Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW finally back to it's roots.

Anyone else excited about sense of community again? Epic AV games that lasts hours and hours, feel of danger in world because you never know if enemy faction player hides behind STV bushes. TM vs Southshore madness! See you in 16th November!

Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    Anyone else excited about sense of community again? Epic AV games that lasts hours and hours, feel of danger in world because you never know if enemy faction player hides behind STV bushes. TM vs Southshore madness! See you in 16th November!
    im going to roll on a pvp server and enjoy the world pvp havoc that will occur.

Horde 90% pvp servers and Alliance 90% pve servers ....... I bet if they keep refreshing without major changes it will be 99% horde on pvp and alliance rollers on pve only by the next season.

what changes make you think any of this is happening?

i saw the season of mastery thing but that looks opposite of what you speak.

You do realize classic WoW has been a thing for 2 years now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    what changes make you think any of this is happening?

i saw the season of mastery thing but that looks opposite of what you speak.
    I missed Classic wow because I didn't have time to play it and played TBC but it's not fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL7VlT_Y2FE TM vs Southshore in Classic seems a lot of fun to me and I heard it happened ALOT.

Bored and nothing to do? Just go to Southshore to get easy honor seems epic as fuck. I hope my server will have these wars going on daily.
    Last edited by strixer; 2021-11-13 at 12:40 PM.

Don't expect the same level of activity on Season of Mastery as we had on the Classic release 2 years ago. Hype is not as high, people are divided between classic, tbc, retail and now this, etc etc.

Just make sure you pick a heavy populated realm, and it might still be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Don't expect the same level of activity on Season of Mastery as we had on the Classic release 2 years ago. Hype is not as high, people are divided between classic, tbc, retail and now this, etc etc.

Just make sure you pick a heavy populated realm, and it might still be fun!
    Same - but on the other hand i expect retention to be far better because of faster pacing and faster leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Same - but on the other hand i expect retention to be far better because of faster pacing and faster leveling.
    Which will make it not back to it roots. So not sure how anyone who loved vanilla like the op would think this is going back to its roots.

It is modernizing it. Again.

Season of Mastery's entire focus is on turning up the most toxic aspects of retail and vanilla WoW to 11. Just because they're removing the world buff meta doesn't mean shit. The game is being tuned wholly to the most elitist players and doesn't seem to be leaving much room or catering in anyway to casual players. Prepare to have more boosters, more hackers, more griefers and more elitism than even tbc classic has now.

I've never played on private servers but that one server where they're allowing you to mix and match classes and their spells sounds a lot more like a classic plus a casual player like me would enjoy than whatever this season of mastery crap is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'll give it a go, i'm intrigued by the soul of iron mode - That's my main interest right now, though it needs some tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Which will make it not back to it roots. So not sure how anyone who loved vanilla like the op would think this is going back to its roots
    With a one year content cadence, you will have to make some concessions in terms of leveling speed.
    Leveling a character to cap takes around 150h, if you play 10h/week, that's almost 1/3 of the entire lifecycle of Season of Mastery just spent on leveling.

The fact that they, at the very least, squashed boosting and put the emphasis on quest completion is in my opinion a good compromise, it's faster for sure, but i'd rather have an accelerated experience that is in spirit closer to original Classic than to have mechanical duplication of Classic with the same loopholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Season of Mastery's entire focus is on turning up the most toxic aspects of retail and vanilla WoW to 11. Just because they're removing the world buff meta doesn't mean shit. The game is being tuned wholly to the most elitist players and doesn't seem to be leaving much room or catering in anyway to casual players. Prepare to have more boosters, more hackers, more griefers and more elitism than even tbc classic has now.

I've never played on private servers but that one server where they're allowing you to mix and match classes and their spells sounds a lot more like a classic plus a casual player like me would enjoy than whatever this season of mastery crap is going to be.
    What stops you from finding like-minded "non-eltist" and inclusive players in retail and Classic?
    What stops you from playing with those nice people and ignore those that make your in-game experience so hurtful for you?

I mean the "elitist" players in Retail and in Classic have no problems whatsoever finding similar "elitist" players and playing with them, while at the same time ignoring those that are wilfully unwilling to put in an effort.

Or are you suggesting that you feel entitled to that other players should play like you want and not like they want?

Which will make it not back to it roots. So not sure how anyone who loved vanilla like the op would think this is going back to its roots.

It is modernizing it. Again.
    There is no such thing as going back to its roots. If its community people are looking for its already there. Some people just dont like being in guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    With a one year content cadence, you will have to make some concessions in terms of leveling speed.
    Leveling a character to cap takes around 150h, if you play 10h/week, that's almost 1/3 of the entire lifecycle of Season of Mastery just spent on leveling.

The fact that they, at the very least, squashed boosting and put the emphasis on quest completion is in my opinion a good compromise, it's faster for sure, but i'd rather have an accelerated experience that is in spirit closer to original Classic than to have mechanical duplication of Classic with the same loopholes.
    Sure, I think thats good too. Agree on all.

But it doesnt make it going back to its root as the title reads. It will never be anyway. But I see it might read like I try to take away excitement of the new classic, not my intention.

These new changes might be the thing that makes me try it again even.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-11-13 at 03:19 PM.

But it doesnt make it going back to its root as the title reads. It will never be anyway. But I see it might read like I try to take away excitement of the new classic, not my intention.
    The phrase "back to its roots" is always a subjective one, but one where the MO to level a character isn't to AFK in a dungeon but rather go into the world and do quests is certainly a step in direction that's far more in line with "actual" Classic.

Who told you all these lies about Classic SoM?
    AV will very rarely last more then 20-30min no matter what they change.
    World pvp is not a thing for the first 2 weeks since everyone is rushing to 60 to get geared and attuned asap, so they don't miss a lockout of MC.
    After that each server will see it's dominant faction make life hell for the other faction. Resulting in people slowly transfer off until it get to a 3-to-1 ratio and then everyone is forced to transfert because the open world is unplayable for their side.
    TM vs SS stops being a thing the second BG are available ... and they will be available on launch.

I'm not sure where you're taking your infos about what SoM will look like, but it's all false so far.

What fantasy are you talking about? Sounds like you have a time machine.

This is literally the opposite of 'back to it's roots', considering all the specific changes for this Season of Mastery.

Keep dreaming lol, WoW will never be the same again.