Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Archivist rep patched in 3,2,1
    500% increase in relic drops everywhere - endlessly farmable, boy sure am glad I'm an early adopter to WoW expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Well, should have bought the premium membership. :P
    Damn and its only 99c.

My pride... my folly...

Weird.. I have that achievement, but I can't use the teleporter... do I have to buy it somewhere?
    Or do you need a specific Venari reputation to see it?

It's the one right behind Venari where you can fly to Keeper's Respite, right?
    Last edited by Echorausch; 2021-11-09 at 03:01 PM.

I wonder why blizzard keeps doing this?
    I'll start off with saying I'm not salty, I was expecting the codex rep to get nerfed so I never bothered farming it beyond just hitting t6 exactly.

But this has become a trend, in 9.0 I was 100% sure Anime would be nerfed, so I never bothered to get any anime, and what do you know, waiting
    until 9.1 made anime a free resource.

In my opinion making something a huge pain to farm, only to later make it so easy you could drop your keyboard and farm it by accident makes
    the "right" choice always waiting for the next patch. Why not try for something in between? Make it a bit less painful at the start, build the nerfs into the system so
    it's not 100% obvious that they are actual nerfs (Like the different codex books and the book for your alts being available from the start) and then don't nerf it later
    on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'll start off with saying I'm not salty, I was expecting the codex rep to get nerfed so I never bothered farming it beyond just hitting t6 exactly.

But this has become a trend, in 9.0 I was 100% sure Anime would be nerfed, so I never bothered to get any anime, and what do you know, waiting

In my opinion making something a huge pain to farm, only to later make it so easy you could drop your keyboard and farm it by accident makes
    the "right" choice always waiting for the next patch. Why not try for something in between? Make it a bit less painful at the start, build the nerfs into the system so
    it's not 100% obvious that they are actual nerfs (Like the different codex books and the book for your alts being available from the start) and then don't nerf it later
    on?
    Another option would be to keep the original grind reasonable and then make it less of a pain on subsequent playthroughs with alts by default. That is something in general that Blizzard would do well to utilize more.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post

on?
    I agree, it's the norm now and I am used to it. This one seemed rather insulting to my time though. How do you make a 2+ month grind do-able in 1-2 days? To me this is them admitting that they have really messed up and made it waaay to time consuming in the first place. But I guess that's what we get as Beta testers.

Another option would be to keep the original grind reasonable and then make it less of a pain on subsequent playthroughs with alts by default. That is something in general that Blizzard would do well to utilize more.
    They did something similar with MoP rep grinds. Once you hit revered with a faction you could buy a token that increased all future rep turn-ins with that faction by 100%. And I believe you could send this to alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    They did something similar with MoP rep grinds. Once you hit revered with a faction you could buy a token that increased all future rep turn-ins with that faction by 100%. And I believe you could send this to alts.
    Wasn't that token an account wide unlock that marked the bar with a star? Either way, something like that would be a solution imho. They could even stagger it if they want, like first char gives you a +25% bonus to the highest level of your higehst char, the second gives you another +25% for all up to that point etc. There are a million ways to bake this into the system to make the system more reasonable, give people something to do, without buring them in soulcrushing tedium.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Blizzard will nerf the rep gains in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.................

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Blizzard will nerf the rep gains in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.................
    Anyone else ever heard of a paragon box you can literally grind up daily?

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Rofl. <reads again to be sure> What? Oh sweet Summer child,try and play another MMO first before making sweeping statement like this.

WOW's transportation is one of the best in the MMO category, past and current.
    I would say that only maybe TESO comes close.
    I've played plenty other mmos and they're right. WoW's transportation is absolute fucking dogshit compared to literally every other mmo I've ever played.

Wasn't that token an account wide unlock that marked the bar with a star? Either way, something like that would be a solution imho. They could even stagger it if they want, like first char gives you a +25% bonus to the highest level of your higehst char, the second gives you another +25% for all up to that point etc. There are a million ways to bake this into the system to make the system more reasonable, give people something to do, without buring them in soulcrushing tedium.
    That star thing sounds familiar. I am sure we could brainstorm ten different mechanics in an hour that would make alt rep grinding (or borrowed power grinding) vastly more enjoyable but....

Blizzard

A: Doesn't have the ability to think up these engaging mechanics (the ones that did in past games are probably gone)

or

B: They want you to waste your time and sub money repeating tedious tasks multiple times

or

C: All of the above

this. a hundred times this.

if they did that 1-2 xpacs ago, that maybe had safed 10-20% of their playerbase. i know sooooo many ppl left solely for that stupid treadmill design.

and the real treadmill starts with playing 1 or more alts. its not the treadmill design for main characters, that makes it per se a treadmill. playing alts, a wow „content“ option since day1, is where the REAL treadmill design starts hitting you.

whatever data Blizz has, whatever they smoke, but when they really think, they make more money by keep ppl playing, when alts have to do all that shit again, than they make money with ppl not going unsub cause of that shit… well, then Blizz is hillarious stupid or hillarious stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Rofl. <reads again to be sure> What? Oh sweet Summer child,try and play another MMO first before making sweeping statement like this.

WOW's transportation is one of the best in the MMO category, past and current.
    I would say that only maybe TESO comes close.
    I have. However we're not talking about previous games like UO. We're talking about GW2 or FFXIV, among others who have superior transportation methods.

Perhaps go and play other MMO's and you'll see for yourself. You clearly don't.