5+ Year Old Account

9.2: equipping two Legendaries - who profits most?

Which classes / specs do you think will profit the most for PvP from the possibility to equip two Legendaries at the same time in patch 9.2?
    It's restricted to one Covenant Legendary and one other Legendary.

I'm thinking about a Kyrian Arms Warrior, with Spear of Bastion and Heroic Leap Legendary. Should be lots of fun and also powerul at the same time.

Kyrian Rogue with Resounding Clarity and Mark of the Master Assassin? Some guaranteed huge Eviscerate crits.

Or Resounding Clarity with Finality for big Eviscerate numbers that also work outside of openers.

Hunter : Craven + Pouch (Venthyr)
    War : Spear + Unhinged synergy, or Painbringer + Venthyr + Tier sets look amazing
    SPriest : Pallid + Measured Contemplations
    Locks : Necro really good for Destro and Demo + whatever, NF really good for Affli + Sacro
    RDruid Necro + Infusion is decent, Feral/Balance NF is strong

These are the strongest I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    Hunter : Craven + Pouch (Venthyr)
    War : Spear + Unhinged synergy, or Painbringer + Venthyr + Tier sets look amazing
    SPriest : Pallid + Measured Contemplations
    Locks : Necro really good for Destro and Demo + whatever, NF really good for Affli + Sacro
    RDruid Necro + Infusion is decent, Feral/Balance NF is strong

These are the strongest I can think of
    For Spriest, Pallid + Measured, I fail to see the synergy here? Is it just because it's strong by itself? I think Sephuz has more popularity than measured contemplation.

I'm skeptical about warlock tbh.

For War, I don't think Fury will make a come back unless it has some good balancing to bring it on par with Arms. Arms is just wayyyyy too good. And like you said, the spear legendary paired with another ( Enduring blow or exploiter) will be VERY strong next season. Venthyr probably as well.

Also, I would add these :

Balance = Convoke legendary + Balance of allthings/Circle of life. Or Kyrian is really good too.

Frost DK = Abom limb legendary (omg) + Absolute Zero (I'm curious how broken this will be)

Ret Pal = Final Verdict + Divine Resonance = Might be the strongest spec that has 2 legendary :S

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    For Spriest, Pallid + Measured, I fail to see the synergy here? Is it just because it's strong by itself? I think Sephuz has more popularity than measured contemplation.

I'm skeptical about warlock tbh.

For War, I don't think Fury will make a come back unless it has some good balancing to bring it on par with Arms. Arms is just wayyyyy too good. And like you said, the spear legendary paired with another ( Enduring blow or exploiter) will be VERY strong next season. Venthyr probably as well.

Also, I would add these :

Balance = Convoke legendary + Balance of allthings/Circle of life. Or Kyrian is really good too.

Frost DK = Abom limb legendary (omg) + Absolute Zero (I'm curious how broken this will be)

Ret Pal = Final Verdict + Divine Resonance = Might be the strongest spec that has 2 legendary :S
    For SPriest, I don't think it will have a special synergy. Specs that take Sephuz mostly take it because they don't have any good legendary, and Sephuz will scale poorly the higher iLvL we have, which is already the case. I think SPriest don't take Measured Contemplation as much because it doesn't give DPS. Not only is Pallid Command extremely strong, by far the best choice even in PvE for Necro, but also because taking a legendary and not doing more damage feels bad for the majority of players. I think that by 9.2, SPriest will have enough damage with PC to justify being also able to deny lots of go with Measured Contemplations, but I could be wrong of course.

For Locks, I'm not sure / saying the two legendaries will grant them access to S tier or anything, I just think they will benefit a lot from the system. Necro is BiS for Demo. Necro is gaining a lot of traction on Destro too, being able to chain 1.1sec cast Incinerate with 100% crit chance to 13-16k is a bit scary notably because the buff has no duration / cannot be dispelled and thus CCing the Lock doesn't prevent the burst, it only slows it + if you kick the Incinerate, the Lock can freely cast Chaos Bolt and you don't want that either.

Warriors yeah, I'm not betting on Fury. But for Kyrian Arms specifically I really think Unhinged will be the strongest in most situations. Being able to Spear + BS + On-Use trinket every minute with Storm of Destruction looks really good to me.

Agreed on DK and Ret

10+ Year Old Account
    Who profits most ? People who sells them in the AH

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Which classes / specs do you think will profit the most for PvP from the possibility to equip two Legendaries at the same time in patch 9.2?
    It's restricted to one Covenant Legendary and one other Legendary.

I'm thinking about a Kyrian Arms Warrior, with Spear of Bastion and Heroic Leap Legendary. Should be lots of fun and also powerul at the same time.
    I was thinking whichever makes the most gold selling base items.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This was my first thought.
    I've only maintained one at 262 bc I main tank and don't do anything else, like at all (currently just raidlog).
    It means with 2 leggos, it'll eat into my purse again to boost to whatever the new ilevel will be for 2 now.

Imagine people who actively play multiple specs/toons in multiple content types where there isn't overlap.
    Like if you use A in M+, B in raid, C in PVP, then D is second best for M+, E second for raid, F for second PVP, and that's just one spec.
    Repeat per spec, per toon... Pricey indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This was my first thought.
    I've only maintained one at 262 bc I main tank and don't do anything else, like at all (currently just raidlog).
    It means with 2 leggos, it'll eat into my purse again to boost to whatever the new ilevel will be for 2 now.

Imagine people who actively play multiple specs/toons in multiple content types where there isn't overlap.
    Like if you use A in M+, B in raid, C in PVP, then D is second best for M+, E second for raid, F for second PVP, and that's just one spec.
    Repeat per spec, per toon... Pricey indeed.
    According to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9s-end/1136870 it really sounds like the new legendary belt is given to us, not crafted, and it swaps between covenants so you won't need 4 of them or anything. Of course you'll still need one or two legendaries for your spec to swap between for PvP/M+/Raiding/whatever, but it won't really be any different than the rest of the expansion.

I'm fairly certain they haven't mentioned how we craft legendaries past 262 (In 9.1 it required the Korthia material for crafters to make 262 items, presumably there's a new item to craft 28X versions?), but I imagine those will cost quite a lot, especially in the beginning of the patch, so you aren't wrong about it still be incredibly expensive.

Anyway, back on topic:

I think Sub Rogue is a clear winner here, 100% crit plus massive Kyrian Eviscerates is going to be pretty brutal to deal with. All 3 Hunter specs will also feel very good getting their Venthyr (or Necro) legendary plus Craven, since currently they choose between more damage or more survivability getting both next patch will feel amazing I'm sure. SPriest will benefit quite a bit, as will Ret Paladin and Arms Warrior, not too sure about other classes though as I don't really play much else, I mostly heal, and speaking of that...

My biggest concern is I don't really think many of the double legendaries or many of the tier sets are going to help healers much, but a lot of DPS specs are gaining tons of extra damage, might make next season incredibly painful to heal through. Hopefully the change to the trinkets giving tons of stamina instead of extra versatility damage offsets some of the burst that we're going to see.

Likely hunters as they have massively powerful covenant and noncovenant legendary items.

For Boomie specifically ... Kyrian will be nuts with cov leggo + dreambinder or something like pulsar. Already crazy damage every minute and then add in the buffs from leggo and tier set.

Ventyr Demon Hunter looking good with this

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    And Blizzard who gets a ton of WoW token purchases.