Poll: Would you want another patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And by new, you mean the same dungeon we've had for a while now, split into 2 wings.
    Seeing as it'll be repeatable content unlike the current version that you do once then never zone into again, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Ion actually says they created some during the development of this patch.

Forsaken and Nelf will probably be tied to the death of Sylvanas.
    Didn't they already show a redeemed Sylvanas model standing next to Uther and Jaina?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

It's better than if they had tried to give it 3 major patches.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    'member Heritage Armor?
    Well, yeah? Also, remember them saying it'll take some time for all races?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Didn't they already show a redeemed Sylvanas model standing next to Uther and Jaina?
    I believe that was more a 'Prisoner Sylvanas' model, as she's still her but without equipment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Honestly yes, get this story over with. I cannot fathom how they can possibly outdo the stakes of future story development.

It's like, they heard the complaints that people wanted stories more toned down and back to local threats like pirates and kobolds and went the exact opposite direction to "you are now entering the realm ABOVE the afterlife, the beginning of all creation in the entire universe!"

Like what even is religion back on Azeroth now
    The stakes raising isn't that important, IMO with a little creative writing it isn't too hard to go to and fro and have both small plotting and galactic threads.

WoW used to do it, at least thematically. FF is actively doing it brilliantly. You have to construct it ahead of time, carefully and build it up in order to reap the payoff. They didn't do any of that with the BFA/SL story, they just made up shit on the fly.

To me though the sticking point just all of the fucking baggage SL brought with it, and like you said its all these concepts of reality. You can't undo that stuff, and theres layers and layers of problems now where they clearly just didn't even think before writing it down.

It's incredibly awkward and jarring and they're still fucking doing it into 9.2

The future of Warcraft writing is going to need to be some real "live in the moment" shit, because the lore is gone for anyone other than the most ardent of apologists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Ion actually says they created some during the development of this patch.

Forsaken and Nelf will probably be tied to the death of Sylvanas.
    Must've missed it. Haven't heard anything about it so far
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    https://www.millenium.org/news/383835.html

Ion confirms there won't be any more raid\zone patches. Just smaller things like .5s or minor stuff, maybe even an epilogue for the next story\expansion, but no raid tier.
    no raid tier, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be a small raid like Ruby Sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, yeah? Also, remember them saying it'll take some time for all races?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that was more a 'Prisoner Sylvanas' model, as she's still her but without equipment.
    My point still stands. Her chances of dying are very slim.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    If it’s a final patch as they say. So, can I finally kill the Jailer?! This constellar there, is he gonna die?

10+ Year Old Account
    My point still stands. Her chances of dying are very slim.
    Sadly so.. My hope was still for redemption by suicide. Her spot in the light is over.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

She can die during the patch. Heritage armor would come after the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    If it’s a final patch as they say. So, can I finally kill the Jailer?! This constellar there, is he gonna die?
    The Constellar is most likely to die, as he is under the control of the jailer, and not like Alagon.

So practically another WoD. But tbh the question is, isnt it better to just have 2 major patches instead of 3 to provide better quality?

5+ Year Old Account
    The Constellar is most likely to die, as he is under the control of the jailer, and not like Alagon.
    So I was right. The Constellars are the First Ones, I’m so glad that Algalon is at least safe.
    Poor shiny. Anduin is also under the Jailer’s control so is he gonna be free then maybe could save him too?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was right. The Constellars are the First Ones, I’m so glad that Algalon is at least safe.
    Poor shiny. Anduin is also under the Jailer’s control so is he gonna be free then maybe could save him too?
    Considering how they said it in the video, Anduin is most likely going to be giving us a 'trial' in the 9.2 raid, as he apparently is to 'teach us' (we have to 'learn' from his fight) about the Domination magic. As well, I do not believe the Constellars are the First Ones but more another species out there working for the higher-ups, as Algalon did (Take note, I spelt his name wrong in the previous post).

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Cool. The sooner they put Shadowlands to bed and get something better out the better.
    I’d much prefer they focused on building more instanced content within expansions (raids, I also think dungeon tiers would be nice) than building expansions. New expansion is just a gear/system reset and 15 hours of leveling, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    The stakes raising isn't that important, IMO with a little creative writing it isn't too hard to go to and fro and have both small plotting and galactic threads.

WoW used to do it, at least thematically. FF is actively doing it brilliantly. You have to construct it ahead of time, carefully and build it up in order to reap the payoff. They didn't do any of that with the BFA/SL story, they just made up shit on the fly.

To me though the sticking point just all of the fucking baggage SL brought with it, and like you said its all these concepts of reality. You can't undo that stuff, and theres layers and layers of problems now where they clearly just didn't even think before writing it down.

The future of Warcraft writing is going to need to be some real "live in the moment" shit, because the lore is gone for anyone other than the most ardent of apologists.
    It's the feeling that they essentially went right to the very creation of the universe as a little piece of patch content , like it isn't even a big deal our characters are now running around collecting loot in the afterlife's afterlife. Like they saw that Pixar movie Soul and created a zone out of it. Itd be the penultimate ending for the game for sure, but we know this isn't the final expansion. Just feels a bit strange a concept to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post

The big issue they have is they’re so focused on teasing the next content that they don’t ever do a good job finishing the current stuff. B of A was 80% “what is Sylvanas gonna do next?????!!!” and 20% “oh by the way we should probably kill N’Zoth”.

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering how they said it in the video, Anduin is most likely going to be giving us a 'trial' in the 9.2 raid, as he apparently is to 'teach us' (we have to 'learn' from his fight) about the Domination magic. As well, I do not believe the Constellars are the First Ones but more another species out there working for the higher-ups, as Algalon did (Take note, I spelt his name wrong in the previous post).
    Could be but highly unlikely. This place looks like a forge of creation. Those big bangs, collapsing stars and black holes. I still have them in front of my eyes. It’s good that the Jailer wont be able to reach Azeroth and this upsetting plot will finally end!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be but highly unlikely. This place looks like a forge of creation. Those big bangs, collapsing stars and black holes. I still have them in front of my eyes. It’s good that the Jailer wont be able to reach Azeroth and this upsetting plot will finally end!
    Well, they did reveal that it is a forge to create other worlds for the Shadowlands.