Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mostly when im LF for arenamates you get invited, they queue asap with any "hello" or anything. Match starts and still noone is talking/writing. Mostly im the one who is asking for tactics/killtarget or something.

And cause u can play with all players in EU/US most people dont give a fck about anything.

I just have the feeling that you can play for fun, with "noobs" who thinking like me, or with "elite" people that acting like b1tches but at least you can push some rating. I want both, but i guess you need to decide for one side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Can any regular pvpers explain why the first kill win condition exists? Is it purely to stop the remaining players turtling and dragging the loss out? Rogues stealthing etc?
    Because 9/10 Games are lost, when your teammate is dead. Ofc you COULD turn, or rezz your mate or something, but thats very unlikely and something happens on low rating more often, then on higher mmr.

But in the end its just to speed up the match

Just give us proper solo q. I really don't get it. The vast majority of people that play arena just play with randoms anyways and even there they have reservations etc.
    People will know that your rating will be affected much more by randomness, it's fine.

For once, just give the playerbase what they've asked for without if's and obvious drawbacks. I wanna spam arenas without having to build "relationships" with people I might never again play with and I don't wanna spend a long time searching for arena mates, because many will just leave when you lose 1 game.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-11-17 at 04:11 PM.

A very good experiment, very positive.
    I have some reservations about the expected time investment, as the "first blood" requirement heavily favors careful play.

Personally i would offer it in both 2v2 soloshuffle and 3v3SS, as this would allow people go control their time investment better, additionally i would play around with the victory conditions a bit more.

One option i would consider is to just add two options there too: One victory condition being first blood, the other being a time limit. Scoring for the time limit would be iffy, but one could consider treating it as a boxing match of sorts by awarding/detracting points for such things as:
    - kills
    - surviving near-death
    - prolongued pressure (keeping someone under a certain threshold of HP)
    - extreme spike damage (this implies a well executed combo or teamplay... assuming no egregious balancing issues)
    - etcetera

So yeah, great experiment, would love to see them be more public about the results of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Just give us proper solo q. I really don't get it. The vast majority of people that play arena just play with randoms anyways and even there they have reservations etc.
    People will know that your rating will be affected much more by randomness, it's fine.

For once, just give the playerbase what they've asked for without if's and obvious drawbacks. I wanna spam arenas without having to build "relationships" with people I might never again play with and I don't wanna spend a long time searching for arena mates, because many will just leave when you lose 1 game.
    My exact experience.

We will watch your career with great interest.
    <Taps Solo Shuffle at the shoulder and moves on.>

Healers are gonna get trained... They should probably add something to deter just training healers. And this is probably gonna be seen as a crazy idea but... something like adding a 20% damage reduction or damage reflection that that ticks down to zero over 45secs or something. Just some kind of **deterrent**... Otherwise, this queue will struggle to find healers after healers discover this problem.

Blizzard, you idiot, I don't like 3v3 not one bit. Why the hell would you enforce something in a game that has a mindset of "diversity and choice" ?

There are people that say 3v3 is actually true arena and that 2v2 is crap. I don't care, good for them, give them 3v3. But I have never playerd 3v3 serious and when I did, I never enjoyed it. Can't you actually listen to your comunity, and when you do, actually not try to always do this: We listened ... and we give you this "something else that no one asked in forums etc" ?

It is an idea they can try. I recommend a lot of testing because I do not agree with the first kill wins idea, but lets see.

knew they would only add solo queue in a "novel" way, just another brawl you play slightly and forget about probably

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Sounds good so far. But i hope 1,8k Soloq gives me the same upgrades as 1,8 normal Arenas. With the toxicity and big pool of players its just hard to find a mate and push some rating.
    Hit me up bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sodavaii View Post
    Hit me up bro
    I guess u are on US, im EU (German) Player