Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Looks pretty. Feels like a proper WoW content patch. Can't wait for Season of Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    Sure, some things were in place long ago, but there are small changes that could be made, like time gating. As in getting rid of it entirely. That would be a positive change, and it would show that Blizzard is listening to player feedback, instead of simply pushing out more of the same content that was driving players away in the first place.
    I feel like making the reward account bound is a step in the right direction for that. I can get some time gating...not a lot of it mind you but some. What they are doing with raid for example doesn't really bother me. That said if it turns out to be six weeks of dailies then I won't be that impressed either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid sounds cool. I won't be playing it. Trying to keep an open mind about the next expansion.

Half disappointed, half what I expected. Which sounds paradoxical, I know.

I didn't really think they were going to pull a 180 and yank the cart right out of the mud with a single content patch. The development pipeline is way too long for that. But I also didn't think they'd be recycling concepts to this degree, offering up something that is at once touted as new and unfamiliar yet is incredibly formulaic.

We knew tier sets were coming, and I personally thought it was a bad idea; but I hoped that they'd at least have some creative aesthetic value. Turns out they do not, and in fact they seem proud of the fact that they are nothing but iterations upon established concepts - while in a design space, mind you, they highlight as being so very alien aesthetically (which of course it's not).

The cypher system did surprise me, though. It sounds quirky and interesting on the surface, but my guess is that this starts and ends with the flavor, and that the underlying mechanics will be incredibly generic: do daily quests to unlock a time-gated progression system that moderates legendary acquisition/unlock and gear creation. Much new. Very innovate. Wow.

Again, I didn't really expect a paradigm shift at this point, and from this patch. And yet somehow seeing another round of exactly the same can't help but leave me feeling disappointed anyway. Maybe I've just outgrown WoW, or maybe they've just missed the boat on innovation years ago. I don't know. All I know is it won't get me back to subscribing, that's for sure.

Already bored of it. Voted Meh.

Looks nice, but perhaps that what Chinavision-Jizzard are counting on; people being entranced by the shiny objects as a distraction from the fact that very little has actually changed.

Good, but after theese long-ass content droughts, I dont think im up for a final patch leading to a pre-expansion wait (For a probably delayed expansion even)
    Not releasing a 9.3 would be horrible. At least add some story

Too little, too late. It being the last patch of the expansion is also a kick in the nuts for anyone who actually wants to see development from their subscription money and despite the fact that blizzard is cutting this expansion "short", it will likely last as long as every other expansion but just with less content. So in short, shit game, shit patch, and terrible, incompetent dev team

10+ Year Old Account
    The class sets look like redesigns of the Argus equipment.
    The world is "pretty" but uninteresting. The spheres seem to be the only new features and they're not very compelling.
    The new zone is going to be "very large" which just sounds like a lot of time riding on a ground mount through shitty terrain.
    Sylvanas is getting redeemed by Uther of all people.

Yeah, pretty meh.

All of this really makes less buzz than expected. And I guess the entire release will be overshadowed by the Kotick papers… which is sad. Expansion‘s should properly climax and end, even WoD achieved that. But for Shadowlands I really don’t have much hope.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Average at best. Nothing here worth coming back for. And at this point Blizzard really doesn't deserve your money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The class sets look like redesigns of the Argus equipment.
    The world is "pretty" but uninteresting. The spheres seem to be the only new features and they're not very compelling.
    The new zone is going to be "very large" which just sounds like a lot of time riding on a ground mount through shitty terrain.
    Sylvanas is getting redeemed by Uther of all people.

Yeah, pretty meh.
    LOL!!! I knew they were going to go the redeem arc. So predictable these blizzard writers. After what they've done to Sylvanas and her char...they just need to end her and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Too little, too late. It being the last patch of the expansion is also a kick in the nuts for anyone who actually wants to see development from their subscription money and despite the fact that blizzard is cutting this expansion "short", it will likely last as long as every other expansion but just with less content. So in short, shit game, shit patch, and terrible, incompetent dev team
    100% this. WORST expansion in WoW history too. And I really mean that. It was so bad. Even worse then BfA and that took effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Good, but after theese long-ass content droughts, I dont think im up for a final patch leading to a pre-expansion wait (For a probably delayed expansion even)
    Not releasing a 9.3 would be horrible. At least add some story
    The story itself sucks though. So why add more of a bad story? SL's...a story of death.....killed WoW. Bad Devs, cut content, bad content, bad design, rng upon rng upon rng, and the fan base being attacked by blizzard devs.

These people don't deserve the loyalty that people that actually still play have been giving.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is still too little information so far, but still...

The good:
    • Tier sets are back, and my favourite classes' ones look quite neat.
    • ZM doesn't look like the Maw/Korthia at all.
    • Set pieces being obtainable from PvP/M+ is a good thing... In principle.

The bad:
    • This Cypher of the First Ones thingy looks like the perfect pretext to timegate the everliving crap out of the content.
    • Speaking of content, it looks fairly scarce. Just another stamp-sized zone (maybe not as bad as Korthia though), the customary raid... And that's it. Tazavesh being split for M+ can barely be considered 'new content'.
    • The zone doesn't really look all that Alien™, despite all the blathering. Even f**king Outland looks WAY more alien than anything seen in ZM (so far).
    • "Closing the chapter that started with WC3" KEKW. Get real, you lying #$&% Danuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it looks okay.

The art is pretty, but how much change we can expect from a .2 patch? at this rate I just holding out hope for 10.0.

Being a WoW Fan is honestly taxing at this point.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I like the visual styling of it. I wish they'd just used existing races though, Shadowlands continues to follow WoW's recent trend of ripping off itself by making a totally-not-titan-facility with machine life, complete with mechagnomes.

I probably won't come back to WoW to play it, but it looks like it could be a step in a good direction.

I used to LOVE Blizzard because they were innovating games. WoW was something new, and they kept it fresh for a few expansion until they started being formulaic. Now it's all about slapping new art over a "new" system and expecting the playerbase to eat up the same slop. I'm full up.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The cypher system did surprise me, though. It sounds quirky and interesting on the surface, but my guess is that this starts and ends with the flavor, and that the underlying mechanics will be incredibly generic: do daily quests to unlock a time-gated progression system that moderates legendary acquisition/unlock and gear creation. Much new. Very innovate. Wow.
    I think the cypher system will simply be another renown system where you get a weekly quest to unlock a new word/letter and the goal is just to keep you coming back until you have sat through it for 16-20 weeks.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks good.

I think people are just exhausted with this whole xpac. It could become a better end to sl than 8.3 to bfa
    Let's see
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

All I want is to hear what is going to happen with Sylvanas. Everything else looks meh. I’m glad they return tier sets but the design is awful apart from 1 or 2 because they are based on starter green items. The art itself looks extremely bad compared to Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think the cypher system will simply be another renown system where you get a weekly quest to unlock a new word/letter and the goal is just to keep you coming back until you have sat through it for 16-20 weeks.
    I mean yeah, potayto potahto. You're probably not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    All I want is to hear what is going to happen with Sylvanas. Everything else looks meh. I’m glad they return tier sets but the design is awful apart from 1 or 2 because they are based on starter green items. The art itself looks extremely bad compared to Suramar.
    I think we as a playerbase need to stop to expect another Suramar. That zone was just so great, I don’t think Blizzard will ever be able to replicate it. It’s my favorite zone in the game.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again