Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW's 17th Anniversary (November 15 - December 6, 2021)

WoW's 17th Anniversary (November 15 - December 6, 2021)
    WoW's 17th Anniversary starts on November 15th. New to this year's event are several rewards such as the Doomwalker Trophy Stand toy and the Illidari Doomhawk mount which drop from the new Doomwalker World Boss in Tanaris.

Update: The event is now live in all regions, and players have found more info about the new Doomwalker World Boss and its drops.
    • To be eligible for the mount, toy and transmog, characters must be level 30 or above.
    • Doomwalker's loot is personal and resets daily, just like the loot from the other Timewalking World Bosses.
    • Doomwalker looks to be an addition to the Anniversary Event, and will likely return next year.

WoW's 17th Anniversary Drops Hotfixed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With a hotfix that has just gone live to all realms, Doomwalker now has a 100% chance to drop the Doomwalker Trophy Stand and the Illidari Doomhawk mount.

This is not retroactive, so player-characters who already killed Doomwalker today should expect to find success by trying again tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Celebrate 17 Years of World of Warcraft with us! Log in to Shadowlands between November 15 and December 6 to earn the WoW’s 17th Anniversary achievement, then check your mail for a special Anniversary Gift Package.

Inside the gift package, you’ll find 200 Timewarped Badges, an “Invitation from the Timewalkers”, which will start a new quest “A Timely Invitation” leading you to Chromie in the Caverns of Time, a Celebration Firework, and a Celebration Package item to increase experience and reputation gains by 17%.

In addition, quest givers Historian Llore and Historian Ju’pa will have two daily quests that give players a chance to earn additional Timewarped Badges either by answering World of Warcraft trivia or by defeating some familiar foes. Collectors will also have a chance to pick up a few pieces of classic loot from defeating them.

Historian Ma’di also has a variety of goodies you can purchase including:

Name Description Cost

Celebration Package

Use to increase all experience and reputation gains by 17%.

17 Copper

Bronze-Tinted Sunglasses

Appearance

200 Timewarped Badges

Celebration Wand - Gnoll

Consumable: Puts a Gnoll costume on a targeted party member.

25 Timewarped Badges

Celebration Wand - Murloc

Consumable: Puts a Murloc costume on a targeted party member.

25 Timewarped Badges

Celebration Wand - Quilboar

Consumable: Puts a Quilboar costume on a targeted party member.

25 Timewarped Badges

Celebration Wand - Trogg

Consumable: Puts a Trogg costume on a targeted party member.  

25 Timewarped Badges

Corgi Pup

Battle Pet: “His tiny legs make him more aerodynamic.”

200 Timewarped Badges

Crafted Cloak of War

Cosmetic

200 Timewarped Badges

Exquisite Costume Set: "Edwin VanCleef"

Consumable: “An intricate replica, down to the very strands of hair. It will wear out over time.”

200 Timewarped Badges

Inflatable Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

Consumable: “Equip your Inflatable Thunderfury.”

50 Timewarped Badges

Overtuned Corgi Goggles

Toy: Designed to make your friends look adorable.

200 Timewarped Badges

Timeless Mechanical Dragonling

Battle Pet: “Dragons come in all types of temporal classification — timeless, time-lost, and even infinite.”

200 Timewarped Badges

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti Costume

Consumable: “Dress up like a Yeti.”

50 Timewarped Badges

Classic Bosses to Celebrate

It’s been 17 years since gates opened into Azeroth, and the heroes of the Horde and Alliance began their journey of discovery and adventure. To celebrate this momentous occasion, some familiar foes have returned to Azeroth—with some slightly updated abilities. Players level 30 and above can take on Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and one of the four Dragons of Nightmare each day for some loot and Timewarped Badges.

You’ll also be able to do a little Timewalking to take on the Doomwalker with the weekly quest, “Doomwalkin’ Has Come Knockin” for Timewarped Badges and a chance at additional rewards including the Doomwalker Trophy Stand toy or Illidari Doomhawk mount.

In addition, level 60 players could also have a chance at the following iLvl 226 rewards:

Weapons

Name Type

Akama's Edge

One-Hand Axe

Barrel-Blade Longrifle

Gun

Ethereum Nexus-Reaver

Two-Hand Axe

Talon of the Tempest

One-Hand Dagger

Armor

Name Type Slot

Anger-Spark Gloves

Cloth

Hand

Archaic Charm of Presence

--

Neck

Black-Iron Battlecloak

--

Back

Darkcrest Waistguard

Mail

Waist

Faceguard of the Endless Watch

Plate

Head

Fathom-Helm of the Deeps

Mail

Head

Gilded Trousers of Benediction

Cloth

Legs

Hellstitched Mantle

Leather

Shoulder

Terrorweave Tunic

Leather

Chest

Voidforged Greaves

Plate

Feet

Return to Alterac Valley of Olde

Run down your enemies, raze their fortifications, and exchange the tokens you loot from their corpses to summon mighty reinforcements in Korrak’s Revenge, a throwback Battleground inspired by the earliest days of Alterac Valley.

Players who participate in Korrak’s Revenge and complete the Alterac Valley of Olde achievement can earn two new mounts: the Stormpike Battle Ram (Alliance) and the Frostwolf Snarler (Horde).

Join the Party in the Caverns of Time

Gather your friends and join the celebration in the Caverns of Time as you /dance, play some Khadgar-ball Soccer, and more.

Thank You!

Thank you to everyone who has continued to make their home in Azeroth. You represent the best aspects of the Horde and the Alliance, and you inspire and motivate us every day. We’re looking forward to sharing many, many more adventures with you in the years to come.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-11-07 at 04:09 AM.

That mount looks so bad, jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They probably wanted it to have "TBC feel" so they used TBC textures.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Isn't that a battle pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if only they'd give us the Gorefiend Weapon as an option

looks like a bad cros between a phoenix and a butterfly to me....

Is that the old AV again? The AV we couldn't get in classic.

Will old av have the bitching xp gain or the sad xp gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Isn't that a battle pet?
    No, its a mount.

I'm a bit wary of the "chance at" portion since nothing like RNG screwing you over. That said, it really is a barebones dragonhawk, they could have at least put a saddle on it.

Lame everything. 2/10 only because the pet. Would've given it a 3/10 if it was painted but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    looks like a bad cros between a phoenix and a butterfly to me....
    pretty sure thats the face of a moonkin

A good. a 1% mount drop from a boss that shows up once a year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have none of you ever seen a dragonhawk before?
    They were pretty popular as both pets and mounts back in TBC, like the Sunreaver dragonhawk mount which is pretty badass if you ask me. This one was kinda meh though.

i guess good looking mounts only go to the shop. sigh...

7+ Year Old Account
    guess your playerbase is just worth a low% recolored world boss drop which we probably never gonna get in the first place

Another Cheap copy of a already done mount in the game...../SIGH

Once again free to play players not allowed to join in the celebration. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Every store mount looks utterly trash though
    they clearly have more work put into them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guys remember that corehound mount and mini-deathwing mount we made for a few anniversary events a couple years back? Yeah well here's a grey textured dragonhawk from seven expansions ago that kinda looks like a low poly version of the unique mount you can get from the current mythic raid. Also it's a percent based drop off the new boss."

You'd think Doomwalker would drop a I dunno.... mini-doomwalker mount in the style of a sky golem or something than a Blood Elf mount.

Its gonna be the first wow anyversary i miss, i really want to sub, for the rewards, but i will not bend my knee to those who took my wow addiction in advantage for so many years and decapitated a company, a playerbase and a franchise.

I will miss it blizzard, you deserve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    "Hey guys remember that corehound mount and mini-deathwing mount we made for a few anniversary events a couple years back? Yeah well here's a grey textured dragonhawk from seven expansions ago that kinda looks like a low poly version of the unique mount you can get from the current mythic raid. Also it's a percent based drop off the new boss."

You'd think Doomwalker would drop a I dunno.... mini-doomwalker mount in the style of a sky golem or something than a Blood Elf mount.
    Yup... The Deathwing mount was the final piece that actually brought be back for the end of BFA. Don't remember at all what the reward was last year, but this one is a pretty easy skip. I know the Corehound and Deathwing mounts were for the "big" 10 and 15 year anniversaries, but is it really that difficult to come up with a nice, unique looking mount once a year for this event?