Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya no the things that are right are just low hanging fruit you could find people talking about in the threads on about wow and there are obvious wrong things like allied races in the shop, and every thing about diablo3 and starcraft is bull and I don't follow hearthstone or over watch but id assume those are bull to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol 960k

We all can be fairly sure that WoW doesn’t have the peak of its numbers from, say, Wrath, but 960k is unrealistically low. The rest of this reads like fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    What? Why? Make the Alliance ones broken OP so that we have exactly the same problem in reverse...? Glad none of you are designing the game, yikes
    My point is about making Racials balanced when both factions have a near-equal population, and not when one already has 60% while the other has 40%.

Anyway, it's pointless to argue about it, the game population nowadays isn't big enough to sustain two factions, Cross-faction PVE and guilds are the only way out of this mess unless Blizzard wanna see one faction dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean, this isn't a leak, this is something everyone can imagine is happening and other angry nonsenses.

especially the things with Danusuer, this would explain why Sylvanas acted in one way in her own book and did a 180° in the expansion, contradicting herself and her own inner monologue about her motivations. Not rly a leak, you kinda know seeing the state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    True there is also the "wishlist versus barebones" deal. Like this one is just as random but seems far more believable.

But even then theres confirmation bias but at the same time people expect things because of inferring from patterns that might be patterns for a reason so they can be guesses, total horse shit or the truth and we never know till after the fact. But folks love to speculate of course.
    TBH while it's not as silly as the OP's leak, it's not much more believable to me. The whole "reputation is tarnished beyond belief" nonsense is lifted straight from trying to read the room on Reddit or whatever, in the industry there are soooo many people looking for work that Blizzard's "tarnished" reputation isn't a significant factor. That they lost people due to uncompetitive salaries and scandals isn't far-fetched, that it's made them unable to even make games is a pants on head idiotic claim and the guy even covers himself by going "oh but it might take years!".

Nobody knows what's actually happening at Blizzard except people who work there, and I'd wager very, very few people will even think of risking their careers by bad mouthing their (possibly) former employer online, even through anonymity.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya no the things that are right are just low hanging fruit you could find people talking about in the threads on about wow and there are obvious wrong things like allied races in the shop, and every thing about diablo3 and starcraft is bull and I don't follow hearthstone or over watch but id assume those are bull to.
    the allied race thing maybe something they just changed mind later, people were not rly talking about a lot of those, and majority was sure vulpera would not be allied race because they are a brand new race, not an subrace of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Lol 960k

We all can be fairly sure that WoW doesn’t have the peak of its numbers from, say, Wrath, but 960k is unrealistically low. The rest of this reads like fan fiction.
    Is it really? These numbers are very generous for monthly active users charts for popular games. The numbers sold by Blizzard during its peak years were suspicious considering the availability of PCs, word of mouth and the Internet at the time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the allied race thing maybe something they just changed mind later, people were not rly talking about a lot of those, and majority was sure vulpera would not be allied race because they are a brand new race, not an subrace of others.
    Vulpera was pinged as being an allied race at day one of Bfa, just ignore the fact that the article was updated and used later and read the comments and dates.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ulpera-Preview

things like lvl squish and such also talked about before this leak.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yeah but you'll be able to redo the DiD race questline!!! /s

Level squish coming in 9.0 bois.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

if there is ANY truth to this then 10.0 will be the actual death of wow. but i dont predict blizzard would be THAT foolish. (i can hope right?)

Danuser stuff is probably real. Everything else probably not lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only good part of this thread is reading the replies of those who think what the OP posted is 100% legit.

Heard the moon isn't real and that the earth is flat, saw it on reddit must be true!

10+ Year Old Account
    We know some of these things are objectivelly false:

1. Sylvannas's Novel has been done for some time now.

2. We know the fruit bowl thing was somethign requested by the employees, not the higher ups.

3. We know for a fact the Ion read a lot of the feedback and sometimes even responds to it. Has he listened to us? I would argue that he did not, but he is not isolated in his bubble.

4. For better or for worse, we also know that most of the people working on WoW's development team, are somehow proud to be on it. So this "General discontent" is silly to say the least.

5. We also know that blizzard is literally expanding WoW's development team. That means that content production is not slowing down, so this "no new expansion after 10.0" is silly.

Seems to me that any average person with a twitter account could literally see that this is a pile of bullshit. Honestly. Blizzard is not worth defending right now, why are you guys making me do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    I wonder if these "leakers" feel stupid when their "leak" is ultimately proven false? I mean, your made-up BS has a very limited shelf life. Do you like feeling like an idiot when everybody points and laughs at you when it's inevitably proven wrong?
    Nobody cares because almost no one remember the fake leaks.

Don't get me wrong, I love to speculate on some leaks. But leaks about the company are almost 100% wrong. Leaks about it's contents though, those might be true.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

This reads like a bad fanfiction from that no life dude from the South Park Warcraft episode.

Also that season shit sounds like the most horrible idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    We know some of these things are objectivelly false:

1. Sylvannas's Novel has been done for some time now.

2. We know the fruit bowl thing was somethign requested by the employees, not the higher ups.

3. We know for a fact the Ion read a lot of the feedback and sometimes even responds to it. Has he listened to us? I would argue that he did not, but he is not isolated in his bubble.

4. For better or for worse, we also know that most of the people working on WoW's development team, are somehow proud to be on it. So this "General discontent" is silly to say the least.

5. We also know that blizzard is literally expanding WoW's development team. That means that content production is not slowing down, so this "no new expansion after 10.0" is silly.

Seems to me that any average person with a twitter account could literally see that this is a pile of bullshit. Honestly. Blizzard is not worth defending right now, why are you guys making me do it?

2. We have been "told", with no way to actually verify that. So scratch that.
    3. We actually don't. "Reading" a feedback and actually thinking about feedback is two different things. One does not exclude the other.
    4. This is something we also have no clue. Scratch that.
    5. We have been told. "Expanding" might also mean replacing people that left.

Now that if you traveled back in time ~1y and made a thread on MMOC revealing all the current shitstorms about lawsuit, scandals, etc people would call you a copium huffing glue sniffing drug addict and laughed their ass off. And yet here we are...

Im not saying its true, couldn't care less but you dismissing under yet another assumption that blizzard is telling 100% full truth.

Anyways it was fun to read, ultimately ship has been abandoned so... well...
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

This is as fake as it can go. Just wasted my time reading lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    2. We have been "told", with no way to actually verify that. So scratch that.
    3. We actually don't. "Reading" a feedback and actually thinking about feedback is two different things. One does not exclude the other.
    4. This is something we also have no clue. Scratch that.
    5. We have been told. "Expanding" might also mean replacing people that left.

Now that if you traveled back in time ~1y and made a thread on MMOC revealing all the current shitstorms about lawsuit, scandals, etc people would call you a copium huffing glue sniffing drug addict and laughed their ass off. And yet here we are...

Im not saying its true, couldn't care less but you dismissing under yet another assumption that blizzard is telling 100% full truth.

Anyways it was fun to read, ultimately ship has been abandoned so... well...
    2. We actually have, SEVERAL members of the team have publicly said so.
    3. But it does. The leak clearly says that Ion is oblivious to anything outside his bubble. Which he is not, since he interacts with it.
    4. Again, we have a clue. We know that the WoW team was rallied behind Ion during the sexual harassment things. We also know bcause several members of the development team says exactly that in almost all social media, that they are proud of what is to come and to work in WoW.
    5. Again, no, Brian Holinka explicitly said that they were not replacement jobs, but expanding the team. (the tweet was deleted but here is some source.)

https://pt.wowhead.com/news/blizzard...ree-new-323682

I am dismissing it because it goes against reality. Can I be wrong? Of course, but honestly? This leak reads like fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    2. We actually have, SEVERAL members of the team have publicly said so.
    3. But it does. The leak clearly says that Ion is oblivious to anything outside his bubble. Which he is not, since he interacts with it.
    4. Again, we have a clue. We know that the WoW team was rallied behind Ion during the sexual harassment things. We also know bcause several members of the development team says exactly that in almost all social media, that they are proud of what is to come and to work in WoW.
    5. Again, no, Brian Holinka explicitly said that they were not replacement jobs, but expanding the team. (the tweet was deleted but here is some source.)

https://pt.wowhead.com/news/blizzard...ree-new-323682

I am dismissing it because it goes against reality. Can I be wrong? Of course, but honestly? This leak reads like fan fiction.
    2. It really does not prove as absolutely any evidence. Also does not contradict in any way what OP said.
    3. Read leak again: He is generally oblivious to anything outside his bubble. Or doesn't care.
    Which is absolutely plausible
    4. So you don't. You forgot that most of the old crew left. As well as plenty of employees that doesn't use twitter to convey their feelings.
    5. LOL. Tweet was deleted You hear a lot of corporate misleading bullshit like that.
    Recruiting one guy -> "Expanding team"

Have you worked for bigger companies? Something tells me you didn't. I work as a contract partner for one bigger company and believe me when i say it, lots of shit and fuckups happens around.

I have way worse horror stories well with the exception of suicide but nothing in that leak seems absurd.

Let me translate that for you:

1. We have fire under our ass but boss doesn't seem to care and tells us to fix it.
    2. Board team is thinking about new ways to earn money (nothing new)
    3. There is one problematic lead who act like diva
    4. Our product is actually worse than we advertise it
    5. There are some absurd ideas how to further develop a product flying around.
    6. We are trying to check what competition is doing

Thats the first post in nutshell written without poetic drama.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-11-16 at 04:46 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    2. It really does not prove as absolutely any evidence. Also does not contradict in any way what OP said.
    3. Read leak again: He is generally oblivious to anything outside his bubble. Or doesn't care.
    Which is absolutely plausible
    4. So you don't. You forgot that most of the old crew left. As well as plenty of employees that doesn't use twitter to convey their feelings.
    5. LOL. Tweet was deleted You hear a lot of corporate misleading bullshit like that.
    Recruiting one guy -> "Expanding team"

Have you worked for bigger companies? Something tells me you didn't. I work as a contract partner for one bigger company and believe me when i say it, lots of shit and fuckups happens around.

I have way worse horror stories well with the exception of suicide but nothing in that leak seems absurd.
    Dude.

2. It does. It was a literally an initiative created by the developers, not the higher ups, the leak said that it caused general friction because it was used to wave away problems. It was not. It was a separate initiative.
    3.Yeah, sure. Does not care. That is why so many changes are coming and he literally puts himself in the line of fire. But fine, I can give you this one.
    4. But plenty do. Actually, a LOT do. People like to work on WoW. People hate the pay and the culture. But they like their teams. You seem to disregard any statement that does not corroborate to the leak.
    5. Dude, Holinka's tweet are set to be deleted every other month. And the posting had like, 15 jobs.

I have indeed worked for bigger companies, in fact, I worked in the vivendi group for a a year (An Ad Agency for the group, so no, no connections whatsoever).

I don't know man, misspelling the name of the patch, being wrong about the book and Golden's knowledge seems pretty absurd to me and putting the blame on people that the community wants to blame seems pretty fishy to me. But hey, who am I right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Vulpera was pinged as being an allied race at day one of Bfa, just ignore the fact that the article was updated and used later and read the comments and dates.
    it was, but nobody believed they would made it, neither they were going to be paired with mechagnomes.

the leak was spot on in many things

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, if you want the leak to be truth, several people need to be wrong/lying. And it is kinda wild that you think that 15+ verified people are wrong just so one anonymous person in 4 chan can be right.

To say that is unlikely is an understatement.