Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Why not use that power in the helm to destroy the scourge? I'll never understand why Bolvar didn't just build big fires and have the scourge immolate themselves.
    *ahem*
    THERE MUST ALWAYS BE....

A LICH KING!!!!
    *dramatic music ensues*

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    His purpose is to literally sacrifice himself to become a robot. Not sure that's on the same level as...oh idk...everything else.
    Becoming basically the ruler of Shadowlands isn't just a robot. The Arbiter decides where all the souls go. And we don't even know if he becomes a robot or they decide to add a little humanity to the Arbiter so shit hopefully is sent to more appropriate places.

And he's a random that was so broken while they were totally ok with others going dark and fighting and killing they hand held him. Sure we help him get better but all his growth happens over the course of a year or what ever while he has been trying and failing for countless years to get his wings. Hell if it had to be a Kyrian Kleia has done much more for us/him/everyone than Pelagos has. But I will say I'd much rather had a random side character become the Arbiter than Sylvanas. Also we are going to where the Arbiter was made. Can't we make another? And if we are using Pelagos as fuel to make another why would this one be named when the original wasn't?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I think there's only two big options for Zereth Mortis. And we know a lot of it already.

-There'll be a lot more First Ones stuff.
    -The Jailer will have opened more portals to bring his minions through. Because I doubt it'll just be him alone there to fight.
    -The Dreadlords will make their move, trying to claim this was all their plan after all, and probably try to usurp the Jailer, now that he's "served their purpose".
    -The Brokers will be there. It's been seeded there was a scholar that was trying to find and and was making progress, and then disappeared. And all seek it.
    -We'll be trying to save Anduin.

Now the two options for Zereth Mortis are a new Shadowlands realm. Or, more interestingly, it's on Azeroth. Possibly in Northrend. And if Blizz is going to rewrite reality to herald a new world remake, that option might be the more interesting one. Though my money's on the first option.

Now, what I would really like, is a system like those Invasion Points on Argus, where we went to stop the Legion on other worlds. But instead, it's mini-scenarios where we go to other Shadowland realms, and solving some local problem to recruit their fighters to join the fight again Zovaal. Get to see at least a little bit of those near-infinite other afterlives.

Sylvanas, I think I can predict the ending for. It's a tricky thing, what they did with her. At this point, whatever path they pick for the character, will be considered The Worst Thing They Could Have Done. I think the one the least people will hate though, is the Heroic Sacrifice option. I think they'll have her go out like Grom Hellscream in Warcraft 3. Prevent the Jailer's Victory as somewhat of a redemptive act. But also dying in the process. Whether her soul survives or not, I do not know. But either way, she'll not come back to Azeroth with us. Maybe she'll be the first soul the new Arbiter will judge.
    i really hope not shes my waifu ill be lost without her who else is there left i can have
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Becoming basically the ruler of Shadowlands isn't just a robot. The Arbiter decides where all the souls go. And we don't even know if he becomes a robot or they decide to add a little humanity to the Arbiter so shit hopefully is sent to more appropriate places.

And he's a random that was so broken while they were totally ok with others going dark and fighting and killing they hand held him. Sure we help him get better but all his growth happens over the course of a year or what ever while he has been trying and failing for countless years to get his wings. Hell if it had to be a Kyrian Kleia has done much more for us/him/everyone than Pelagos has. But I will say I'd much rather had a random side character become the Arbiter than Sylvanas. Also we are going to where the Arbiter was made. Can't we make another? And if we are using Pelagos as fuel to make another why would this one be named when the original wasn't?
    The First Ones were perfectly fine with letting the other Eternal Ones create a robot using Zovaal's Anima, as Zovaal himself was way too fucking insane to actually keep his job.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine the most stupid, non senstional and irrational possibility. That's the way Steve will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i really hope not shes my waifu ill be lost without her who else is there left i can have
    Y’shtola

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well, I don't really think Pelagos has the necessary gravitas and exposure to become the Arbiter, but I'm definitely glad that it's not Sylvanas getting that treatment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm totally expecting Sylvanas to become the new arbiter because stevie needs his wife to be the megaredeemed protagonist of the story but that would still be better than this shit doing the rounds:

It is all good down til the very last point. That one scares the shit out of me. It is so bad, that it makes all other point above good.

Why does there even need to be someone to fill in the slot, the Arbiter we saw was a mute robot. If someone does need to fill the slot, Pelagos is an absolutely bizarre fucking choice and I have no idea why they're even dragging him back given that the Kyrian story was completely resolved last patch in the only end of zone epilogue I'd unequivocally say was solid, bringing back every single character from before. Is this a twitter thing and there was some shadow cabal that wanted to transition into robots who work 24/7?
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-11-19 at 07:36 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything that does not lead to sylvanas dying and her essence being erased from existence, like, not even going to the maw, just ceasing to exist, will be straight up garbage

there is no other way that this expansion ends, tolerable, if it does not end like that, they trapped themselves into a corner. Her becoming the lich queen, azeroth avatar, redemption or any other bullshit will just feel garbage after every shit we eat for the past 3 expansions with her.

Too bad we already know what Danuser will do, we can only hope for the last worse, but everything looks like the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Why does there even need to be someone to fill in the slot, the Arbiter we saw was a mute robot. If someone does need to fill the slot, Pelagos is an absolutely bizarre fucking choice and I have no idea why they're even dragging him back given that the Kyrian story was completely resolved last patch in the only end of zone epilogue I'd unequivocally say was solid, bringing back every single character from before. Is this a twitter thing and there was some shadow cabal that wanted to transition into robots who work 24/7?
    I can only guess they are going for the ending where the Arbiter lacked empathy to see what afterlife would be perfect, instead going for mostly perfect.

It's dumb, and doesn't actually give a good reason for why the old version didn't work other than the Kyrians sometimes not being a perfect fit, which in itself was seemingly solved at the end of 9.1.

Pelagos was probably chosen I this case because he at least had some lines that hint at his main trait being empathy.

It's definitely very random from a storytelling perspective though. It does genuinely make it seem like they wanted to make it Sylvanus, but realized how horrible an idea this was and decided to course correct any way they could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Anything that does not lead to sylvanas dying and her essence being erased from existence, like, not even going to the maw, just ceasing to exist, will be straight up garbage

there is no other way that this expansion ends, tolerable, if it does not end like that, they trapped themselves into a corner. Her becoming the lich queen, azeroth avatar, redemption or any other bullshit will just feel garbage after every shit we eat for the past 3 expansions with her.

Too bad we already know what Danuser will do, we can only hope for the last worse, but everything looks like the worst.
    At this point I just want Sylvanas to be er return to Azeroth or be relevant again. There is nothing Blizzard could realistically do that wouldn't have her be on Azeroth, be the Arbiter or whatever, that wouldn't make her presence a constant plothile as to why noone is just straight up going after her constantly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Why am i not surprised blizzard elevates the token trans character in a pathetic attempt to appear "woke"

Pelagos couldn't even become an ascended, and now you're telling me he gets to become the fucking arbiter of the entire WoW universe? Literal bullshit
    Sadly, there seems to be a strong presence of that kind of devs in the game atm. Problem is not who or how they are, but the way that they assume that they have the divine right to impose their ideology accross the game...

Damn it, this game used to have 0 issues until they opened that can of worms.

They are as bad as Bobby Kotick for the game but from the opposite side of the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I can only guess they are going for the ending where the Arbiter lacked empathy to see what afterlife would be perfect, instead going for mostly perfect.

It's dumb, and doesn't actually give a good reason for why the old version didn't work other than the Kyrians sometimes not being a perfect fit, which in itself was seemingly solved at the end of 9.1.
    I don't know why we even need to do all this nonsense, one of the encounters is with a printing machine. Why don't we print out a new Zovaal but turn down the dickishness slider and up his hairline? Pelagos is better than Sylvanas in so far as it's just incredibly stupid instead of offensively stupid, but still a nonsensical choice that exists only to surprise. I'm not even angry at it as that would require giving more of a fuck, but it's just so strange.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-11-19 at 08:10 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

Why should Sylvanas die? (Anyway, she cant.)
    She is clearly becoming the Lich Queen, which will park her aside for a while.

Her character is far too important to simply delete her... specially for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Evil Alliance is not happening.
    It pretty much *has* to happen now. Turalyon is the only story thread that isn't apparently getting wrapped up in a pretty pink bow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Her character is far too important to simply delete her... specially for no reason.
    That seems like it has to happen right? If we kill Zovaal, I can't imagine why we would need a lich king, but also where would Death Knights come from? And Why would they be death knights? As far as what we've been shown that power comes from the Jailer. Are they going to change it as the Power of Death simply comes from the Shadowlands? But then I go back to, I guess we don't need a Lich King anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, there seems to be a strong presence of that kind of devs in the game atm. Problem is not who or how they are, but the way that they assume that they have the divine right to impose their ideology accross the game...
    Considering how much the devs love magic the gathering, it mirrors the end of the War of the Spark where the lich leaders of the Orzhov are assassinated & replaced with a simple pageboy.

- - - Updated - - -

The bloodlust from players is insatiable. It's understandable but less so when it comes from people who want Sylvanas beheaded but keep talking about "Arthas/Garrosh did nothing wrong." And even now she's prostrating herself to the other characters even when she's more right than ever: This universe is a farse. The Gods are 3d printed: Everyone's life is akin to cattle for their hunger for anima. A machination created by creatures long dead. If their message was "Even though the world is designed as a trinket for prenatal higher beings, individual lives matter" they completely failed at conveying that idea.

shit like this happens only to unimportant characters, like Garrosh.
    Obviously Blizzard would never let the most popular character of the franchise getting deleted from the existence. Its just a stupid idea when they can bring her back at some point and make money with her

Huh apparently during the Zovaal Bossfight we will be literally bodyblocking Azeroth from zovaal trying to shot her, with the phases being called Origin of Domination, Machine of Origination, Unholy Attunement, The Unmaking

Worst part about the Pelagos is that the way it's framed it happens before we depart for Zereth Mortis, which brings into question why the hell did they not replace the Arbiter years ago? The longer this xpac goes on the more convinced i'm that the Eternal Stooges need to be removed from power, for sheer incompetence.

7+ Year Old Account

she can die, her character is nothing to be this relevant, she is only important because one writer have a boner for her.

there is enough reasons to delete her, especially making her pay for her own crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At this point I just want Sylvanas to be er return to Azeroth or be relevant again. There is nothing Blizzard could realistically do that wouldn't have her be on Azeroth, be the Arbiter or whatever, that wouldn't make her presence a constant plothile as to why noone is just straight up going after her constantly.
    what are you that thing that eat other people happiness, are you sure you want that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    shit like this happens only to unimportant characters, like Garrosh.
    Obviously Blizzard would never let the most popular character of the franchise getting deleted from the existence. Its just a stupid idea when they can bring her back at some point and make money with her
    Bold of you to assume that of one of the most hated characters in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

The bloodlust from players is insatiable. It's understandable but less so when it comes from people who want Sylvanas beheaded but keep talking about "Arthas/Garrosh did nothing wrong." And even now she's prostrating herself to the other characters even when she's more right than ever: This universe is a farse. The Gods are 3d printed: Everyone's life is akin to cattle for their hunger for anima. A machination created by creatures long dead. If their message was "Even though the world is designed as a trinket for prenatal higher beings, individual lives matter" they completely failed at conveying that idea.
    i know all this will end up with jokes or trying to poke fun and trigger other, but it stop being funny in BfA, now its just sad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't know why we even need to do all this nonsense, one of the encounters is with a printing machine. Why don't we print out a new Zovaal but turn down the dickishness slider and up his hairline? Pelagos is better than Sylvanas in so far as it's just incredibly stupid instead of offensively stupid, but still a nonsensical choice that exists only to surprise. I'm not even angry at it as that would require giving more of a fuck, but it's just so strange.
    I lold, but ye shadowlands story and implications are literally full of whys.. its just frustrating.

what are you that thing that eat other people happiness, are you sure you want that
    What makes people happy or not is entirely subjective. From a narrative design perspective good aligned characters executing her, after the raid, in the context of where she would be at would be completely asinine. And her avoiding judgement through suicide would also just be a hollow gesture cementing the MS memes.