Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What difference would there be between kul'tirans and other humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    but why isnt this an option already??
    Other games including VR games on steam allow you to create your avatars with weight options.
    i would Like to have certain non-KT human toons of mine be heavier set or even skinnier compared to the generic, based on the Fantasy i am trying to play out.
    My guess is the amount of work required to make all the gear fit. New games designed with weight options are done because they are new and items are designed with them in mind.

WoW is old and there are lots of old equipment around. Especially with transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    What difference would there be between kul'tirans and other humans?
    Depends on how much of the Weight Scale you are capable of adding
    also probably other physical distinctions like KT human's faces, scars, enlarged forearms

This is actually quite involved on a technical level. You don't simply scale up or down - that's not how weight/body mass works. Tall people aren't simply factor-scaled versions of smaller people. There's different proportions etc. that would require entirely new model skeletons - with all the armor fitting, animation, etc. to go with it. It's a MASSIVE amount of extra work, far more than adding extra textures or customization doodads like earrings or whatever. It's basically on the level of adding entirely new character models, for every race, for every gender, in multiple versions depending on available body types. That's ludicrous amounts of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    Depends on how much of the Weight Scale you are capable of adding
    also probably other physical distinctions like KT human's faces, scars, enlarged forearms
    I guess so it is just out of all the races I don't want to confuse in pvp humans and trolls would be the top 2. Finding out he is running two trinkets or is about to throw out an unexpected knock back off a ledge are nasty surprises.

Different profiles still matter somewhat in pvp. Though I am of the opinion that any combat racial should be removed myself and race made purely cosmetic.

Its definitely weird to me that Kul Tirans are fat, but there are scrawny versions as NPCs, half of the Kul Tirans in game are normal humans, and even the most famous Kul Tiran in game is Jaina, using a normal human model. The body type should have just been a toggle option on humans.

Also theyre weirdly tall.

Also, skinny draenei plz