Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Activision Blizzard is a billion dollar corporation. If they wanted to expand their team to put out more regular content, they absolutely could, and the market is full of people wanting to do just that. I'm not sure who's hill you're dying on there.
    You're right -- perhaps Blizzard should buy a couple of game developer boosts from sweetgamedevs.org. They could save all the hassle of having to train and acclimate people to the process.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You're right -- perhaps Blizzard should buy a couple of game developer boosts from sweetgamedevs.org. They could save all the hassle of having to train and acclimate people to the process.
    It's called human resources. They do that sort of thing at Activision Blizzard, too.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    We should be getting 10.0 expansion news fairly soon then also, with them cutting Shadowlands short at 9.2 and it hitting the PTR in a few weeks. What we don't want is for 9.2 to be another SOO patch, where "it's a big raid" but that's the content for a year and a half.
    well they said they had planned the story arc to have 3 chapters, so they're not really cutting it short. whether or not you believe them, that is another story

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    It's called human resources. They do that sort of thing at Activision Blizzard, too.
    There isn't enough HR in the world if the people that Blizzard would need to achieve their goal simply don't exist. Being a billion dollar corporation doesn't mysteriously give them the ability to instantly find qualified game developer candidates. And let's be real here, with the bullshit going on with the lawsuit I can't imagine people are chomping at the bit to work at the company right now.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There isn't enough HR in the world if the people that Blizzard would need to achieve their goal simply don't exist. Being a billion dollar corporation doesn't mysteriously give them the ability to instantly find qualified game developer candidates. And let's be real here, with the bullshit going on with the lawsuit I can't imagine people are chomping at the bit to work at the company right now.
    The idea that there aren't enough game developers out there to fill an expansion of Blizzard's WoW capacity is absurd. I have well a over a dozen friends who work in the gaming industry, most for much smaller companies, and while most of them are pretty happy where they are, the realistic ability to work on a product like World of Warcraft would get most of them jumping in a heartbeat (especially if Blizz cleans up its act with its employees.) And there are new game designers coming out of schools every year.

    No, the fact that Blizzard HASN'T expanded its development team to fill this purported desire to expand content comes down to one thing and one only: money. Not talent, money. The corporation doesn't want to SPEND more money than they have to, so they push the people already working as hard as they can. The end result is exactly what we are seeing now: exactly one actual content update in the 12 months following Shadowlands launch, and if it's true that 9.2 is the last full patch of this expansion, only two content updates in two years.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    "The team wants to move to a world where players have new content to consume more frequently."

    again and again and again i see the same line and nothing changes.
    I agree and at this point I think on some level they know they are feeding players 100% pure hopium when they say that. It's been one of their most common mantras going back to MoP and every single exp since then.

  7. #27
    " Tyrande and Sylvanas are on a collision course and there will be heavy interaction between those characters, and that is pivotal to the final conclusion of Shadowlands "

    I've sure I've seen this kinda crap before with Lorth'remar and Jaina, Isle of Thunder and then a panda comes along spewing life lessons and everyone is friends. I fully expect this to end the same way, they'll butt heads call each other names and then suddenly be friends or something equally stupid, I wonder who the Panda will be this time, Uther?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    So since you need to take a FP to the boss, there will be no flying in that zone. It'll be big meaning it'll have mountains all over the placed and crammed with an ungodly amount of NPCs to waste your time. Literally just copy paste development.
    There's literally a clip of a "spider mount" flying in the zone during the preview. Seems like there will be flying.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's literally a clip of a "spider mount" flying in the zone during the preview. Seems like there will be flying.
    Ok have fun unlocking it a year after release. I guess technically that means you're right.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    The idea that there aren't enough game developers out there to fill an expansion of Blizzard's WoW capacity is absurd. I have well a over a dozen friends who work in the gaming industry, most for much smaller companies, and while most of them are pretty happy where they are, the realistic ability to work on a product like World of Warcraft would get most of them jumping in a heartbeat (especially if Blizz cleans up its act with its employees.) And there are new game designers coming out of schools every year.

    No, the fact that Blizzard HASN'T expanded its development team to fill this purported desire to expand content comes down to one thing and one only: money. Not talent, money. The corporation doesn't want to SPEND more money than they have to, so they push the people already working as hard as they can. The end result is exactly what we are seeing now: exactly one actual content update in the 12 months following Shadowlands launch, and if it's true that 9.2 is the last full patch of this expansion, only two content updates in two years.
    Oh, sorry I guess I didn't realize you have "friends in the industry" and that somehow makes your random internet opinion about the hiring practices of a billion dollar company more relevant. Neither of us have any idea what's going on with the company internally; I'd just prefer not to stoke the common cynicism that Blizzard hates its customers and that's the only reason it doesn't make more content.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,970
    i dont want sylvanas to be killed forever shes my favorite.

  12. #32
    I guess blizzard has run out of ideas. It's just clash between hero characters or we clashing against them. Fun fun fun... Not...Please steer this fucking ship in a direction that's at least somewhat interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i dont want sylvanas to be killed forever shes my favorite.
    Let them both die at this point tbh. Sylvanas was interesting ruined by shitty writing and direction. Jaina was interesting ruined by shitty writing and direction. Just kill them both off

  13. #33
    Tyrande and Sylvanas will clash, Sylvanas will plead Tyrande for understanding... Anduin will then unite them both and a beam of love kills The Jailor.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Activision Blizzard is a billion dollar corporation. If they wanted to expand their team to put out more regular content, they absolutely could, and the market is full of people wanting to do just that. I'm not sure who's hill you're dying on there.
    I feel like this is more of a developer leads / producers issue - not a necessary amount of workers one. They've had hundreds of people working on the game itself (Not PR) and released very little content in the past (Remember WoD)? So it sounds more like that they have an issue of implementing content itself, being happy with it - and somehow engaging the players to keep going; without pushing them away inevitable with a misstep in design.

  15. #35
    Seriously looking at these developers...
    I am pretty certain they THINK the game is liked because ABC, so they make this shitty "systems", outdoor zones and grinds with lots of meaningless cosmetics.

    There are no "hard-to-achieve" AND "cool looking" sets/weapons/mounts anymore, just RNG outdoor drops for recolors.

    Meanwhile most neckbeards want new bosses, new dungeons, new abilities to play with, interesting items and fair play.
    And we get more single player content. Jeezzzz.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    "The team wants to move to a world where players have new content to consume more frequently."

    again and again and again i see the same line and nothing changes.
    Things do change, they got significantly, significantly worse this expansion for example . Daily reminder that in legion they had already released 3 major content patches by this point

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Oh, sorry I guess I didn't realize you have "friends in the industry" and that somehow makes your random internet opinion about the hiring practices of a billion dollar company more relevant. Neither of us have any idea what's going on with the company internally; I'd just prefer not to stoke the common cynicism that Blizzard hates its customers and that's the only reason it doesn't make more content.
    My real-world experiences are perfectly valid in being relevant to shaping my opinion about this game. You're a very confusing poster, because you alternate between positions and temperament on a regular basis like someone's shot your dog. I really have no idea what hill you're dying on here.

    I don't fault its developers; I fault the company itself. It used to put out plenty of regular content; it doesn't do that any more. It used to also be an independent company; now it's an Activision subsidiary. There is no reason not to connect the dots. (And whether you believe me or not makes no difference to me; I have a lot of friends in this industry, and *everyone* who works in the industry knows what's going on at Blizzard internally. It's certainly not hard to decipher. These are good people continually being pushed to make more with less, and it shows.)

  18. #38
    They need to allow heritage armor to be gained on allied races when using a character boost. No reason to keep it restricted at this point as it only lowers the pool of what you can use a boost on.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,970
    why does everyone hate jaina so much shes such a sexy waifu and shes my type of woman too.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

    Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    My real-world experiences are perfectly valid in being relevant to shaping my opinion about this game. You're a very confusing poster, because you alternate between positions and temperament on a regular basis like someone's shot your dog. I really have no idea what hill you're dying on here.

    I don't fault its developers; I fault the company itself. It used to put out plenty of regular content; it doesn't do that any more. It used to also be an independent company; now it's an Activision subsidiary. There is no reason not to connect the dots. (And whether you believe me or not makes no difference to me; I have a lot of friends in this industry, and *everyone* who works in the industry knows what's going on at Blizzard internally. It's certainly not hard to decipher. These are good people continually being pushed to make more with less, and it shows.)
    Buddy I'm not dying on any hill here. I'm pointing out that you have no better idea what's going on with Blizzard and their lack of content development than any other random internet stranger on this forum. You're connecting dots that you have no business connecting and now
    you're doubling down on your baseless appeal to authority as if what you're saying is obvious to anybody in the industry.

    Cute.

    My point remains: It isn't always money that prevents companies from achieving their goals. And it isn't always greed that prevents companies from spending money. You're free to keep living in a world where Blizzard is going out of its way to dissatisfy the people who play their games because Bobby Kotick needs a third helipad on his second yacht; but I'd prefer to believe that the actual reasons are far more human than they are transactional.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-11-11 at 10:31 PM.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •