Thread: Obvious bot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When they make that many accounts with differing user names across a wide variety of sites to ask social engineering questions with zero interaction otherwise… they’re either a bot or a bot. Take your pick.
    It's just a lonely individual with a very strange and annoying habit. He's been doing it for well over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's just a lonely individual with a very strange and annoying habit. He's been doing it for well over 10 years.
    If it was a lonely individual they would be responding to posts in the thread for human interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Hes' not a bot. However, when I would post one-liner threads I would get accused of "blogging" and locked.

He is a bot. You, on the other hand, post with the intention of getting infracted and banned.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    He is a bot. You, on the other hand, post with the intention of getting infracted and banned.
    He's not a bot or he'd be banned already. And yes, I am purposely trying to get banned. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    He's not a bot or he'd be banned already. And yes, I am purposely trying to get banned. .
    why are you trying to get banned?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Because he doesn't have the willpower to just quit the site and doesn't have the determination to have his account permabanned/deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

Look at that - still not a single mod or admin in here to shut this down. Still no sign of any activity at all. None of you think that's curious at all? How long do most of us go without being infracted or banned? Much less time than this, and I speak from experience. Guess we have our answer.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Maybe this thread hasn't been closed is due to the mods being volunteers and it's the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Look at that - still not a single mod or admin in here to shut this down. Still no sign of any activity at all. None of you think that's curious at all? How long do most of us go without being infracted or banned? Much less time than this, and I speak from experience. Guess we have our answer.
    I mean, if there was meant to be some kind of cover up or a conspiracy here....wouldn't the first thing they do be to shut this thread down?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If it was a lonely individual they would be responding to posts in the thread for human interaction.
    It's just a weirdo who gets a kick out of posting inane threads, that's all it is.

There's a guy on another forum I used to use who currently has 1.2 million posts and counting. Yes, one point two million, and the vast majority of them are just responses in game threads like "A to Z of films starting with The" with no interaction at all.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-11-14 at 09:50 PM.

From this thread we can tell it's a male bot too.

Just ignore it. It's the only solution to anything on this forum. People are only banned if they are baited into it and the baiter never pays the price or if you are politically different from the mod of the particular forum and you need to be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Maybe this thread hasn't been closed is due to the mods being volunteers and it's the weekend?
    Oh, believe me - there's plenty of mod coverage on the weekend. And ask yourself this - if there weren't, wouldn't this place go insane every weekend? Have you ever actually seen that happen?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Report them and leave it at that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't know, reporting doesn't always do or mean anything, though I do appreciate and sympathize with how difficult moderating something must be.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a simple Google search of of "reecejackox" which is the account name @Chicken Drummer uses on hundreds of other forums... and you end up going down a rabbit hole of the exact same threads being spammed across these hundreds of other forums. My Little Pony, Big Bang Theory, House Price Cash, UK Football... and that's just on the first damn page.

But I found this thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...14-Reecejackox

Permaban.

This is either a bot or a serial troller who seems to get off on posting information-gathering threads on a wide variety of fora, most of which he/it has been banned from.

Take care if you choose to reply to his/its phishing.

I can only imagine what other threads of "ban this user" have popped up citing the exact same reasons MMO-C has been saying for like 2 years now, lmao

Here is one where the community of this forums made a thread making fun of him. I suppose MMO-C would label this as "trolling": https://www.wrestlingforum.com/threa...ys-on.2373274/

Say what you will; the same exact user who is spamming hundreds and hundreds of threads across hundreds and hundreds of forums that are completely irrelevant to the threads being posted? I suppose MMO-C is just the odd one out who think it's a bot. /shrug
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-11-18 at 03:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The bot used to have a different name (which I can't quite remember) before this Chicken account. The original one was banned, and it popped straight back up with a new account.

It's so annoying.

There have been even more annoying posters over the years... I'm still irritated at the thought of Jaylock /shudder.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2021-11-18 at 03:33 AM.
    Here is something to believe in!

It's a bot that pays the bills via fishing to sell your info, duh. Keeps this site afloat! You lot should be worshipping it.