Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    never played league, so i have no clue who any of the characters are from a gameplay perspective, nor do i know if the show has any actual in game reference (as in do the way the characters fight in the series reflect what they do in game, is Vi a bruiser character with fist weapons?, is jinx some kinda ranged hero with bombs and shit she throws about? etc), overall i think some of the story writing is very weak and pretty rushed, some of it is pretty good and well done, so a good mix really lol, i'll be honest with some of the rushed writing as a non game fan/player i have no real attachment to any of the characters presented in these 9 episodes, obviously there's a couple of plot points that have you invested in seeing the outcome but the characters i could take them or leave them, and one of the dumbest plot points was from the episode where they ousted the furry council leader dude, instead of fighting his case and giving actual testimony why this new technology was dangerous using examples from the past that none of the characters in the show have any notion of, he just sits there and takes it without saying a word other than 'please don't do this', really?.

anyway all in all i like the art style, i think the set and sound design is decent, character design i'm assuming is somewhat faithful to how they appear in game and the rest of the cast is just done in a generic 'lore accurate' style?, overall i give it 6/10 so far with a couple of episodes being maybe worthy of a 7/10 from me.

I'm on episode 7, what a surprise!

I never played LoL, went in with zero knowledge of the universe, expecting something childish and got an excellent show.

Watching this made me realize how I will never get to watch something good from blizz, they are not capable of creating something this good. It would end up being some Overwatch disney crap with forced diversity.

Thanks Riot, never played anything from you guys but I will keep an eye for other games.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    never played league, so i have no clue who any of the characters are from a gameplay perspective, nor do i know if the show has any actual in game reference (as in do the way the characters fight in the series reflect what they do in game, is Vi a bruiser character with fist weapons?, is jinx some kinda ranged hero with bombs and shit she throws about? etc), overall i think some of the story writing is very weak and pretty rushed, some of it is pretty good and well done, so a good mix really lol, i'll be honest with some of the rushed writing as a non game fan/player i have no real attachment to any of the characters presented in these 9 episodes, obviously there's a couple of plot points that have you invested in seeing the outcome but the characters i could take them or leave them, and one of the dumbest plot points was from the episode where they ousted the furry council leader dude, instead of fighting his case and giving actual testimony why this new technology was dangerous using examples from the past that none of the characters in the show have any notion of, he just sits there and takes it without saying a word other than 'please don't do this', really?.
    But the technology was immaterial to what Jayce actually accused him of in order to make the case of him being unfit to lead anymore. It was only the reason why Jayce did what he did in the first place. The actual charge was that Heimerdinger was offering nothing more than empty speeches about houses divided in regards to the rift between Piltover and Zaun, while not actually doing anything. And there was nothing for Heimerdinger to make his case in regards to that, because Jayce was right. Which is kinda why Heimerdinger went to the undercity to learn about its people and offer help after he got kicked. The only thing Jayce missed then (but realized in the last episode) is that it wasn't just Heimerdinger and the entire Council was unfit to rule over Zaun, which was one of the two main reasons why he decided giving Zaun its independence was the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really loved the art direction and animation. The stories were great for the first few episodes. But became forced and cliched at the end when the characters became conventional good/bad archetypes.

Shame they didnt let this just be a stand-alone story like Into The Spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    Really loved the art direction and animation. The stories were great for the first few episodes. But became forced and cliched at the end when the characters became conventional good/bad archetypes.

Shame they didnt let this just be a stand-alone story like Into The Spiderverse.
    First of all I want to say that in my opinion the entire first season is great. I actually like the 2nd and 3rd acts as much as the 1st one, if not more.

However the only problem I have with it, is that some of the major plots are set in stone. For instance, when you know that the Vi/Jinx plot is not going to get a happy ending, it kinda dulls your expectations. And still, I knew that they're bound to drift apart, but still rooted for them till the very end...

Brilliant show, S2 is already announced(and it seems to follow up the story from S1, instead of another city), hope that they'll deliver.

3 episodes in and had no prior knowledge of the IP.....this show is stunning and amazing. I cannot give it enough praise.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Just finished the entire show, amazing until the end.

And I thought the Warcraft movie was at least "ok", but now I can say it was really pretty bad.

Can't wait for their MMORPG.

I had no knowledge of LoL before I started watching, and OH. MY. GOD. What a slap! That show is so good, not only is the world building perfectly balanced, the artstyle beautiful, but the characters are also very interesting. I wasn't expecting it to be that nice tbh...

Well, somebody knows when to jump on a hot commodity

Kinda hope they do stories from other cities and locations. Would love to see one take place in the Freyjord, the 3 warring tribes could be very interesting.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know near to nothing about League of Legends outside of some of the characters but I LOVED this show. It might be the best animated show since Avatar, at least for me. So much emotion and heart in this with a solid word and lore and a great art and animation work. Love it!
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-25 at 01:01 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I am curious if they are using this show to do a soft reset to their lore while building towards their mmorpg which would show a lot of planning and forethought on their part.
    Would be great. Never cared for LoL (Dota guy) but unless they are planning to re-invent part of the MMO wheel, it won't do well in long term. They need to unify consoles + PC for the next evolution of MMOs.
    -K

For those of you who like Arcane but don't follow League of Legends stuff I put together a small list of cinematics Riot has released over the years that include the involved champions. Consider it Arcane bonus content.

Jinx's music video which foreshadowed a lot of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs

Ekko's release cinematic shows his main ability to rewind time. Which they were really foreshadowing with the Jinx vs Ekko fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEpp9lkfxA

Tales of Runeterra: Piltover and Zaun | “True Genius” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCVLRh1y96M

And Vi and Caitlyn make small appearances in the Warriors music video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-KAldshAE

And if you really want to mess with your perception of Jinx there's always the alternative version of her where's she's basically in the Guardians of the Galaxy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDQB8lOlTk
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-11-27 at 05:21 AM.

I was surprised at how many cinematics they release for that game, have been checking some of them out. Appreciate the list. Rather enjoyed the Ryze one

10/10 is the most common rating I've seen so far from everyone reviewing it or providing their opinion. IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, YT channels, my own anecdotal set of friends and coworkers. Everyone giving it the same 10/10 masterpiece. I give a congratulatory toast to Riot and Fortiche for bringing this amazing animated series to life.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    10/10 is the most common rating I've seen so far from everyone reviewing it or providing their opinion. IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, YT channels, my own anecdotal set of friends and coworkers. Everyone giving it the same 10/10 masterpiece. I give a congratulatory toast to Riot and Fortiche for bringing this amazing animated series to life.
    Thats the general consensus, although I have seen that one dude, who is like 'its over rated horrible animation' and man we gotta let that solider march on. you always get the one guy. God bless him lol :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thats the general consensus, although I have seen that one dude, who is like 'its over rated horrible animation' and man we gotta let that solider march on. you always get the one guy. God bless him lol :P
    Let him march, and let this series continue to come in. Can't wait for season 2 if it's anywhere close to the quality of this first season (could be a little worse and still be amazing tbh). I know little of the game's lore but do know there is a crap ton of it with over 100 characters in their main game and a few more areas they can cover.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long term Dota player, and constantly making fun of all League people I know for years, kudos. Riot really knocked it out of the park.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-11-30 at 10:29 PM.

I expected absolutely nothing from a netflix (bad) show about League of Legends (bad). Might just be the best animated show I've seen so far.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    while i'm not that guy, i'm not blinded by the show to give it perfect scores just because it's better than some of the trash that's been offered up lately as the new 'hotness' hyped up and ultimately failed to deliver, i really liked the story, i like the art style they went with, an in motion watercolour painting style, however as i said in my first comment in this thread, i felt like the overall story was told well in a few episodes, and badly rushed in others, which lead me to the conclusion it was likely written by committee instead of having a single cohesive writer for the screenplay, which can be a good or bad thing sometimes, in the case of this show i feel like some of the rushed story elements could have done with a bit more build up, or a bit more overall explanation as to provide a little more context for certain characters actions.