Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What's your impression of 9.2: Eternity's End?

Title. Just wanted to get an overall picture of how (ex-)players are feeling about the final patch of Shadowlands.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Overall good.

- Art team did an amazing job with it; lots of variety in the zone; getting away from the maw design of greys and blues.

- Tier sets look awesome; really enjoy that its based on what looks like to be broker themes. The weapons are awesome looking, can't wait to get them.

- Moving away from Renown and into a new system is good; I didn't want to grind 40 renown levels 4 times on one character.

- The RNG bad luck protection; tier sets being farmable in all major forms of content, PvP/Raid/M+ is a great change and being able to craft it, just in case you've been extremely unlucky is awesome as well.

- The raid being split into 8 and 3 to tell more of the story is interesting, from what I understand that's what people have been asking for that FF14 does really well; so I'm curious how it will play out here in WoW.

- Being able to wear 2 legendaries, 1 from your Cov and the other of your choice is going to change how classes play. Really looking forward to it.

- The new chicken pet model looks awesome, can't wait to capture one; the art team did a great job with the creatures and the alien feel of the zone.

Concerns
    - I hope they expand Torghast and just dump a lot of cosmetics into it; add some more layers for challenge and an endless mode to Twisting Corridors. I love Torghast, run it on multiple alts a week, so will be disappointed if they abandon it in the last patch of the expansion.

I'm relatively optimistic about it. It looks visually great, far better than Korthia. Large, flying included, and interesting aesthetic.

Only real concern is with the story and Sylvanas' role in it.

Overall I think it sounds good, there is a possibility that they will make a mess of it, but my first impression is that I think it sounds cool.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Somewhere inbetween 'meh' and 'good'. There's not enough details about the actual features and content of the patch to convince me to come back. The place that we would be going to seems pretty neat, but there needs to be more than just a cool locale.

My impression is "meh".

Shadowlands story doesn't interest me - to me this expansion is just a side adventure that I'll be happy to forget once it's over. The new zone and creatures look cool, though I'm not sold on tier sets, because I think they're a bit too same-y. As for the content... Well, the devil's in the details. Nothing they've announced so far seems particularly good or bad, it's all just about what you'd expect from your standard WoW patch.

I'm not saying that it's bad, I'll check it out on the PTR and judge it then. It's just that... I hoped they'd have at least one feature in 9.2 that'd make me go "oh, that's really cool" or "hey, that's quite unique" and get me excited, but none of the features they've talked about did.

If I were to summarize my thoughts - "it's just your standard WoW patch, meh".

10+ Year Old Account
    Upholding tradition.

It's just another world quest zone with a raid & some chores. Art was overall fine, tier sets disappointing, & the story just better off ignored.

Overall feeling? Meh. I'm hoping the gameplay redeems it - Double leggos & tier bonuses are a great start on that.

It looks ..fine? New zone, new rep to grind, new dailies, no big surprises there.

If we end up killing Anduin instead of freeing him, I will be very upset. He deserves better.

Not enough information to go off of, to have a real impression of it.

It's all well and good to describe new things coming, but there's little in the way of substance pertaining to how things are actually going to work.

Double legendary. Cool, how's it gonna work? Particularly in regards to PvP. They said 1 covenant + 1 other but nothing else.
    Tier sets. Cool, to what degree are they gonna go? Hopefully not hackjob remakes of dom socket 'sets' and bringing back actual class/spec identity on the sets.

So far it's looking okay, I guess. But there's been a long history of patches (and expansions) looking great in previews and shit, then not even remotely living up to the hype. I'll wait until PTR hits before giving an actual opinion of it. I'd hope others did, too.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Meh. It looks absolutely average in all senses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I think it looks like crap. More mandatory chores in a cramped zone. Nothing special nothing new, not even different, just a new paint job on the same model.

Patch for people who already like SL and completed/will complete 9.0/9.1 content by March. Big zone, evolution of max level system, raid and season. But no new dungeon, no new solo challenge, no new gameplay mode.

Could be even great, imo key thing is this language system. I would love this patch if it's account-wide, I don't count for this, but I hope it won't be invasive. As for gearing and cosmetics, I will be glad if it will be similar to 9.1 Korthia+Maw. I like design here, only stuff I hate are bland aesthetics and no-flying - both won't be case in Zereth Mortis.

But reveal video was horrible, it was like History channel people explaining that aliens build pyramids. And it's not like they didn't have more info, lot of good stuff was in interviews.

Zone looks good, although a bit too conservative. I wish they went a bit more wacky wild with their ideas of the afterlife.

tier sets aesthetics are disappointing. Yeah they look cool but they all look the same and way too similar to other shadowlands designs.

Being able to create your own set with the gear you have sounds good. Then again it depends on how they implement it. If you need to spend a weekly capped resource to make them, then you’ll feel awful if you have to make subpar items into your set items, just because the good stuff didn’t drop yet. And then when the good stuff finally drops, imagine if you cannot wear it because you are out of resource.
    Sounds good so far but it can be easily turned to shit with a bad implementation.

The new grind system: “Ah shit, here we go again”
    I don’t really care that much about grind systems being in my MMO, as long as I can do them on my own terms. But knowing blizzard that won’t be the case. I’ll have to drag my feet through that content every day for a few months and hope those breadcrumbs I get will finally add together into a loaf of bread eventually…

This expansion has been a catastrophe and I’m glad it’s the final patch already. Get it over with and start anew with hopefully good ideas next time

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Patch for people who already like SL and completed/will complete 9.0/9.1 content by March. Big zone, evolution of max level system, raid and season. But no new dungeon, no new solo challenge, no new gameplay mode.

Could be even great, imo key thing is this language system. I would love this patch if it's account-wide, I don't count for this, but I hope it won't be invasive. As for gearing and cosmetics, I will be glad if it will be similar to 9.1 Korthia+Maw. I like design here, only stuff I hate are bland aesthetics and no-flying - both won't be case in Zereth Mortis.

But reveal video was horrible, it was like History channel people explaining that aliens build pyramids. And it's not like they didn't have more info, lot of good stuff was in interviews.
    I agree about the reveal video; I liked it, but I felt they could have cut about 5 minutes from the history of the zone and put those minutes to use on the new cypher, tier, alt catchups, legendary change, etc. Instead we get those from interviews that make them sound vague.

Firmly "meh". It causes no regret that I didn't play the expansion, or that I am not playing the expansion. So, if you like it, knock yourselves out, but I'll do other things.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Whelmed. It’s a pretty standard patch. Zone is meh, the class sets are awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

It's more of the same and that isnt ideal... I will change my tune if the grind doesn't effect the raids but they are keeping the conduit grind for alts even if they are not expanding it.

I just really, really don't want to do dailies for a month or more.

It feels very safe. Your typical "new argus style zone + raid" patch. There's no interesting draw like a mage tower 2.0 or visions, the zone will likely be a disappointment as all their patch zones are (they haven't really made them any more interesting than Argus), and the tier sets are pretty meh.

I'll be glad to be done with this expac, as I think many will be. Just doesn't feel like wow and the story is nonsensical at best. Hoping the patch only appears to be barebones because they've got the manpower primarily on 10.0, which needs to really kick this game in the teeth.

Same as always, irrelevant 2 hour content, new raid is all that matters, 11 bosses sounds fun, but also annoying, means slower than usual progression since we dont raid as much so it takes a bit longer for the weaker players to get comfortable with the fights to clear most bosses in a timely manner, rather than wiping even at our 3rd kill.