Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It is as if they had some monetary incentive to artificially restrict collectibles that are actually easily available.

    I am rather certain that when Blizzard offers an extremely unique mount from a rather trivial achievement but only for a limited time, FOMO subs are part of the calculation.
    It's supposed to set a precedent, if you see a unique mount that's only available for a limited time, resub now or it's gone forever.
    They could still re-add it back. No one says they aren't allowed to return these rewards (except the Azeroth Choppers winning mount).
    In cases like that they could just be vague enough that people would feel the need to resub, just in case they would get rid of it. As far as I remember it was also only ever clearly communicated that the 15th anniversary collectors edition mounts were available for a limited time only, but for the obsidian worldbreaker this wasn't as clearly communicated.

  2. #62
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    How do you know it's 1% drop chance?
    We don't - wowhead states its a low droprate, "presumably" 1%.

    Either way, 1% chance is fine.
    Hi

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,976
    Hey, what did you expect ? Schweppes

    Blizzard is literally THE KING of recolor, of recycling...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It's stupid that they add content that takes significant amount of time for them to create as well as special mounts and then they only make this content available one time.
    So, you say it's stupid, but the amount of times people have brought that mount up as something nice, that should be made available more often, just 'proves' (as you like saying) that it wasn't actually stupid?

    If it was always available, or not 'special', no one would give a shit, hence, making it a decent reward for the 15th anniversary?

    Sigh, why bother. Haters will bash them regardless of being a cool mount, a bad mount, a recolor, a new mount, no mount at all, or anything they come up with. There's a lot to complain to blizzard about, genuine concerns about the game, this anniversary reward is not one of them.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They could still re-add it back. No one says they aren't allowed to return these rewards (except the Azeroth Choppers winning mount).
    Again, that would undermine the FOMO.

    I never said "they're not allowed to", the thing is: they don't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    but for the obsidian worldbreaker this wasn't as clearly communicated.
    I mean, that an annual reward becomes unobtainable afterwards isn't exactly a new thing in WoW.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, you say it's stupid, but the amount of times people have brought that mount up as something nice, that should be made available more often, just 'proves' (as you like saying) that it wasn't actually stupid?

    If it was always available, or not 'special', no one would give a shit, hence, making it a decent reward for the 15th anniversary?

    Sigh, why bother. Haters will bash them regardless of being a cool mount, a bad mount, a recolor, a new mount, no mount at all, or anything they come up with. There's a lot to complain to blizzard about, genuine concerns about the game, this anniversary reward is not one of them.
    People use it, because it looks cool, not because it was available for a limited amount of time. I see many people riding store mounts, I doubt they do it because of exclusivity.

    Also you know I can give feedback and criticise Blizz and not be a hater?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    everything about Shadowlands is absolutely as low effort as possible.
    excuse me sir, danuser is doing his absolute hardest to ruin the game as much as possible.
    please do not belittle his effort in annihilating this franchise.

  8. #68
    If they're going to make the anniversary mount a lazy recolor, just make it cost Timewarped Badges like the corgi pet did a few years ago. Don't make it a rare drop chance from a world boss that likely only lets you loot it once per week per character.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    People use it, because it looks cool, not because it was available for a limited amount of time. I see many people riding store mounts, I doubt they do it because of exclusivity.
    Yea, let's not pretend people don't use 'exclusive' mounts just for the sake of being exclusive, and others not having it. At least whilst it's fresh.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-11-15 at 04:30 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    It is kind of weird they are using that model of dragon hawk there have been quite a few updates. I am also struggling to tie dragonhawks into tbc... I guess ZA had them?

    Kind of seems a odd choice.
    Bloodelves? Like all of the ones in Netherstorm, the Belf starter zone and all that? Even the occasional clowns in Shattrath and Shadowmoon valley had them as pets etc.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  11. #71
    Its dumb if its for 2 weeks ever and then never again. If the mount will drop every year, its /shrug and move on. Its not out of line with other rare seasonal mounts

  12. #72
    Am i the only one who doesn't get the argument that just because it's a recolor it's therefor bad? Some of my favorite mounts have been re-colors. The Voidtalon/Feltalon/Flametalon are all cooler than the Raven Lord imo, the ZG tiger mount was a recolor of the Nightsaber mounts. I don't personally rate the Dragonhawk mounts that highly so the color itself doesn't really matter that much to me, but I feel like the color itself doesn't really matter as much as the model.

    Realistically though they could have made the anniversary mount a recolor of the new cat mount from the store, but I know they wouldn't do that due to losing out on potential cash etc.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'll let you have your tantrum. You decided to become a child and insult someone who disagreed with you.
    You're not a person to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hey, what did you expect ? Schweppes

    Blizzard is literally THE KING of recolor, of recycling...
    At least recolor the good-looking model then?

    There was a higher quality version already available.

    This is worthless.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    they cant be so stupid to make it a once a year thing with only 1% ... or are they ? ... they probably are
    the pet from molten core anniversary

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,458
    Seems to me they arrive at these terrible droprates because they take into account the average player has atleast 4-5 characters eligible for its loot and considering you can kill it daily that ends up at around 100 shots on it for its loot in the end pr annual event. Thus collectors become victims of their own success when they make an army of characters to maximize their odds of getting whatever on any given day. Clearly they don't expect everyone will want this mount and have set the droprate accordingly. Tbh the armored version out of MoP is way cooler imo. A small segment of players obviously desire this one and have petitioned for it repeatedly for a mount version of the mob from old shadowmoon I believe. I imagine blizz wishes to thank them for still playing by offering it up after all this time.

    It also appears like the doom reaver will be returning on future anniversary events along with the rest of 'the originals'
    If you really want It this year I suggest you create any allied race character so you start at lvl10 and make use of the 17% bonus xp and heirlooms to level to 30 and go kill it in tanaris using the portals in the main city hubs. Farming bfa freehold endboss runs in lfgtool it doesn't take long, even with regular questing you're only looking at a few hours play.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2021-11-15 at 06:25 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  16. #76
    You don't understand, they simply don't have the resources to give us an updated dragonhawk mount AND gorgeous new store mounts like the sun kitty.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    You don't understand, they simply don't have the resources to give us an updated dragonhawk mount AND gorgeous new store mounts like the sun kitty.
    One is gonna bring in the money and the other one will be handed out for free. As annoying as it might be for us as players it makes sense.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    One is gonna bring in the money and the other one will be handed out for free. As annoying as it might be for us as players it makes sense.
    This. Exactly. It's so simple it hurts, yet people still going crazy about a commemorative 'reward'. In some years you got -nothing-, and here we are today.

    Entitled bunch.

  19. #79
    Just a reminder that even if they only wanted to spend no time creating a new mount, or recoloring an existing one....

    This is already in the files and unimplemented.



    I honestly cant think of a reason for them to choose this dragonhawk.... Aside from the idea that they might make it available every year, and add a new boss and mount each year with a similar drop chance.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Just a reminder that even if they only wanted to spend no time creating a new mount, or recoloring an existing one....

    This is already in the files and unimplemented.

    You really think that one is an improvement?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chend View Post
    Remember when we got the Deathwing mount 2 years ago? That and the core hound were the only times we ever got cool gifts for an anniversary.
    Just a friendly reminder Core Hound was for the 10th, and Deathwing was for the 15th anniversary. Those are special landmarks. Get it? Special landmarks, special goodies...

    Expect something special for the 20th, not the 17th, 18th or 19th....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •