Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

The new class sets.

Last edited by Toppy; 2021-11-11 at 06:51 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Said this in another thread, but while I like the Zereth Mortis aesthetic, I'm not too big a fan of how... similar... the sets all look. Maybe my opinion will change once I see the actual sets compared to one another, and not just the concept art like this. But as of now, don't love it, don't hate it.

Well, what's the point of bringing class set back if it's to give them the same color and theme ? Have they simply understood what made the class set cool ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Concept art looking really good.

Hopefully it looks good ingame as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I really like the DK and Rogue sets myself, though I do agree they've got a same-looking aesthetic and don't really stand out that much in terms of silhouettes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Well, what's the point of bringing class set back if it's to give them the same color and theme ? Have they simply understood what made the class set cool ?
    You think you want class themed sets, but you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Said this in another thread, but while I like the Zereth Mortis aesthetic, I'm not too big a fan of how... similar... the sets all look. Maybe my opinion will change once I see the actual sets compared to one another, and not just the concept art like this. But as of now, don't love it, don't hate it.
    On the contrary, I actually really like this when every set fits the theme of the patch/expansion, while also having some unique elements that fit the class. I think the last time they did this was in Siege of Orgrimmar and I loved pretty much every set from that patch.

I dunno what some people here are complaining about here, like what do you guys want? Have every tier set look totally out of place or just fully ressemble the class and nothing else (like we had in antorus)? Sounds lame, especially after they've done it so many times

I dont think that blizzard understood what the community meant with "class sets", these sets seem to me like a combination of the leveling gear and the argus light set.

"how do we do the druid set"?
    "just put antlers on it and boom druid set"

7+ Year Old Account
    They look like they have been copy and pasted with slight tweaks here and there. The set bonuses better be good then because the gear itself is pretty bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    I just loved how they said they missed the class sets and were so happy to return to them. But, i distinctly remember them being the ones that were tired of them. /shrugs

I like them. You can even mix and match them to create your own transmog, especially now with the different shoulder transmog option.

Hopefully these are the Normal tint and then we get like a Mythic version that have more class-themed colors, because as much as I love the idea, I'd kinda miss having more colorful sets, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Really like the look of the Rogue and Paladin set!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The models look cool, and even if the colors just feel bland, that's the concept, and i'm pretty hopeful we'll get different recolors as usual, according to difficulty (LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic), which might make them look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    I like them. You can even mix and match them to create your own transmog, especially now with the different shoulder transmog option.

Hopefully these are the Normal tint and then we get like a Mythic version that have more class-themed colors, because as much as I love the idea, I'd kinda miss having more colorful sets, as well.
    You might think that but watch the video. Above is the mythic set and color. Which frankly, has colors that arent used by many other gears. The lower tier sets have s imilar problem.

The art team refuses to follow a set color pallete so its going to be hard to mix and match this stuff with much else but other shadowlands leveling gear since thats the colorations they seem to be following.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look god awful. Im warlock. Why do I need to cloth in white and gold? I look like a fucking priest. Point of class sets was to distinguish them via colors, not only by shapes and amounts of texture. Such a let down.

Well, there's always next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    They look god awful. Im warlock. Why do I need to cloth in white and gold? I look like a fucking priest. Point of class sets was to distinguish them via colors, not only by shapes and amounts of texture. Such a let down.

Well, there's always next expansion.
    ...it's totally unlike Blizzard to create recolors of Tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You might think that but watch the video. Above is the mythic set and color. Which frankly, has colors that arent used by many other gears. The lower tier sets have s imilar problem.

The art team refuses to follow a set color pallete so its going to be hard to mix and match this stuff with much else but other shadowlands leveling gear since thats the colorations they seem to be following.
    oh crap, you're totally right, I completely blocked that part! The recolors shown there kinda remind of the Uldir sets that I kinda liked but were a bitch to use as part of a custom transmog.

I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for a Renown 199 class-themed tint, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    On the contrary, I actually really like this when every set fits the theme of the patch/expansion, while also having some unique elements that fit the class. I think the last time they did this was in Siege of Orgrimmar and I loved pretty much every set from that patch.

I dunno what some people here are complaining about here, like what do you guys want? Have every tier set look totally out of place or just fully ressemble the class and nothing else (like we had in antorus)? Sounds lame, especially after they've done it so many times
    Oh no, that's cool. That's what the sets should do, I think, have a decent balance of representing the patch that it came from and the class that's wearing it. All I'm saying is that I personally think the sets lean a little bit too into the former for my taste. My main is a warlock, and while it's easy enough to tell which one is supposed to be a warlock, it just... doesn't really pop out at me and say "Damn. THAT'S a warlock set." At least not yet. And I feel like it's very possible for them to do that while still making it very clearly come from Zereth Mortis.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rouge is the only set I can say I really like unless the white parts chance with the recolours.

Though I’ll likely mix and match some paladin pieces into other transmog sets.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.