Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Lightbulb 9.2 Eternity's End Lore Speculation

My speculation for what'll happen in 9.2:
    Bolvar and the Eternal 1s will refurbish the helm of domination of instead of just controlling the Scourge it will bind Zovaal.
    The Jailer will reach the Sepulcher and ofc, the champions will stop him but he'll succeed in remaking the world. The Shadowlands and Azeroth will forever be merged and the spirits can freely wander Azeroth with free will and those who die can choose who they can serve in the afterlife.
    Sylvanas's punishment will be to wear the Helm of Domination to bind the Jailer to a special prison in Zereth Mortis and control the Scourge on Azeroth. Anduin and Calia will return to Stormwind and Orgrimmar but be denied their throne by Turalyon and the people of Stormwind/Lordaeron respectively. The Dreadlords of the Light have infiltrated Azeroth to trick and deceive people into believing the Light is their future and savior as well as Yrel and her Lightbound led by AU Garrosh, defending Azeroth for years against the Scourge while we were in the Shadowlands to reinforce this position and this will lead us into 10.0
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-11-11 at 06:02 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

character gaining potentially limitless power, but its somehow supposed to be "atonement for her sins" bc she cant be around most other people anymore and has to live with that power?
    now where have we seen this before *flashbacks to kerrigans xel'naga ascension*
    no.
    repairing the helm of domination to get the scourge back under control? alright, good.
    using a reforged helm of domination against zovaal, as a sort of "greatest creation backfires in the end" type of thing? ok, sure.
    but anything that suddenly turns sylvanas into a lich queen or new arbiter or whatever is basically kerrigan 2.0, and therefore a big no.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    repairing the helm of domination to get the scourge back under control? alright, good.
    Why not use that power in the helm to destroy the scourge? I'll never understand why Bolvar didn't just build big fires and have the scourge immolate themselves.

I think there's only two big options for Zereth Mortis. And we know a lot of it already.

-There'll be a lot more First Ones stuff.
    -The Jailer will have opened more portals to bring his minions through. Because I doubt it'll just be him alone there to fight.
    -The Dreadlords will make their move, trying to claim this was all their plan after all, and probably try to usurp the Jailer, now that he's "served their purpose".
    -The Brokers will be there. It's been seeded there was a scholar that was trying to find and and was making progress, and then disappeared. And all seek it.
    -We'll be trying to save Anduin.

Now the two options for Zereth Mortis are a new Shadowlands realm. Or, more interestingly, it's on Azeroth. Possibly in Northrend. And if Blizz is going to rewrite reality to herald a new world remake, that option might be the more interesting one. Though my money's on the first option.

Now, what I would really like, is a system like those Invasion Points on Argus, where we went to stop the Legion on other worlds. But instead, it's mini-scenarios where we go to other Shadowland realms, and solving some local problem to recruit their fighters to join the fight again Zovaal. Get to see at least a little bit of those near-infinite other afterlives.

Sylvanas, I think I can predict the ending for. It's a tricky thing, what they did with her. At this point, whatever path they pick for the character, will be considered The Worst Thing They Could Have Done. I think the one the least people will hate though, is the Heroic Sacrifice option. I think they'll have her go out like Grom Hellscream in Warcraft 3. Prevent the Jailer's Victory as somewhat of a redemptive act. But also dying in the process. Whether her soul survives or not, I do not know. But either way, she'll not come back to Azeroth with us. Maybe she'll be the first soul the new Arbiter will judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    character gaining potentially limitless power, but its somehow supposed to be "atonement for her sins" bc she cant be around most other people anymore and has to live with that power?
    now where have we seen this before *flashbacks to kerrigans xel'naga ascension*
    People laughed and mocked those of us who grumbled our prediction about the Lich Queen being redeemed. Just like Kerrigan, she's committed horrors and has a mountain of bodies in her wake, but regained something lost. For Kerrigan, it was humanity. For Sylvie, it's apparently part of her soul.

Not too hard to see Xel'vanas coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Lore of patch 9.2:

Wait for patch 9.3 for conclusion.... Lore of 9.3:

Wait for patch 10.0 for conclusion.... and so on

5+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you all watch The Eternals movie. The plot there is so similar. The ending is beyond scary.

Evil Alliance is not happening.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I suggest you all watch The Eternals movie. The plot there is so similar. The ending is beyond scary.
    Who is the Arishem in WoW then? Would be cool to see our version

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Evil Alliance is not happening.
    It already has. Genn and Sky-Admiral rogers in Legion were the one's who started the war again in Legion. Yrel with the Mag'har, even if she is just an ally instead of official.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It already has. Genn and Sky-Admiral rogers in Legion were the one's who started the war again in Legion. Yrel with the Mag'har, even if she is just an ally instead of official.
    No that's not "Evil Alliance" that's "Morally dubious Alliance".

The Lightbound are also not affiliated with the Alliance in any way.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Sylvanas will become the new Arbiter in the end, that much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Sylvanas will become the new Arbiter in the end, that much is obvious.
    Or she will sacrifice herself to make a new Arbiter sigil. That fits too.

In any case I don't see her ending up in a position that is even remotely comfortable for her. Or at least for her when she didn't have a whole soul.
    Last edited by Zers Editor; 2021-11-11 at 05:26 PM.

Repostan from another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Repostan from another thread.
    Sylvanas after she lost all her savings investing in crypto currency.

https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...-stories-fate/

I add this interview and by the way make it clear how bad Kaldorei writing is.

* At first he is a genocide.
    * But then they have enough strength to fight on all the war fronts.
    * Then it turns out that he does not have enough strength to fight with Azhara and Shandris is just a guest.
    * Then it does not have enough losses to be mentioned in any treaty or be something that worries anyone from the Horde or Alliance.
    * Then there are all their souls in the jaws.
    * Then we save all the souls.
    * Then comes Elune and they confirm that many souls are still in the jaws.
    * And now we confirm that they were annihilated.

So .. were they annihilated or not? That is, each piece of history sees the same event as something different. It is simply absurd.

Besides this changes. Anduin made a deal with the Horde that nearly wiped out the Kaldorei or that he only killed a few civilians? He is either a pacifist or a complete traitor.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Algalon of course. No doubt.

I think this is one of the most bored I’ve been about an expansion end patch.

Lots of extra things. But I want to see the races developed and some more old fashioned down to earth what’s happening here and there.

We need a world remake that focuses on telling story of races and zones and slow build up to a big bad

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...-stories-fate/
    So .. were they annihilated or not?
    They will get exactly as many troops and/or civilians, as the plot demands, at any given time. And it shall only ever be an issue, when Blizzard wants it to be. Just like everyone else. Only thing different there is that Blizz has deliberately drawn attention to it and other factions don't get even remotely as many introduced to die(or worse) characters instead of their more recognisable counterpart, who fulfills the exact same role and just can't be there, when that awful thing happens. /shrug
    Last edited by sighy; 2021-11-11 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Titans are arguably Marvel Celestial in nature.