Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Offended for the sake of being offended... Can we just stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".
    "That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas"- How in the fuck do you think this game's plot was made?

"What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"?"- Yes, because that's the fucking point in a world based off sexism, bigotry, etc. GARITHOS LITERALLY IS RACIST TOWARDS BLOOD ELVES LMAOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Like, why do you think the High/Blood Elves left the Alliance to begin with? The fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Correction. Even people you consider a, misogynists etc
    Damn bro, I almost gave a fuck. What does this have to do with the topic?

"Racism" in WoW is not the same as racism in the real world. We just use the term race to describe humans and orcs, but really they are a different species. Unless you think the difference in real life between black and white people is like the difference between orcs and humans. In WoW, the "races" are actually different. Goblins are greedy. Orcs have a lust for blood.
    You're not making a good case for the overbearing stupidity of removing harmless quests that have no bearing in the game just because it hurts some weak minded individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who thinks quests like this are a problem are basically morons

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    It was actually removed during in cata, during the world revamp.

Probably has nothing to do with offending people and is entirely about the quests all being redone.
    Classic servers still exist

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You're avoiding the rest of the comment, nice.

And yes, if you cared about the topic you're trying to talk about, you wouldn't be hiding under a burner account. You would use your main MMO-C account. So all you've done is tell people you're a coward, and that you don't actually care about this issue.
    This is the only account I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Yes, because that's the fucking point in a world based off sexism, bigotry, etc. GARITHOS LITERALLY IS RACIST TOWARDS BLOOD ELVES LMAOOO
    God, nothing you say makes sense. Blood Elves aren't a different race, they're a different species, races in WoW are not the same as in the real world.

It doesn't change that if someone made a character that was a Nazi and said Nazi things, that that was probably the developer trying to get away with saying Nazi things.

There is a problematic quest in Classic with some misogynistic quest text and I think it should be removed.

classic (dot) wowhead (dot) com (slash) quest=3504 (slash) betrayed
    cope.

by the way bad bait.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ever play D&D you learn fast never trust a woman. Unless you want to end up poisoned or have your soul sucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If you ever play D&D you learn fast never trust a woman. Unless you want to end up poisoned or have your soul sucked out.
    Because the people inventing these games and playing these games are sexist and come up with sexist tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I really don't understand the need to change stuff like this. IMO it's ok to have 'problematic' things in your stories if it's not shown in a glorified light. How boring would stories be if the people in them are perfect people? FFS. A core part of the setting is racism between the various races the game has. Is that problematic too?
    Genocide is fine, but don't your dare discriminate against women!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Because the people inventing these games and playing these games are sexist and come up with sexist tropes.
    If stuff like this offends you, then play another game.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying having women be the bad guy is sexist? Damn dude what ever happened to equality?

"Racism" in WoW is not the same as racism in the real world. We just use the term race to describe humans and orcs, but really they are a different species. Unless you think the difference in real life between black and white people is like the difference between orcs and humans. In WoW, the "races" are actually different. Goblins are greedy. Orcs have a lust for blood.
    Actually it's a common (I remember being taught that in school), but not very sound argument. But it's a very interesting thing. Think about it, does your respect depends on whether you can have a viable offspring with a person? I'm sure not.
    If we found another, non-homo sapiens species of humans on a Pacific island, would you consider them as lesser?
    Alternatively, say that we found out that some crazy racist theory (which I invent on the spot for the sake of the argument) that "people from Switzerland are more likely to be violent" is in fact genuinely true by genetics. Could be, as "same species" does not mean behavior traits can't be different (see dog breeds).
    Should we then apply discriminations on those people?

So you see, the ethics there are a bit more complicated. We would have the same dilemma if say, Aliens landed on our planet. They would be sentient beings, but would that be enough to grant them human rights?

It's a bit unrelated to the topic here, because question is "should all NPC characters in WoW respect X", which is a bit different.

If I actually cared at all I would not have made an account to post here? You make no sense.
    You mean you wouldn't have made your 3rd account to post on a site Blizzard rarely reads instead of the official forums where they do read.

Betraying, thieving fruit bowl! That's what I call her--that's all she'll ever be!

I may have made a grave mistake, <name>. I trusted a blood elf. What's worse, I trusted a fruit bowl!

She claimed Azshara would hold great riches... powerful items. I simply send some warriors with her to protect her and I would be rewarded. Well, look who's the fool--she's killed them all.
    Fixed that the blizz way
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-11-09 at 06:40 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Genocide is fine, but don't your dare discriminate against women!!!
    When people are killing each other in the game, it's not cause the developers are trying to get away with killing.

But when they are saying sexist things, it's cause they want to get away with saying sexist things.

That's just an excuse to promote racist and misogynist ideas. What if there was an NPC in the game that talked about how all black people are subhumans. Can we just say "that's just the NPC being a racist"? Or at what point can we stop and say, wait a second, maybe the people that created this game are just using these NPCs to spread their own bigoted opinions?

Considering with what is going on at Blizzard with the sexual assault law suit, that does make a lot of sense now, doesn't it? That someone like Alex Afrasiabi, who harassed that woman and then went "bitches, man, bitches" when she refused to be molested by him, would then go on to create a quest where the NPC says "how could I have trusted a woman".
    could you teach us what does 'to promote something' mean?,link definition
    and then prove us that 1 npc saying 1 sentence in a game with milions of sentences it is actually promoting something

majority of villain in wow are male, maybe its a problem, that blizz promote its as a bad/worse gender we can also use ur quote, it would make even more sense ;x

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As garithous would say - Never trust a fruit bowl.

The quest text isn't misogynistic, the character is.

Happy to have highlighted that distinction for you as I'm sure your agenda isn't to remove all character from the characters.

That would be wack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think even saying this ignores the context.

The entire story of this "chain" can be summarized as:
    Belgrom (the questgiver) is a notorious womanizer (i think an npc literally calls him that).
    The bloodelf woman, Rimtori, seduced Belgrom into having some of his Warriors aid her in some excavation for riches in Azshara.
    She promised him a reward in return, she however, killed all of the Orc Warriors in order to claim all the riches for herself.
    Now, you're being sent in, in order to avenge the fallen warriors and claim vengeance for him.

That's why he's mad at a woman, he has been had by one who used her charms into securing his aid, then killed those men because of greed.

It's actually a rather interesting quest if you'd place in a story based RPG.
    Would you side with
    A. The womanizing superior who had been duped and got his men killed
    B. A power hungry woman that used her charms to seduce someone and then killed innocent people out of sheer greed?

It's gone in Classic and TBC, not talking about Retail.
    ok, thanks for clarifying. In that case, it just makes the questline quite good. Things like this is what makes good RPGs. Last I checked wow still is a mmoRPG.

It would be very boring if everything was bland and 100% PC literally everywhere.

Yes. You can have racists and bigots depicted in games, TV shows, or movies. It's fine to have murderers so why not racists?

10+ Year Old Account
    When people are killing each other in the game, it's not cause the developers are trying to get away with killing.

But when they are saying sexist things, it's cause they want to get away with saying sexist things.
    Or fitting into the aesthetics of the design? Just because you write a fantasy story does not mean you support the behavior. You do not support the idea of war by writing in a war in your story, or the idea of people starving due to famine, you don't support the idea of people starving because of adding that. Writing in a part where a character is insulting another person of a different gender, religion or race does not mean you support such behavior in the real world either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Not man enough to flamebait on your main account i see.

Weak af
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s