Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The fuck? You actually think this is reasonable?
    You don't? They are walking about Blizzard knowing some guy they may have never seen and has made no effort to say hello is the new boss? You think that is normal? I have never work anywhere when a new boss took over and never made an effort to meet the employees.

    Ybarra - Hey Bob. Tell the art team i will pop in at 10am for a quick how do you do.
    Bob - Sure thing boss!

    Your 20 mins per each employee is worse fiction than the Shadowlands story line.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You don't? They are walking about Blizzard knowing some guy they may have never seen and has made no effort to say hello is the new boss? You think that is normal? I have never work anywhere when a new boss took over and never made an effort to meet the employees.

    Ybarra - Hey Bob. Tell the art team i will pop in at 10am for a quick how do you do.
    Bob - Sure thing boss!

    Your 20 mins per each employee is worse fiction than the Shadowlands story line.
    Obviously there are more efficient ways to do meet and greets, I was responding to a singular suggestion which seemed particularly time consuming. None of that has anything to do with "defending Blizzard" or whatever the fuck though.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  3. #343
    Devs thinking they're mightier than they are. Leaders not giving a shit about anyone but themselves. Sounds like Blizz bein Blizz. Let them all fight to the death then fire whoever wins.

  4. #344
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That would be a huge win for Sony. They get another almost exclusive without having to pay for it.
    Sony Group Corp.’s PlayStation Chief Jim Ryan sent a similar note to staff, writing that he and his leadership were “disheartened and frankly stunned to read” that Activision “has not done enough to address a deep-seated culture of discrimination and harassment.”
    Sounds like xbox and sony are in agreement here.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Sounds like xbox and sony are in agreement here.
    Yet they’re both still going to allow Activision and Blizzard games on their platforms. So long as they get out those e-mails and company letters that they don’t endorse AB’s actions while continuing to endorse those actions by keeping those games for their systems, I guess.

    Microsoft actually stated they will look at company dealings going forward, but I doubt that means PlayStation nor Xbox are going to keep CoD, Sekiro, or Bloodbourne off their systems.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I didn't miss the point. I just demonstrated how absurd the logic is. IF you need the boss to come in and kiss your rear to do your job, that is a you problem, not a sign of a bad bass because they don't.
    Then why do you say things like do you need your boss to kiss your rear? When that has nothing to do with it.

    We were talking about a freaking introduction my friend and followed up into how my experience was because I work at a pretty big company as well and yes it does work. Depends how they do it.

    The example was during covid btw.. which was me demostrating how it could work as a motivator, which I already explained. This was a choice from the ceo were I work.
    If I realy need to explain to you what it does to people during covid on the floor then you have been living under a rock last 2 years.

    Your view seems.. limited.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-11-18 at 11:21 PM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Again, it does not matter if Jen did or did not introduce herself. He is the leader as well.

    You are saying like he was hired for that. It was mentioned and people quickly latched on to it but he was not considered for the position because he was a WoW player, I mean, unless you have info on his hiring, which is unlikely.

    If you read the thread, you would have seem that I have had experience similar to this one, and some people agree with me. And I dont see SEVERAL people disagreeing with me, just a few.

    But since you did not bother to read it, let me spell it out for you.

    I have worked in several large companies, including one in the vivendi group, and everytime there was a change in leadership, like a new CEO or any high ranking leader, they would introduce themselves to everyone. 100% of the time. Sometimes is just a quick 10-20 minute speech. Sometimes is something more involved. But it happened every time. You asked for experience? There you have it.

    But the team is falling apart even if the person has not said it, because we can see the general discontent. We can see people leaving, we can see, people completely dissatisfied with Blizz treatment of employees. Hell, there is over 500 complaints/lawsuits. This is not a sign of a healthy team. So yeah, it is not looking good for the team since their moral is basically negative right now. And here is the thing, he has not introduced himself to Q&A and the WoW team as well. You seem to want to argue for the sake of it, because in the thread linked you can clearly see that is not just one person complaining and its not like he just did not introduce himself to one dev or one team. He has not done a general introduction at all until today.

    You seem to want to take part in this discussion. Great. But you need information to discuss it properly. You should not read a couple of replies and believe that you know every info. Until you do, I do see the point in interacting any further.

    I don't think Mike Ybarra is a bad person, or even a bad leader for that matter. IMHO though, it was a blunder that it took 3 months for him to introduce himself. Of course, I'm not there, so maybe I am missing something crucial. But I cannot see plausible excuse for this, specially in the situation Blizzard find itself in.

    And one last important thing, even if he had introduced himself to the WoW team, he is not the WoW Leader. He is Blizzard's Leader.
    It does matter because she was also the leader dude..... It may also mean there was a reason they hadn't introduced themselves yet.

    He was hired because he was a business guy that they could say was really into WoW. You also don't know so why would you claim it wasn't a reason when its been broadcasted since day one. It's not something that was hidden that was found out later. You would have to be dense to think they hired Jen for the job because she was a woman developer and yet didn't consider that the not a real dev but a businessman should be a gamer to appease gamers worried that the suits are taking over. And he isn't just a gamer he is a gamer that play's their major game at a high level.

    You've had several people disagreeing with you.

    And during that change in leadership how did they introduce themselves? Was it in person? Was it during a pandemic? Was it at a time when half the company hated them because they thought it should have only been a woman in charge?

    The team is falling apart even if the person didn't say it? You are talking about tons of different teams and complaints from before he was in charge.

    And how would it have looked if he did introduce himself to everyone and Jen didn't? That he was the real leader? He literally just had his co lead leave and now has to do both jobs. You really think saying hi to everyone is more important than actually dealing with shit thats going on?

    You say I need info to discuss properly and yet you don't. You just assume shit to support your view.

    And your last sentence is my point. You (and I) have no clue whats going on. Maybe he was sitting in his office all day selling raids cause he knew Blizzard is doomed, maybe he was doing other shit that was more important than introducing himself to everyone when you have no idea if those people are going to be there next week either cause you gotta fire them or cause they wanted Bobby out but he told them to fuck off. There are plenty of plausible excuses, like Bobby having them both wait, so much shit going on he's busy putting out fires elsewhere, hostile employees out for blood, etc....

    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he couldn't have been just fucking off and not giving a shit I'm just saying you can't know for sure so stop saying it as the truth.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I didn't miss the point. I just demonstrated how absurd the logic is. IF you need the boss to come in and kiss your rear to do your job, that is a you problem, not a sign of a bad bass because they don't.
    You actually missed the point. Because its completely the other way around.

    As a boss you want to check on your employees at least once in a while to see how things are going, unless you are shit businessman that doesn't care about business.
    Then again things like that happen.

    Like a truck driver that never maintains his truck and when it inevitably breaks down completely - its 1000 miles from home.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  9. #349
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,332
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You actually missed the point. Because its completely the other way around.

    As a boss you want to check on your employees at least once in a while to see how things are going, unless you are shit businessman that doesn't care about business.
    Then again things like that happen.

    Like a truck driver that never maintains his truck and when it inevitably breaks down completely - its 1000 miles from home.
    Isn't that what the managers would be for? With them then reporting to higher ups?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Isn't that what the managers would be for? With them then reporting to higher ups?
    Managers do that way more often but in world of business there is one thing: never fully trust anyone. And if you ever want to get full picture you gotta check yourself (well if you care bout your business at least).

    How are you going to tell if managers are 100% accurate with their reports and not try to feed you with buzzwords like "work has been going smoothly"? You will hire managers for managers and end up with management hell?

    And I am not saying you have to meet every single employee, literally a couple of randoms from a department usually does the trick. Quick stroll around the office to see for yourself is also good idea cause seeing is believing.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  11. #351
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,332
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Managers do that way more often but in world of business there is one thing: never fully trust anyone. And if you ever want to get full picture you gotta check yourself (well if you care bout your business at least).

    How are you going to tell if managers are 100% accurate with their reports and not try to feed you with buzzwords like "work has been going smoothly"? You will hire managers for managers and end up with management hell?

    And I am not saying you have to meet every single employee, literally a couple of randoms from a department usually does the trick. Quick stroll around the office to see for yourself is also good idea cause seeing is believing.

    Ok and there are reports he has met with some of the devs. So whats the issue? People have posted tweets from devs saying he has met with them and others.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  12. #352
    About Ibarra and his "overly excessive sitting" in Mythic+. Brought it up before, but I'll do it again to seal the deal, so to say.
    Here's his main: https://raider.io/characters/us/onyxia/Qwik

    One or two dungeons (compare with other members of his guild who have three or more) a day and still-unfinished Sanctum (three bosses still not killed, almost everyone at the top of his guild have them killed). Most of the clears are in the evenings (around 19-20 hours).

    It doesn't add up.

    His still not updated Twitch-account (20 days since the last stream, still writes "co-leader", in almost every stream at the end begins to get very dark, which coincides with the time of cleaning dungeons on raider.io) can also attribute.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They are walking about Blizzard knowing some guy they may have never seen and has made no effort to say hello is the new boss? You think that is normal?
    yes it is... for all the management changes ive encountered during my worklife ONE sent a video about his history (bcs he was completely new to the company) and goals, rest of them never did, we got e-mail from HR saying "hello, this guy is leaving, this guy will take over his position as of this date" and that was it...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Sounds like xbox and sony are in agreement here.
    and im 99% sure they dont mind to continue working with blizz, they just seen opportunity for good PR and better position for negotiation of deals...
    this have nothing to do with what happened and all to do with money

  14. #354
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and im 99% sure they dont mind to continue working with blizz, they just seen opportunity for good PR and better position for negotiation of deals...
    this have nothing to do with what happened and all to do with money
    I'm not making a claim either way what either company will do. Only that they both put out similar statements about this, and that it wasn't just xbox.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm not making a claim either way what either company will do. Only that they both put out similar statements about this, and that it wasn't just xbox.
    fair point, although it would look bad if one would and the other wouldnt as they are kinda direct competition when it comes to consoles "war"
    and im sure they wont be last, everyone working with blizz in anyway will do so, its easy way to get good PR without actualy doing anything

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You don't? They are walking about Blizzard knowing some guy they may have never seen and has made no effort to say hello is the new boss? You think that is normal? I have never work anywhere when a new boss took over and never made an effort to meet the employees.

    Ybarra - Hey Bob. Tell the art team i will pop in at 10am for a quick how do you do.
    Bob - Sure thing boss!

    Your 20 mins per each employee is worse fiction than the Shadowlands story line.
    Hell no I dont. Ive never worked for a company where the boss of it personally meets with people for this. It is usually done via mass email or video message.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    lol..

    I know you will say anything to defend anything Blizz does but this is amazing. In the real world the a new boss schedules meeting with the various teams and gives them the 'Speech'. Sure it may take a few weeks with thousands of employees but he should have made the effort.Guy has been there for months and he never glad handed one person?
    A couple of things, he has been there 3 month, 3month during a pandemic where most of the teams have been working from home, and he has been meeting teams, he has talked about meetings on twitter and devs have actually confirmed that they talked to him.

    And Devs have confirmed that he joined them for the first walkout, so he probably have not meet with everyone yet, but the part that he havent meet anyone is pretty much confirmed to not be true.

    Not that a Producer at a studio over in Los Angeles would know who the boss which work over in Irvine have and have not meet.

    Would actually be really wierd and stalker level if a producer actually keept track on their boss to that level that they knew everyone the boss had meet with.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Wierd 12aug he becomes co leader for Blizzard

    20 aug on he's Twitter
    Had a meeting today with the team @Blizzard_Ent that does cinematics, story, audio, and creative. This team has impacted me, as a player, in so many ways over the years. Was a bit awestruck in the meeting.

    And devs confiming they meet with him.

    And been posting updates on both Diablo and Overwatch so i quess he have to have talked to someone for the information.

    So just look at he's twitter and you will find evidence he has talked to devs maybe just not everyone.
    I think it's obvious that the Overwatch Karen is lying, Ybarra even said he attended the walkout recently.

    What the Karen mean is that Ybarra haven't introduced himself to the Overwatch team (or to her, because she think she's that important).

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You actually missed the point. Because its completely the other way around.

    As a boss you want to check on your employees at least once in a while to see how things are going, unless you are shit businessman that doesn't care about business.
    Then again things like that happen.

    Like a truck driver that never maintains his truck and when it inevitably breaks down completely - its 1000 miles from home.
    in small company ? for sure

    in huge corporation ? thats what middle management is hired and paid for .

    this situation is nicely showing how huge misconception people have about how games are develped. and how little devs have to say in anything regarding the direction game has taken .

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    in small company ? for sure

    in huge corporation ? thats what middle management is hired and paid for .

    this situation is nicely showing how huge misconception people have about how games are develped. and how little devs have to say in anything regarding the direction game has taken .
    No, you are wrong.

    Size of company is irrelevant, the only thing that changes is the frequency of inspections, the bigger the company is, the less frequent inspections would be.

    Blizzard is prime example of what happens when "paid middle management" doesnt know shit what is happening on lower tier (or lies about it). Board directors have no clue what is going on anywhere and lower tier employees have no clue what their management even does.

    Your argument falls apart on simple fact that people can't be fully trusted, no matter if you pay them or not. If you want to leave things to other people while blindly trusting them be prepared to get same problem blizzard has.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •