Poll: Do you think a 10.0 revamp is likely?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think its a little too ambitious foe their current team. I agree it's needed though. Could they retire the old content into wow classic type servers? And make an automated way to transfer characters back and forth I wonder?

What I wouldn't give for a 10.0 that feels like TBC, but has M+ and RBGs with newer graphics and more in intricate rotations. Plus all the newer nonsense content like world quests, pet battles, mount farming etc... Throw in a "Final Fantasy 14"-like way to do older content and damn you have a good game.

But, it's Activision Blizzard, and I don't believe they have what it takes to resurrect the game. I see WoW going as it has done for a good 6-8 years now. Steadily downhill with a few positive moments, until it inevitably fades out to nothing.

But to the topic, yes, I do think they'll go for some sort of mega resolution to this story and try to pawn off some crap reset, and i'm 100% sure they will fail at pulling it off

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    A housing system would take a healthy amount of time and resources to create and implement -- and it will never happen without another WoD-esque punting of an expansion or more.
    It likely wouldn’t take all that much work they already have a smattering of different houses/buildings they could use and a lot of junk they could use as things to put around a players home.

All they would really need to do is figure out how they’d do there placement system and where the houses would go.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The interesting issue here is why there are players, and they seem to very well represented here, that are unable to seek out like-minded people, organize themselves and play like they want to play?
    If the top 2% are able to find people like themselves, organize themselves and play like they want it, what stops the other 98% from doing the same?
    There is plenty of content for all skill levels, ranging from normal dungeons and LFR to high M+ and mythic raids.

Maybe the "top-2%" spend more time thinking: "What can I do to improve myself and my in-game experience" instead of "What should others do to improve my in-game experience."

Edit:
    The vast majority of those that play WoW are self-aware and automatically seek out people who have a similar definition of fun, no matter how skilled they are at the game.

And by that I mean that a tiny minority in-game, but vastly over-represented here, spends all their energy on demanding that others should play the game like they want instead of seeking out people with a similar definition of fun.
    Problem is path of least resistance. For top players this isnt issue becouse all they care about is being better player and beating challenge but for rest of playerbase? PoR is something they will consider when they make decision wha to do. And since PoL is doing lfg and lfr than sou have really massive playerbase what just do not come together and will always end up in easiest content. No becouse its fun. But becouse its covinient. Yes players in fact will ruin their own fun for sake of being efficient and have covinient way to beat content. But this is something you as dev supostu know and desing game around it. No sit and hope players will go againts human nature in order to have fun.

I wonder if this is how the bronze dragonflight becomes the infinite dragonflight.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We're in desperate need of everything being visually updated to 2022/23 graphics as well as the engine getting a fresh oil change.
    Need vs what we'll get is the sad story of WoW. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    I wonder if this is how the bronze dragonflight becomes the infinite dragonflight.
    I swear we already knew the answer to that... no?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they do it, it's going to be too little, too late by now. The damage they've done to the lore of the game over BfA and SL can no longer be repaired without a complete reboot of the series. And with the recent puritanism ideologies Blizzard has adopted, I have very little faith in the game getting anything except worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Need vs what we'll get is the sad story of WoW. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I swear we already knew the answer to that... no?
    I guess maybe I missed it, I've been playing on and off for several years now. From what I've looked up (and I could be wrong), what we know is that the Old Gods convinced Nozdormu that if he can see his own death, maybe he can alter the events leading him there, and that's where the Infinite Dragonflight originally came from. But after Nozdormu realized this he has been avoiding that path, all the while knowing it's going to happen some day. Maybe giving into that power is what allows him to fight Zovaal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    WoW isn't going to die in 5 to 6 years.
    As long as it makes enough money, they'll push out content for years.

Expansion cycles may become longer. It may go Freemium model that a lot of dying MMOs do. But, that model allows games that should have died to continue to go until it finally dies.
    Maybe they shouldn't rely on 2 year windows to recharge for the same game we've already paid for every single expansion Maybe they should just drop the Box price and continue to give us new experiences via content updates instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every 2 years which doesn't work. Restricting themselves to that kind of development window is what's ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Even if they do it, it's going to be too little, too late by now. The damage they've done to the lore of the game over BfA and SL can no longer be repaired without a complete reboot of the series. And with the recent puritanism ideologies Blizzard has adopted, I have very little faith in the game getting anything except worse.
    What you wrote is especially true when combined with your signature. Legion brought out the big guns, with maximum effort being put into even the smallest story developments.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Maybe they shouldn't rely on 2 year windows to recharge for the same game we've already paid for every single expansion Maybe they should just drop the Box price and continue to give us new experiences via content updates instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every 2 years which doesn't work. Restricting themselves to that kind of development window is what's ruining the game.
    Wow is definitely stuck in an out of date model.

But, it is harder to change how it is done once a model is set up.

Expansion have pretty much been about 3 raid tiers and then done since Wrath anyway. There is really no reason to be restrictive like that, WoD was only 2 because they cut a raid tier.

Some stories feel like they would be better if told over longer period of time.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What you wrote is especially true when combined with your signature. Legion brought out the big guns, with maximum effort being put into even the smallest story developments.
    even so, it was not that good, it had good things but a lot of things were mediocre at best

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We're in desperate need of everything being visually updated to 2022/23 graphics as well as the engine getting a fresh oil change.
    The graphics aren't the problem. Plenty of games before WoW had far superior graphics and they all failed miserably.
    Wow needs a good story, with great content that is fun and engaging.....not tedious and a "MUST or fall behind"
    Better graphics would still leave the CORE issues of WoW's problem. Bad story telling, lack of FUN and engaging content, and boring characters that are never fully tested and tend to be way OP or too Underpowered.

I have zero faith in them to do right.

For me to come back they would need to do the following:

This is not Diablo. Get rid of the 75 levels of difficulty. I hate it. At most make normal and heroic and be done with it for dungeons and raids. Even if you make heroic as hard as mythic is now, do it and stop using it as a cheap method to retain players instead of making more content. People saying we need things like M+ are talking nonsense. Game was at its peek without this tripe and did fine.

Get rid of daily grinds or limit it to a month for the entire expansion like before. I have no interest in grinding daily content throughout the entire expansion. I want time to actually play the fun portions of the game and explore.

Keep one system and build on it like ESO. STOP resetting shit it's annoying and a complete lack of respect for the players time.

I would 100% come back if these changes were made, but seriously doubt it will ever happen.

I think the graphics and sound are honestly amazing for a game of its age and feel like it has aged very well. This is not Wows problem imo.
    Last edited by Johnjohn; 2021-11-29 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Wow is definitely stuck in an out of date model.

But, it is harder to change how it is done once a model is set up.

Expansion have pretty much been about 3 raid tiers and then done since Wrath anyway. There is really no reason to be restrictive like that, WoD was only 2 because they cut a raid tier.

Some stories feel like they would be better if told over longer period of time.
    It is a very restrictive model, especially for story development.

You know what a great 10.0 revamp would be? A fresh batch of developers that keep their thoughts to themselves and balance what's good for the game with what the overwhelming majority of the player base wants.

That would be a great revamp, till then....expect this to get from worse to worser. (yes, i wrote that on purpose to focus on the irony).

There not gonna be a new revamp for the old world like cata did.

If one thing cata proved was that not having a new landmass to explore is bad for an expansion.

Hell, even cata had 5 new leveling zones that was essentially a spread out land mass. If you ask me, having these new zones in EK and Kal is the only reason why we got a world revamp to begin with, oh an to give us old world flying.

So no, we don't need an old world revamp
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-11-29 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    even so, it was not that good, it had good things but a lot of things were mediocre at best
    It wasn't perfect, but the dungeons, raids and artifact storylines were all amazing in my opinion. The new features, such as the mage tower and M+ revolutionized instanced content that revolves around 1 player or a small group of 5 of them. Classes felt amazing to play too. The legendaries were the one big controversy of the expansion.

Here's my crackpot theory happening with 10.0: The Azeroth that we return to has at least every race being able to be any class. I could speculate further, but color my shocked if that doesn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It wasn't perfect, but the dungeons, raids and artifact storylines were all amazing in my opinion. The new features, such as the mage tower and M+ revolutionized instanced content that revolves around 1 player or a small group of 5 of them. Classes felt amazing to play too. The legendaries were the one big controversy of the expansion.
    some dungeons, some raids and some artifacts were good.

by example, all warrior artifacts sucked ass