Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game definitely needs it but BFA was such a destructive narrative to make this happen.

How do you combine the factions when not 2 year ago one of the faction had essentially become fantasy nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The game definitely needs it but BFA was such a destructive narrative to make this happen.

How do you combine the factions when not 2 year ago one of the faction had essentially become fantasy nazis?
    Already done, Saurfang already died for our sins. Elune also handed Tyrande her special tube of vagisil and now she is all mushy again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I hope so but in a limited way. I want cross faction mechanically. Storyline they can still have tension. IE as Alliance you go to Oggrimar then the NPCs are capped at unfriendly.

Cross-faction PvE instances are desirable and necessary at this point, and I do think that's coming to WoW. I don't think anything about PvP instances or the open world, including cities, will change, at least I hope those things don't change. Just my $.02.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I hope cross faction NEVER EVER comes in any form of shape; the strife between the factions is a vital driving force of the game/lore.
    No it isn't, don't kid yourself.
    Remember when we worked together in BFA?
    Or legion?
    Or WoD?
    Or MoP?
    Or Cata?
    Or wrath?

because we did. Like, canonically. Even in the two expansions focused on faction war at the start, we were working together by the end.
    I'm pretty sure we worked together in TBC too, but I didn't play back then and can't be arsed looking it up

fingers crossed, I would enjoy that

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Already done, Saurfang already died for our sins.
    I actually expected Shadowlands to have cross faction play already. In BfA we fought together against an enemy seeking to destroy Azeroth. Together, as we did in every expansion. And on top of that we actually got a cinematic with the leaders of both Alliance and Horde proclaiming Azeroth is our shared home, vowing to defend her and to break the fucking cycle:

Shadowlands was advertised as everyone having to choose a covenant, both factions free to choose any of them. Shadowlands has not a single quest were Hord fights Alliance. Why are we not dungeoneering together already? I still hope that 9.2 and defeating the jailer leads to cross faction play.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    No it isn't, don't kid yourself.
    Remember when we worked together in BFA?
    Or legion?
    Or WoD?
    Or MoP?
    Or Cata?
    Or wrath?

because we did. Like, canonically. Even in the two expansions focused on faction war at the start, we were working together by the end.
    I'm pretty sure we worked together in TBC too, but I didn't play back then and can't be arsed looking it up
    I've seen this take a lot, and it's honestly not a very good one. In Legion, the two factions were bridling with mistrust and it was the class halls that worked together, not the Horde and the Alliance. In WoD, there canonically was little collaboration between the two factions - they acted separately. In MoP, they worked together to overthrow Garrosh, but it was heated and tense even at then end, and in the latter half of Wrath and all of Cata, they were at outright war with one another.

This idea that the two factions always work together every expansion is blatantly false. They are at loggerheads more often than not. Whether that makes for good storytelling is a different question. I wish Blizz would tell its stories better, but that's another area of discontent.

Not sure what is wrong about that video, it looks perfectly fine. The WF leather set wasn't overly alliance colored anyway. Also throw those awsome lion paudlrons of the plate set on a tauren and there is definitely nothing wrong with it. The whole "muh faction identity" whinging hasn't been interesting in a decade, pretty much one and a half, since it was already boring in TBC. Especially tauren druids are practically half alliance anyway, since the cenarion circle is way closer to the nelfs and therefore the alliance than the horde will ever be.

I really have to wonder what the wow twitter account wants to say with that post. After saying in an interview that they might address it they now already paddle back for the few that are permanently stuck in yesteryear? Ah whatever. In a few more years you will have to go to an oceanic server to even play alliance anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

The effort is .. maybe more than it should be but also nothing out of the ordinary. I also wonder about the goal here as well, though. Especially after the interview Ion did last week. At best I'm reading the combined information from both that obviously you won't be able to play a tauren on alliance, at best you will get some wanky work-around to team up with other players to address the endgame population issues.
    I guess it sounds about right, the answer most likely lies in that middle ground

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I actually expected Shadowlands to have cross faction play already. In BfA we fought together against an enemy seeking to destroy Azeroth. Together, as we did in every expansion. And on top of that we actually got a cinematic with the leaders of both Alliance and Horde proclaiming Azeroth is our shared home, vowing to defend her and to break the fucking cycle:

Shadowlands was advertised as everyone having to choose a covenant, both factions free to choose any of them. Shadowlands has not a single quest were Hord fights Alliance. Why are we not dungeoneering together already? I still hope that 9.2 and defeating the jailer leads to cross faction play.
    That was actually pretty odd as well, I was fairly convinced of the same thing, one would also say that they fucked it up at the last moment.
    In certain spots shadowlands feel kinda rushed tho I have to be honest I stopped playing pretty early because it didnt feel like warcraft to me as it should have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Elune also handed Tyrande her special tube of vagisil and now she is all mushy again.

hahahaha, I died reading this )))

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I've seen this take a lot, and it's honestly not a very good one. In Legion, the two factions were bridling with mistrust and it was the class halls that worked together, not the Horde and the Alliance. In WoD, there canonically was little collaboration between the two factions - they acted separately. In MoP, they worked together to overthrow Garrosh, but it was heated and tense even at then end, and in the latter half of Wrath and all of Cata, they were at outright war with one another.

This idea that the two factions always work together every expansion is blatantly false. They are at loggerheads more often than not. Whether that makes for good storytelling is a different question. I wish Blizz would tell its stories better, but that's another area of discontent.
    There's also this fact...this isn't the common person's war this is the faction leaders war

Just because Tyrande and Genn doesn't like Bob the Orc doesn't mean you can't befriend him and he helps you kill the damned dragon. Rated BGs and Arena are more stupid little athletic tournaments and are faction neutral. Quests and Unrated PVP are the ONLY things in this game that can be seen as faction related and even then if cross faction happens those things can remain the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

Why wouldn't they combine the factions? Saurfang already redeemed the Horde and Sylvanas will become the new Arbiter so she won't be ruining Horde's image anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why wouldn't they combine the factions? Saurfang already redeemed the Horde and Sylvanas will become the new Arbiter so she won't be ruining Horde's image anymore.
    Sylvanas won't become Arbiter, thankfully, according to Wowhead. Pelagos will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why wouldn't they combine the factions? Saurfang already redeemed the Horde
    Lol not at all. Even Blizzard as dense as they are awknowledged it.
    Horde is far from redeemed.