Poll: Would you want another patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What is your point? I have just demonstrated that contemporary WoW developers aggressively time gate the game to the point where it's not fun. Massive amounts of people has left the game and when they release a preview video and talk about how cool their new time-gating mechanism is, no wonder some of us are unhappy/cynical.
    Being unhappy about timegated content in WoW is absurd, considering it's ALWAYS been present in the game, whether as content (Isle of Queldanas, new stages every week, or even the bosses in a raid not being immediately available in Sunwell), to having story split into weeks, slowing unraveling for a long while aswell.

So again, if that's is something that bothers you, you've been playing the wrong game for a long while.

Still wont see this on live til Easter....

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    In fairness, perhaps moreso than is warranted, he mentioned we're 'going into' the third act of a 3-act play. 9.3 could well be the denouement after... I guess you could call 9.2 the climax.
    9.0 = act 1
    9.1 = act 2
    9.2 = act 3

There won't be a 9.3.

This is better than I expected. New zone, new raid. Not a recycled Icecrown and ICC.

Lets get Shadowlands over with so we can enjoy the 18 month content drought, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I hate this piggy-backing on Warcraft 3 that they keep doing. "Oh yeah, we've been working on this story for a long time!" Don't act as if any of you were even working at Blizzard back then. Seriously, the idea that any of this lore existed back then is laughable.
    Honestly, we don't know? There were already a few MoP idea pages during the RTS of Warcraft according to documentaries. As well, many various positions did confirm during various BlizzCon boards that Blizzard has compilations of ideas for future content, already further forward than just the next two. Not saying they knew it all but ideas sprout from somewhere, and needs approval in time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The last patch of TBC and the last patch of Wrath were some of the worst time gating this game has every had imo.
    Exactly this!

Thank god!

I was afraid they were going to try and stretch this for another patch. It would've been a death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It would seem Steve Danuser has confirmed that Eternity's End is the final patch for Shadowlands. How do you feel about another expansion with 2 content patches?
    It honestly doesn't matter how long Shadowlands is. The gameplay, music, and storytelling will not improve if we move on from Shadowlands.

The only thing that might improve if we move on from Shadowlands will be the aesthetics. I thought that the floating islands in space that are the Shadowlands zones were conceptually cool. Sadly Blizzard never really did anything unique with them with all of the zones being boring and derivative: Bastion being Greece, Ardenweald being more fairy/shadowmoon valley/night elf stuff, Maldraxxus being more scourge, Revendreth being vampires, the Maw and Korthia being generic grey hellscapes, and now Zereth Mortis just being another generic titan zone. But again, Blizzard is creatively bankrupt so returning to Azeroth doesn't guarantee we will get interesting fantasy zones again.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Still wont see this on live til Easter....
    Eh, before Q2 2022 I bet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    um no. that is not what he said at all. "Shadowlands is like the final chapter of ONE book of the Warcraft saga and our team is already hard at work on the next stories to come."

nowhere in that statement does he even come close to saying it's the final patch for wow or the end of the first arc for wow
    "A culmination of the story since Warcraft 3". That is everything WoW has been based on.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't care how many patches each expansion gets, I care about how long we have to wait between new content. That's what matters. And this feels like it's going to be a long one.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It honestly doesn't matter how long Shadowlands is. The gameplay, music, and storytelling will not improve if we move on from Shadowlands.

The only thing that might improve if we move on from Shadowlands will be the aesthetics. I thought that the floating islands in space that are the Shadowlands zones were conceptually cool. Sadly Blizzard never really did anything unique with them with all of the zones being boring and derivative: Bastion being Greece, Ardenweald being more fairy/shadowmoon valley/night elf stuff, Maldraxxus being more scourge, Revendreth being vampires, the Maw and Korthia being generic grey hellscapes, and now Zereth Mortis just being another generic titan zone. But again, Blizzard is creatively bankrupt so returning to Azeroth doesn't guarantee we will get interesting fantasy zones again.
    Nothing is wrong with the music. Neal Acree and many others have been here since the early 2000s. The music and art team get better each expansion

Worth noting, he says the Shadowlands story not the expansion when they talk about the "final act/final chapter" -- they never outright say the end of the expansion. Could it mean there is more? Maybe.

Could it mean its the end of the expansion? Also maybe.

I appreciate the efforts they've made, but I'm done with Shadowlands and I couldn't care less about this new place.

Looks nice, but I don't really care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't care how many patches each expansion gets, I care about how long we have to wait between new content. That's what matters. And this feels like it's going to be a long one.
    Depends on how far they are with this (9.2 encrypted appearing on the ptr last friday and then this this week probably points to 9.2 playable on ptr in the next couple of weeks) and how much of the team is being moved to 10.

I was telling people that 9.1.5 likely didn't have many people working on it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I hate this piggy-backing on Warcraft 3 that they keep doing. "Oh yeah, we've been working on this story for a long time!" Don't act as if any of you were even working at Blizzard back then. Seriously, the idea that any of this lore existed back then is laughable.
    that was so bad it was almost funny.

kinda sad Danuser wasn't fired because of harassment like his other coworkers.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-11-11 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Nothing is wrong with the music. Neal Acree and many others have been here since the early 2000s. The music and art team get better each expansion
    Yes Glenn Stafford and Neal occasionally put out a good track but overall I don't find the soundtracks to be anywhere near as overall fantastic as before Legion, particularly MoP and WoD. After Russell Brower left the quality of the soundtrack plummeted, where I no longer have most of an expansion soundtrack added to my playlist but only a handful of standouts. From Legion onward most of WoW's OST is forgettable.

8.2:
    - 2 new zones
    - 1 new raid
    - 1 new megadungeon
    - Essence system
    - Gnome and Tauren Heritage Armor
    - Stratholme Battle Pet dungeon
    - Mount Equipment Slots
    - More of the BfA storyline

Sounds like 8.2 was about twice the size of 9.2

Guys, stop with ignoring the writing on the wall and everything else in front of you. There isn't going to be a 9.2.5 or any other patch. The patch teaser note says "Face the Jailer and Save Azeroth.". 9.3 + is out of the question.

10.0 or 1.0 is the next content.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that was so bad it was almost fine.
    kinda sad Danuser wasn't fired because of harassment like his other coworkers.
    What harassment did Danuser get accused of?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes Glenn Stafford and Neal occasionally put out a good track but overall I don't find the soundtracks to be anywhere near as overall fantastic as before Legion, particularly MoP and WoD. After Russell Brower left the quality of the soundtrack plummeted, where I no longer have most of an expansion soundtrack added to my playlist but only a handful of standouts. From Legion onward most of WoW's OST is forgettable.
    Yeah, it was a shame that he left though it was intentional. He wasn't getting paid fairly I believe so he left early in Legion. The Night Warrior in BFA, Kul'tiras, and Zandalar themes were great.