Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Has this ever actually been substantiated in any way? Like has any other company actually put out what they pay like we had the blizzard spread sheet a while back?
    Yes, yes it has. With actual spreadsheets and pay between employees. It was a huge deal a while back.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yes, yes it has. With actual spreadsheets and pay between employees. It was a huge deal a while back.
    What other company’s put out pay spread sheets other then blizzard?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    No, because I don't have to justify having an opinion based upon personal real-world interactions to you or the other guy. I just know how things are in the gaming industry in general because of friends here in town who do development in MMO and FPS gaming as well as mobile gaming (we live in L.A.) But you don't have to believe me... pretty much everyone in the industry talks about the more-for-less approach of Activision these days, so feel free to check for yourself. Believe me, don't believe me, entirely your call.

And by the way, maybe y'all should be asking the actual important questions, which is... why can't Blizzard put out regular WoW content like other games? That's the $64 million question.
    "(we live in L.A.)" " y'all " Okay Country Bob, Look we all know your 11 years old. L.A? Not what your IP says xDDDD.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Ah yes, the ole "Warlords of Draenor" trick. Stop a patch early so you can focus on making a somewhat good expansion with your 1+ year of extra development time. And people who play this game will be fine with that kind of attitude towards their players. If you're not unsubbed, you should be now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Tyrande and Sylvanas will clash, Sylvanas will plead Tyrande for understanding... Anduin will then unite them both and a beam of love kills The Jailor.
    Okay, but can it be a The Fifth Element reference? While I love that movie, it wouldn't be a proper WoW expansion without a shoe-horned and butchered movie reference.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    to be fair, they did deliver in Legion.
    By introducing the most boring, but somehow kinda rewarding content called "world quests"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Okay, but can it be a The Fifth Element reference? While I love that movie, it wouldn't be a proper WoW expansion without a shoe-horned and butchered movie reference.
    jeesus, never thought of that tbh. Then again the ending of Fifth Element is probably the worst part of the movie so I tend to not think about it.
    But that's exactly what it is...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What? Why would it play out in any possible way different to "on land" when very clearly it's a texture change (in simple terms). But even then.....what? Seriously what does the look of the ground have to do with pvp?

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that, they ALWAYS planned for these story lines, since as far back as warcraft rts. They said it, so it's obviously true.
    Being able to walk above and swim under water during battle? Cant do that on land.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    All currencies were obtainable by actually playing the game. Whether through rare hunting, daily quests, gathering...etc.
    That is the primary definition of an MMO, grinding and exploring basically.

People that are fed up on that type of activity urgently need to find another game.
    I don't think the primary drive of an MMORPG has to be exactly that (Grinding), and many have shown that. It's the design of how often and how you get it that makes people dislike new currencies. But in general, it's not difficult to do so. Just annoying at worst, to me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    By introducing the most boring, but somehow kinda rewarding content called "world quests"?
    For as much as I disliked the time gating of class halls and legiondaries (And artifact weapons), they did manage to get you out in the world towards areas that did reward you for what you wanted. Granted, I think World Quests are a great idea but not that well executed - but don't forget, Legion didn't start this. WoD did, but it was one and done type things. I think people forget that.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2021-11-12 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    holy shit. its WoD all over again.

and to think ppl expected 9.3
    If it was WoD all over again, they would have had 9.1.5 be instagram/tiktok integration or something and then said the expansion is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Please... please don't add ruby rhod in wow anytime. It's just.. Lol.... No.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiers sets are so garbage.. Why do we even need them back? What the fuck?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Please... please don't add ruby rhod in wow anytime. It's just.. Lol.... No.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiers sets are so garbage.. Why do we even need them back? What the fuck?
    "*talking to Anduin* We'll find out everything there is to know about the A man: his dreams, his desires, his most intimates of intimates, and from what I'm looking at, 'intimate' is the stud muffin's middle name. So tell me my man, are you nervous in the service?"

"the ending of a series of story lines starting from Warcraft 3"

Is this another early april fools day? If this is supposed to be a joke well it's unfunny and the developers are truly out of touch.

Lets hope activision swallows blizzard whole.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Activision Blizzard is a billion dollar corporation. If they wanted to expand their team to put out more regular content, they absolutely could, and the market is full of people wanting to do just that. I'm not sure who's hill you're dying on there.
    Except it was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hilarious that people here at mmo-c are so jaded that they can not read correctly. Not once did they say anything was gated. They said you need to unlock things for yourself not things are gated. Most likely you will just need to decypher the language (something that will be done in the initial questing in the zone)

Quote Originally Posted by gs69420 View Post
    "the ending of a series of story lines starting from Warcraft 3"

Is this another early april fools day? If this is supposed to be a joke well it's unfunny and the developers are truly out of touch.
    I'm pretty sure its them trying to ape the latest expansion trailers for FFXIV. Since its selling itself as finishing up plots that were started at launch. The difference is that FFXIV is actually doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I'm usually the first to shit on Blizzard and their copy paste timegated "dev" cycle, but the idea that there's a passage of time in the raid where something extremely serious happens for us to have to take a break mid raid is a very interesting gameplay choice.

Of course, it could be as simple as them thinking like the death of a character or some "mind-altering revelation" needs to have time, but I seriously hope that after we kill/save anduin there's an actual time period skip because of the events such as us not being able to follow the jailor or that we need to prepare for something or that it just takes place a few years later after the events of anduin.

Probably the only thing that's seems interesting in this entire patch.
    and I know it may have the fights be buggy, but I’m hoping if there is a cool story element to it that the last 3 fights are not on the PTR at all or it kind of ruins it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    holy shit. its WoD all over again.

and to think ppl expected 9.3
    Yeah, only 31 raid bosses is disappointing.

Barely above WoDs 30 and Catas 29.

I’m kind of hoping they pull a Wrath and just copy/paste something to hold us over and pump the numbers.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-11-12 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I'm pretty sure its them trying to ape the latest expansion trailers for FFXIV. Since its selling itself as finishing up plots that were started at launch. The difference is that FFXIV is actually doing that.
    I kinda wish they didn't butcher lore to tie it into the scourge.

Kel'thuzard was a more interesting character when he was about the dangers and price one pays for power rather then a mustache twirling villain claiming to of been serving a super duper secret boss all along for...reasons?

Why was kel'thuzard loyal to the jailer anyways? I know plot wise he just was but is there any kind of stated reason?

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Ah yes, the ole "Warlords of Draenor" trick. Stop a patch early so you can focus on making a somewhat good expansion with your 1+ year of extra development time. And people who play this game will be fine with that kind of attitude towards their players. If you're not unsubbed, you should be now.
    You must be real bored, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What other company’s put out pay spread sheets other then blizzard?
    No idea? Doesn't matter. Blizzard underpays and always has been and it was big deal about it a while back with several leaks and interviews and stuff. I'm sure you can google it if you're that interested?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    No idea? Doesn't matter. Blizzard underpays and always has been and it was big deal about it a while back with several leaks and interviews and stuff. I'm sure you can google it if you're that interested?
    If you have no idea what other company’s pay you can’t know that blizzard is underpaying…….

And ya there was a lot of info put out about blizzard but all of that was around people wanting bigger raises after performance exams and the disparity between higher position pay and those lower down the totem pole.

So nothing to do with being underpaid compared to other company’s.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.