Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Hello everyone, I am an altaholic.

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.
    I must ask you, its easier to level now, for real?
    Is Korthia really worth something now with all 9.1.5 changes?

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

What you guys think? What can you guys tell me based on the tests?

thank you very much
    If the only reason you stopped was because of the "grind", then any time from now should be ok to get back in. HOWEVER, if you didnt like the "grind" is because you didnt enjoy the gameplay or the progression, or the systems, or something along those lines, then stay away - nothing has REALLY changed. If you can afford 1 month (either disposable income or gold) then absolutely go for it - fun is subjective, and its impossible for us to say what you will or wont enjoy.

The only thing I can say, is that although subjective as i said, if you didnt enjoy the core gameplay loop, that hasnt changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The only thing I can say, is that although subjective as i said, if you didnt enjoy the core gameplay loop, that hasnt changed.
    And nor have any of the specs, so if you had issues with the way your character(s) played, you'll still have issues. It's funny how Ghostcrawler used to talk about how they didn't want to change things too much during an expansion, because it tended to alienate players, but these days there's less change for most specs between expansions than there used to be between tiers and nowadays it's all little tweaks or over-buffing something to paper over the cracks so if your gameplay is busted that's it, come back in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Don't level with torghast.
    If leveling a healer/tank go threads of fate > dungeon spam.
    If leveling a dps go main story > quest.
    ^ This is for efficiency, do what you want for fun ***

Korthia is like a milion times better. In 2-3 hours I was rep tier 4 12k research on the first day I was there on a new toon. The bonuses at tier 2/4 are nuts for research plus the boa rep increase.

Renown is a complete joke, went from 40-72 in 2 days with all conduits at 226. (the 226 conduits upgrades are fucking luanched at you from every direction in korthia now, was there for 30 mins today and got 5 of them.)
    how do you get so much renown in 2 days? I wanna do that.

You get a ton of renown leveling with threads. Remember you start at 40, and then every bonus area gives a renown, each zone has like 6 of them, and it's across 4 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You get a ton of renown leveling with threads. Remember you start at 40, and then every bonus area gives a renown, each zone has like 6 of them, and it's across 4 zones.
    i need to get to 80 in one first

Surely you know the answer to that.

Shadowlands isn't for many alts. You will have to re-grind the renown, the conduits, the legendary, the ash, the gold for the legendary, the raid for the gems and for the upgrade currency, while being rejected by every pock up group cause you are behind the curve.

No, this game has been very clear over the last years that devs don't do alts (if they even play the game) and neither should you.

I have one of every class (more than but besides the point). I leveled about 5 or 6 in shadowlands. I play 2. That is generally how much my sanity can handle.

No, if you want alts, don't play WoW. It will destroy your soul.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-12 at 06:14 AM.

Yes, of course. I have alts at 80 in 9.1.5 after 2 weeks casually playing. You get to like 64 just leveling, then the covenant campaign gives another 10 or so.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-11-12 at 03:49 PM.

Biggest grind is and likely still will be conduits. I don't know if that level of min maxing is important to you but that is the biggest hurdle.

226 conduits are again really quick. Past that it's a grind.

Decided to take a level 50 character that I leveled up in BfA during the early days of the pandemic and finally bring it into SL to test the new Threads of Fate leveling changes that came in patch 9.1.5.

- Bonus Objectives: I completed all 5 Ardenweald objectives in under 13 minutes; Maldraxxus in around 15 minutes and Bastion was about 20 minutes, but I did do a WQ in there on accident, thought it was the objective. I haven't done Revendreth yet.

- Torghast is nice for the daily and the renown level, but I wouldn't run it more than once a day. It was fun to do though, I've done it twice so far and cleared out each floor. Looks like rescuing souls and prisoners gives exp and opening chests does as well. The final boss gives a nice chunk of exp, but Torghast isn't worth doing more than once a day.

- Heirloom Gear was nice, the 60% slower use of rested exp is really nice. Enchanting what you can on your gear worked out really well too.

- Renown: I sent the level 40 renown item to my alt and am now over 60 and will most likely just need 12 levels of renown once my alt hits 60 and is done with revendreth. each bonus objective gives renown, except Wild Hunt offensive, which I think is bugged.

On another alt that needed conduits; I got lots from just running around Korthia. The drop rate on the Soultwining Crescent is really good and I got my conduits that i needed to 226 very quickly.

Overall, the changes are very nice. Please note; this is from someone who already has a main done with everything, so all the alt passives that help makes things easier are unlocked already.

Yep threads is quite pleasant to level in right now. I plan to do the rest of my alts next week with the 17% XP buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Sl is utter trash
    love WoWarcraft

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

thank you very much
    You can buy a token that will boost your renown in your current faction to 40, whether or not you have a toon in that faction - so from that point of view this is better for alts.

The toon that takes the skips to Korthia will only get 3 dailies there.

Gearing up is fast. Korthian Armament tokens turn into a random piece of gear, they're account bound so great for alts. Plus there's a vendor in Korthia who will sell you - except some jewelry - slot specific gear.

So there are a number of ways 9.2 is alt-friendly, certain minor things like gameplay haven't changed.

Will you get sufficient entertainment out of your dollar? This is up to you to determine.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    is it better to level in the main story or threads of fate?
    You can buy an instant 40 renown item you can use on chars level 50+, then choose Threads for leveling, the big % zone quests are reeeaally quick to complete. For me it was superchill and on one character I was also renown 70 when I reached max level.

Korthia is really quick right now. If you care about the Korthian tmog from all Covenants, you can pick all dailies go to Oribos and change covenants (you need at least one at 80 to do that iirc) so you can see if X quest from the Venthyr NPC in Korthis gives a tmog item if you swap to Venthyr etc. Extra NPCs can spawn if you complete the 3d of 4th chapter of Korthia campaign (the one where you search the Sigil of the Primus iirc).

thank you very much
    i would answer it that way:

„if you didnt like SL before 9.1.5 for 100% you will not like it now for 85%“

at least imo. if that helps.