Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not sure wow players could adapt to this kind of change. A large number of wow players play wow less as a game and more of a weird fulfillment fix. It isn't so much that they want gameplay rather they want a reward for doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    ANYTHING that gives player power that affects gameplay, should only be given from activities that require skill.

Anything that requires mindless grinding should be restricted to mounts and other cosmetics.

Agree completely. And this is why i HATED Legion. It was HELL ON EARTH to play even OFF SPEC. not to mention alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Agree completely. And this is why i HATED Legion. It was HELL ON EARTH to play even OFF SPEC. not to mention alts...
    It was hell on earth to play main spec. I was a fire mage and the meme of the time was that all other specs were nerfed and the best legendary was a specific one that you must get from world drops of like 0.1% chance.

I didn't get it for weeks as many others; it was a main reason I unsubbed back then; I heard they changed it later but it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How is that different to what i said? 2000s games made us grow up with grinding and grouping up, 2010 games are literally the opposite with a mix of cash shop/skins etc, there is a massive cultural difference there.

WoW can be blamed to not adapting enough, they made it easier for everyone to experience the endgame in different difficulties, but they did not provide a storyline, which is what this new type of "Gamers" thinks WoW is about,. since it was RPG in the name.
    The problem is not the difficulty levels. The problem are the rewards tied to difficulty levels: take a random arpg: the lowest difficulty level will let you gib everything but the rewards won’t be that much worse of the highest difficulty level and you’ll eventually build a top notch char, it only requires some more time. You can switch the slider at your will.

WoW cares only about group activity, possibly not with strangers. It’s fine since it’s a mmorpg after all, but it’s really difficult to keep youngsters sticked with a slow progression. Repetitive and boring activities do work only if there is constant progression (arpgs) or if the content is fun enough not to care about rewards (battle royale), WoW has zero content in both cases because devs are too worried not to hurt the so called “pro” sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It was hell on earth to play main spec. I was a fire mage and the meme of the time was that all other specs were nerfed and the best legendary was a specific one that you must get from world drops of like 0.1% chance.

I didn't get it for weeks as many others; it was a main reason I unsubbed back then; I heard they changed it later but it was too late.
    Indeed.
    I got my bis legendary at the end of TOS.

Really, REALLY bad system. Yet people glorify Legion as best exp. I really dont get it.

Indeed.

Really, REALLY bad system. Yet people glorify Legion as best exp. I really dont get it.
    Because for the people that didn't have any problems with it after EN it was a good expansion.
    The grindable currency should've been a thing from the first moment but that doesn't change the fact that the legendary weapon and legendary equipment was fun to play with.
    Especially when multiple legendaries were a thing in.... Nighthold? At least that's where I remember using the Necklace over a second(?) DPS legendary.

The BFA equipment-system for example was "troublesome" throughout the whole expansion.

And Legion had quite interesting open world content.
    Suramar was great, so were the Invasions, the Order Hall, the weapon lore and scenarios. The additional abilities you could unlock etc. etc.

It really was way more than just "legendary powers". It introduced M+ as well... which is another big reason why it's a great expansion.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-26 at 10:24 PM.

Indeed.

LEGION was released on August 30, 2016 and till Sept/Oct 2017 you could casually get all of your 26 class legendarys for every spec and every neutral one aswell.

Since the order for the drops was random and the spec priority was introduced to late for the regular players, you could have extreme bad luck and get your BiS legendaries after TOS release.

But at that point the neutral legendaries had multiple buffs, so it was not that big of a deal.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Because for the people that didn't have any problems with it after EN it was a good expansion.
    The grindable currency should've been a thing from the first moment but that doesn't change the fact that the legendary weapon and legendary equipment was fun to play with.
    Especially when multiple legendaries were a thing in.... Nighthold? At least that's where I remember using the Necklace over a second(?) DPS legendary.

The BFA equipment-system for example was "troublesome" throughout the whole expansion.

And Legion had quite interesting open world content.
    Suramar was great, so were the Invasions, the Order Hall, the weapon lore and scenarios. The additional abilities you could unlock etc. etc.

It really was way more than just "legendary powers". It introduced M+ as well... which is another big reason why it's a great expansion.

Or, instead of grindable "legendary" items (awarded from normal dungeon boss kill lol)- we could have MOP Glyphs?

BFA was WONDERFUL.......... UNTIL ESSENCES came. It was shit grind fest + unbalanced AF during 8.2. And then corruptions came as last nail in the coffin.

Can't agree with "interesting open world content". But I did like faster WQs than what we have right now.

I liked questlines from the Order Hall (even tho some were retarded (paladin for example)).

About M+ - not such a great fan. Even tho I'm 2.5k rio on my main- still dislike it. I pref CMs way over M+. But that's just personal opinion.
    Mainly hate M+ because it introduced that HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ilvl inflation per patch. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    LEGION was released on August 30, 2016 and till Sept/Oct 2017 you could casually get all of your 26 class legendarys for every spec and every neutral one aswell.

Since the order for the drops was random and the spec priority was introduced to late for the regular players, you could have extreme bad luck and get your BiS legendaries after TOS release.

But at that point the neutral legendaries had multiple buffs, so it was not that big of a deal.

Was not a big deal?

Cool. Say that to my ret who played with 'cheat death' legendary until end of TOS.
    And AP grind? Completely destroyed pvp/pve gearing? Yeah... nope.