Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    No, they don't.
    Yes, they do. If they don't, then they don't read MMO-champion either, or any other WoW site. Just because they do not reply to you does not mean that people don't see what you say if attention is created for it. They cannot read all posts but they do read certain topics, especially in certain subforums. You are one of millions, you can't always expect for them to acknowledge your complaint with a receipt.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I really don't understand the need to change stuff like this. IMO it's ok to have 'problematic' things in your stories if it's not shown in a glorified light. How boring would stories be if the people in them are perfect people? FFS. A core part of the setting is racism between the various races the game has. Is that problematic too?
    Because they think they're the bastions of morality and context doesn't matter apparently...,

    For them stories must mirror an author himself(who he is and how he looks) and his/hers world views , if you write a racist/misogynistic/phobics characters it's because you support those views

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Holy shit, a fantasy world having people of ALL types? Even racists, misogynists, etc? Crazy!

    Grow up.
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

    Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue is that some people feel offended when those elements are being portrayed at all within "their" game, regardless of context.

    Context matters little here, which is funny because there is actually a bit more revealed about the context of this quest via other questtexts and npc gossip.
    Frankly, those people need to grow up. The world is not perfect, and whitewashing media so that these topics are never talked about is even worse

  5. #25
    Sad that people get a thrill out of making burner accounts and troll threads. Need some better hobbies.

  6. #26
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

    Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".
    Well, technically, there are already kingdoms that believed other people of other kingdoms were lesser humans?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    Sad that people get a thrill out of making burner accounts and troll threads. Need some better hobbies.
    This person is a repeat offender. Tends to return with another quest or something but instead of posting where he/she should, the person posts here, and hope for reaction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  7. #27
    I was wondering where that quest went when I wanted to do it a few days ago.

    Maybe I can get Blizzard to give this quest back by using their own tools.

    "Very Mister Blizard, I am a non binary person of many colors an I am deeply offended that you removed the opportunity for my people to do this quest. This is systematic oppression and you should be ashamed of yourselves."

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

    Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".

    You are reaching for something that isn't there. You are overreaching using extreme examples that don't convey what you created this thread for.


    I get this is a troll thread and that's why you made this account, but you need to stick to the point instead of branching off.


    I'll see you on your next account.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You are reaching for something that isn't there.
    You believe all these women are lying?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    You believe all these women are lying?
    Just you really.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Just you really.
    About what?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

    Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".
    Well it depends. If there were characters like that in a videogame, maybe theres a good reason for it? If videogames of 2021 are supposed to be filled with real-life stuff, well then sorry to tell you rasicsts are real. How we portray them, deal with them, talk to them is key. Just because there was a NPC talking down on women, that doesnt mean Blizzard hates women or whatever. The character does.

    We, the players, get to experience is and can make up our own mind. The natural thinking would be "damn what an asshole!" and move on.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

    Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".
    If you actually cared at all, you wouldn't have made a burner account to share this idea.

    And you know what... holy shit.... They do say shit like that in-game..... All orcs are disgusting, the horde are dogs, less than scum, aren't worth the air they breathe, we should kill them all, etc etc.


    But guess what? It's a fantasy world. It doesn't need to fit your shitty narrative of life. If you don't like it, guess what you should do? Go fucking play a different game.

  14. #34
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,550
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-10 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    snip
    That's transphobic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    If you actually cared at all
    If I actually cared at all I would not have made an account to post here? You make no sense.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Holy shit, a fantasy world having people of ALL types? Even racists, misogynists, etc? Crazy!

    Grow up.
    Correction. Even people you consider a, misogynists etc

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's transphobic

    - - - Updated - - -



    If I actually cared at all I would not have made an account to post here? You make no sense.
    You're avoiding the rest of the comment, nice.

    And yes, if you cared about the topic you're trying to talk about, you wouldn't be hiding under a burner account. You would use your main MMO-C account. So all you've done is tell people you're a coward, and that you don't actually care about this issue.


    Not to mention, nothing about the other post was transphobic. You don't know the sexual identity of the player, the demon only knows that you're now a woman. Again, you're "LOOKING" for things to be upset about. Instead of living life, you're out here trying to correct things that aren't in need of fixing, so you can somehow look courageous, and "strong" for doing so. What a pile of bullshit. You're just like most other fake-ass virtue signalers. Crying to get attention, because your parents didn't love you enough. Get over it, grow up. Stop with all this stupid fucking nonsense.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2021-11-09 at 06:16 PM.

  18. #38
    Women are terrible, they can't help it with their tiny brains and their vaginas.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Blizzard is ahead of you and already removed the quest.

    https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=35...rayed#comments


    I know this is a burner account just to bait people into replying, but i find the circumstances rather humorous.
    It was actually removed during in cata, during the world revamp.

    Probably has nothing to do with offending people and is entirely about the quests all being redone.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Just because there was a NPC talking down on women, that doesnt mean Blizzard hates women or whatever. The character does.
    I think even saying this ignores the context.

    The entire story of this "chain" can be summarized as:
    Belgrom (the questgiver) is a notorious womanizer (i think an npc literally calls him that).
    The bloodelf woman, Rimtori, seduced Belgrom into having some of his Warriors aid her in some excavation for riches in Azshara.
    She promised him a reward in return, she however, killed all of the Orc Warriors in order to claim all the riches for herself.
    Now, you're being sent in, in order to avenge the fallen warriors and claim vengeance for him.

    That's why he's mad at a woman, he has been had by one who used her charms into securing his aid, then killed those men because of greed.

    It's actually a rather interesting quest if you'd place in a story based RPG.
    Would you side with
    A. The womanizing superior who had been duped and got his men killed
    B. A power hungry woman that used her charms to seduce someone and then killed innocent people out of sheer greed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    It was actually removed during in cata, during the world revamp.
    It's gone in Classic and TBC, not talking about Retail.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-11-09 at 06:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •