Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    not enough info but so far it seems really devoid of creativity and imagination.

feels like it was made by the B team while the A team is working on the next expansion, or something.
    A team working on 10.0 better since Legion then, because BfA and Shadowlands are pretty much equally bad. If the A team really had 3-4 years to work on 10.0 though... it could be the best expansion yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

i think blizzard should focus on building high quality specs to play in the game this way we feel like playing the game because the spec is very polished and the class fantasy actually fits the experience. rather than social engineering us to not wanna play the game.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A team working on 10.0 better since Legion then, because BfA and Shadowlands are pretty much equally bad. If the A team really had 3-4 years to work on 10.0 though... it could be the best expansion yet.
    It's probably more likely that half the WoW team is working on OW2/D4 right now, to finally get those out of the drink.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I think it's going to be awesome. I'll no doubt enjoy it because my opinion is that the game has improved with each expansion. It's the same thing every patch or content drop. The vast amount of effort, Details & QoL go completely ignored then haters just pick apart a few things like story, etc and play pretend like they are a new-york best seller. Some of the reactions to it have been laughable tho. Makes me wonder why people are not doing better things if they don't enjoy the game.
    The OP literally said "(ex-)players", hence people who either play or played the game. Also please elaborate on what effort, details and QoL went ignored. And the fact people dislike the story in an MMORPG? Well fuck me sideways, how dare they!

I honestly do not care about the lore. How the classes play and the game systems interact is what interests me the most. And, we've heard pretty much nothing in regard to the latest treadmill, merry go round, time synch mechanism... Otherwise, the art team carries the rest of the crew yet again with the new zone and overall theme. It's a very vanilla patch, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Time will tell.

5+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the whole A team B team stuff just a myth? Fairly certain it's one development team which allocates resources accoridingly depending on whatever project needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The game was vastly more fun and successful when the players could just log on and raid log. Not worry about stupid boring daily chores and garbage.
    Just to be clear, I also have a very huge problem with daily cores.
    They just should not be daily.

I WANT stuff to do outside of raiding, the time when raid logging was the only thing to do always was the worst time of the game (except when we had to do horrific visions). But I also want to play them at my own pace. If I have time on the weekend and want to play for 7 hours straight, why is that a problem but 1h/day is fine for them?
    They can still keep their weekly caps or whatever, like they have with Conquest Points. Just don't force me to log in daily but whenever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    Isn't the whole A team B team stuff just a myth? Fairly certain it's one development team which allocates resources accoridingly depending on whatever project needs it.
    It was proven to be fake when SL turned out to be a shitshow thats nearly as bad as BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to be clear, I also have a very huge problem with daily cores.
    They just should not be daily.

I WANT stuff to do outside of raiding, the time when raid logging was the only thing to do always was the worst time of the game (except when we had to do horrific visions). But I also want to play them at my own pace. If I have time on the weekend and want to play for 7 hours straight, why is that a problem but 1h/day is fine for them?
    They can still keep their weekly caps or whatever, like they have with Conquest Points. Just don't force me to log in daily but whenever I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It was proven to be fake when SL turned out to be a shitshow thats nearly as bad as BfA.
    I’m fine with having other things to work on, it shouldn’t be tied in any way to player power IMO. Player power is dungeons/raid/PvP like at the games peak.

Id argue that the broker artwork is the WORST in wow history. Those bow-legged animations look hideous. And theyve added brokers to this zone so it immediately gets a 3/10 for art.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm not sold on 9.2 yet. Yes the art is looking great but i don't see anything special. Its the usual zone but with floating balls and some stone versions of things we have seen before. I get that its kinda the point but its still meh. Oh and everyone is a dk now.
    The glyph/language thing seems like the usual feature which makes me want to play 9.2 after two months because it will be heavily timegated.
    Looking forward to the lore though. But i am more curious how the big revelation about the wow cosmos will mess up everything and not in a "i really want to see how the story of shadowlands ends" kind of way.

They should scrap the zone/grind and just drop the raid and a new dungeon.

The player base wants to raid log, it’s what we could all do during this games peak. Like TBC classic right now.

We don’t want to be chained to logging on daily.
    The playerbase doesnt actually want to raid log. Its just tired of getting basically the same "new island with dailies" every single patch.

Blizzard needs to understand that grinding shit on an island for rep just isnt fun gameplay. Take some notes from stuff like Suramar. Minigames like the Suramar mini dungeon like thing or the one from pandaria with the treasure hunts.

More mage tower - less right click grinding.

I’m fine with having other things to work on, it shouldn’t be tied in any way to player power IMO. Player power is dungeons/raid/PvP like at the games peak.

If its not connected to player power its not worth doing. Getting more power outside of raids/Dungeons/PVP is GOOD. AP was a great system in its original form that only needed some tuning (e.g. the massive difference that level 35 made (it was 35, right?)). The whole idea of getting rewarded for any kind of content you do is something great that should return as soon as possible.

If you look at Shadowlands you see that there is a lot to do outside of Raids and Dungeons, its just that its generally not considered worthwhile doing.

New raids are always good. Nothing good to say about it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If its not connected to player power its not worth doing. Getting more power outside of raids/Dungeons/PVP is GOOD. AP was a great system in its original form that only needed some tuning (e.g. the massive difference that level 35 made (it was 35, right?)). The whole idea of getting rewarded for any kind of content you do is something great that should return as soon as possible.

If you look at Shadowlands you see that there is a lot to do outside of Raids and Dungeons, its just that its generally not considered worthwhile doing.
    If content isn't worth doing beyond power it just isn't worth doing. People play wow in such a different way to almost any other game with a different mindset...

That said so far it looks like the important parts of the daily grind will be bind on account. I wish they offered a skip for conduits but overall it could be worse.

I think this would be a really good patch, in WOTLK/Cata.

In 2021, its just meh, will judge better when it launches, i dont really see 5 months of work in the trailer

Meh

Zone looks boring, like most zones.

Tiersets look awful, like blue quest items from thix xpac

SL just 2 patches are a big downer, because SL was the first addon that hyped me since cata and i liked the covenant system overall.

SL could have been great, now its pretty meh.

The good: the zone looks beautiful and the language deciphering seems to be good content for casuals.

The bad: it's more of the same from previous patches, without any significant adjustment from player feedback.

From my point of view, this patch will live and die based on how good the raid actually is. Even if the raid is good, it's the same grind, the same systems, the same poor balancing, and the same time gating. It's as if Blizzard is completely deaf to why people aren't playing right now.

Waiting to make a opinion until i know more, right now it looks like it can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    The good: the zone looks beautiful and the language deciphering seems to be good content for casuals.

The bad: it's more of the same from previous patches, without any significant adjustment from player feedback.

From my point of view, this patch will live and die based on how good the raid actually is. Even if the raid is good, it's the same grind, the same systems, the same poor balancing, and the same time gating. It's as if Blizzard is completely deaf to why people aren't playing right now.
    I can accept that by the time 9.1 was clearly a clusterfuck it was to late to fully change course. These kind of changes would be seen in the next expansion. Them having the major power gain from the zone being BoA is a decent start.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    I can accept that by the time 9.1 was clearly a clusterfuck it was to late to fully change course. These kind of changes would be seen in the next expansion. Them having the major power gain from the zone being BoA is a decent start.
    Sure, some things were in place long ago, but there are small changes that could be made, like time gating. As in getting rid of it entirely. That would be a positive change, and it would show that Blizzard is listening to player feedback, instead of simply pushing out more of the same content that was driving players away in the first place.