Survivable Rogue?

Hello

Returning ex-endgame raider been back for about 2months, stopped playing end of Cata, had BiS every expac.

I don't want to raid current, I've returned for cosmetics, mounts, transmog, pets.

Looking for a resource/list of BIS items/gear for a Shadowlands rogue that wants to solo old raid content?

Quirky trinkets? Max HoA? I have Ashrams.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2021-11-14 at 11:10 PM.

Hi. I guess the high ilvl gear is just your answer. You need to be able to kill almost every boss before they kill you.

I don't really know if there's any BIS items/gear for soloing the old content... I mean other than "just get the best gear you can from the current content".

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your best bet is to rank up in RBG a bit which will allow you to grab some nice gear and upgrade it. Needs a bit of honor grind as well but I find it more enjoyable than m+.

Honor gear ---> level it ---> RBG ---> Conquest gear ---> level it ---> Decent ilvl to do all kinds of stuff. You can also max out a legendary for your covenant (echoing reprimand is really nice).
    Since Posting I am now at 230ilvl from Korthia but am wondering if it's worth playing with talents and conduits to see if I can make myself more tanky or is it better to still just maximise DPS and kill bosses before bosses kill you rather than a slow but safe survival grind to kill boss.

I remember way back 10yrs ago I would respect and change everything to get more tanks because that was more optimal than just Max dps to kill boss as fast as possible before that random 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    Since Posting I am now at 230ilvl from Korthia but am wondering if it's worth playing with talents and conduits to see if I can make myself more tanky or is it better to still just maximise DPS and kill bosses before bosses kill you rather than a slow but safe survival grind to kill boss.

I remember way back 10yrs ago I would respect and change everything to get more tanks because that was more optimal than just Max dps to kill boss as fast as possible before that random 1 shot.
    Are there any bosses in particular you're looking to get down? Soothing Darkness talent for sub, and Leeching Poison for sin (can also be paired with Master Poisoner for a bit more healing) are both great self sustain options for older content.

Rogue has very high survivability because of vanish and cloak

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIVuseryo View Post
    Rogue has very high survivability because of vanish and cloak
    In OP's case vanish won't help as bosses will just reset.

For conduits take the one that heals you during snd and that's it mostly for defensives.