Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    There's no point "discussing" with you anymore. You are explicitly told it's not about if I can do it but that it would be suboptimal to not go through the borrowed power systems and you'd be considered a jerk by many guilds on top otherwise and you insist "nah: you just can't do it".

    So it's pretty clear your true purpose here is not the truth; you just want to say "I'm pro and you are noob"; it's a typical "argument" in gaming forums so I'm not that surprised.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Irrelevant, we're not talking about farm only, but generally (which includes progress).
    progression ended months ago. discussing it now is highly irrelevant. You're either done or behind and both sides do not matter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Nope, they are not telling you they're "pro; I can do without" they are telling you "the difference is so fucking small that only pros (=world first raiders) actually need and benefit from 1 more rank of conduits". The jerk here is you.
    joke is the pros did it with 226/239

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    progression ended months ago. discussing it now is highly irrelevant.
    I'm very surprised I have to explain this. This is a general discussion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the current tier (in isolation) because it applies ....generally to all tiers (as long as borrowed powers exist).
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The "time limit" of the maw was just a complete crap idea. I don't want some arbitrary "ok, you've played enough today, come back tomorrow" mechanic in place.
    Timelimit on maw was great, cause you could lose something or need to know where you are going. and at the beginning it feels like a scarry place to be.

    In 9.1 the maw transformed in a boring daylie zone.

    Overall chore content is okay, would be great if they just implement other ways to grind.

    Like i get 1 renown for a level 8 thirgast run that i can finish in 3-4 minutes. But i also get 1 renown for a win in RBG, that takes mostly 30-40 minutes (with grouping). Arena at all dont give me any renown.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I have 8 characters that I run primarily M+ with and I've never done a single Korthia daily. I've got at least KSM on each of them. I don't raid. On a few toons, I'm completing +20 keys which I think is a pretty good cut off for the amount of time investment I have in the game. Would it be nice to have fully maxed Condies/gem sockets? Sure. But is it necessary? Absolutely not. Do a lot of players overstate the relevance of this "chore" content and use that as an excuse for not simply playing better? The world may never know...
    ????? a comment with sence on the forum? Never thought I would live to see the day. The amount of people that overstate this importance is the majority I would say and spreads across all different 'skill levels'. Its like this bicycle meme (Google it): their own mindset and the way to view it makes them resentful when thats not the reality.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by HASELHOOF93 View Post
    ????? a comment with sence on the forum? Never thought I would live to see the day. The amount of people that overstate this importance is the majority I would say and spreads across all different 'skill levels'. Its like this bicycle meme (Google it): their own mindset and the way to view it makes them resentful when thats not the reality.
    No. Most of these forum posts are strawman rants that talk against imaginary people. E.g. if I say to them: "even if the benefit is minor: it's a jerk move to tell to your guild "I don't need that buf; I'm a good player; it's the other bad players in here that cause the wipes" because you don't get the basic math of cumulative benefits" then they will respond here with "YOU ARE A NOOB AND YOU DON'T GET THOSE BENEFITS ARE SMALL AND YOU'RE A BAD PLAYER SO LEARN TO PLAY LIKE ME THAT IS A PRO" because the true purpose of some people isn't the truth but to pretend they are pro in case someone believes them (a common symptom of narcissism which is very common in gaming forums mainly because of immaturity between their younger members).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-11-26 at 07:37 AM.
    "If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public." xskarma, global moderator off mmo-champion, defender of democracy

  6. #186
    You expect blizzard to design content that feels fresh though 8 hours a day for some months between patches? of course there has to be chores, but they need to focus on making sure there is fun to be had in those chores, and not just... chores.

    But yeah, a few alternative systems are nice, but i guess they might be afraid of people gearing too quickly and quitting.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic111 View Post
    Dailies and rares. These things are not fun at all because there are no stakes. At least in the maw you were sort of time capped so there was an aspect of strategy(you didn't have the option to simply waste your day doing every possible thing).

    This kind of content needs to be given an alternative. I want the chance to defeat a difficult opponent or do a time limit quest. I want a chance at more than what the easy slow content gives at the cost of possibly failing and getting much less than what the slow content gives. The fact that the game has no-stakes chores is always the fundamental thing that puts me off and makes me stop playing because thats not a real video game and i know it and i feel like an idiot for "playing" it.

    Blizzard wonder's why they don't get respect. It's because they disrespect a huge part of the player base every time they log in wanting to play a video game and are instead given chores.

    Pretty much welcome to 15 years ago when dailies were introduced as a way to stave off player boredom while waiting for next content or farm for god/consumables before raid times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •