Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah dude, I have no idea what you're on about but the decision to add the store wasn't that complicated. Blizzard realized they could make a metric fuck ton of money with the subscription model so the natural evolution of that model is "hey, why not more?"
    They realised it long ago but the cash shop was carefully introduced in the game with very slow pacing. They mostly put not very interesting stuff there but with the release of this new set which arguably surpasses tier drops in visual quality is a turning point. That's why people must complain as much as possible to turn around this decision. We have seen such things working in the gaming industry.

My point was that if we allow this to happen, the game will slowly turn into another f2p project with low quality milking the playerbase. And that would be very bad for the game which survived for 15 years on mostly honest pay system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    They realised it long ago but the cash shop was carefully introduced in the game with very slow pacing. They mostly put not very interesting stuff there but with the release of this new set which arguably surpasses tier drops in visual quality is a turning point. That's why people must complain as much as possible to turn around this decision. We have seen such things working in the gaming industry.

My point was that if we allow this to happen, the game will slowly turn into another f2p project with low quality milking the playerbase. And that would be very bad for the game which survived for 15 years on mostly honest pay system.
    It's not a "F2P model" because WoW is not a F2P game. And the store has been around longer than the store hasn't been around at this point so you're wrong again on that second point. I don't like the subscription model, I don't like the store either. But I find it exceptionally hypocritical when people gladly fork over $15/mo for a game then slam the same company for optional bullshit being available to its customers. You're either in support of all of it or none of it. These weird half-measures are silly and do little to improve gaming as a whole.

15+ Year Old Account
    That line of reasoning has been repeated for the last 11 years and has yet to come true. Your point doesn't exist as time has proven. It is just fear mongering and being used as the excuse to complain about a non-issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That line of reasoning has been repeated for the last 11 years and has yet to come true. Your point doesn't exist as time has proven. It is just fear mongering and being used as the excuse to complain about a non-issue.
    That line is true and the fact that majority of wow players are not okay with this is why you still pay subscription only and not paying real money for every tier set.

15+ Year Old Account
    That line is true and the fact that majority of wow players are not okay with this is why you still pay subscription only and not paying real money for every tier set.
    Or you know your doom and gloom vision of things isn't true. Your reasoning isn't true because it is a general claim that isn't true and hasn't been true for the last 11 years. Can it be true one day? Certainly. If you repeat something long enough eventually you might be correct.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Or you know your doom and gloom vision of things isn't true. Your reasoning isn't true because it is a general claim that isn't true and hasn't been true for the last 11 years. Can it be true one day? Certainly. If you repeat something long enough eventually you might be correct.
    It didn't occur to you that it is not true for 11 years because there are people who are vocal about not wanting this in the game? There is a reason for everything and there is a reason for why WoW didn't turn into F2P cashgrab like 99% of the games on the market now. Do you think they don't want free money? Do you think they are charity or something?