Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I mean -- it's worth it to sub now if you want to level with the xp buff. Also, good time to make money. I haven't played seriously in years and realized I had so much stuff in my crate collection or whatever that I opened, but never put in my inventory/bound. I've made a couple billion credits, which is probably still not that much, but looking at the stuff I want to buy it's been hella amazing.

I funded all character unlocks for my leveling character, bought every house and expansion in the game, etc. and that didn't even dent the 5% credits I kept on that character and the rest went to my legacy storage. I'm always poor in WoW, so I feel like a self-made king. And to be honest, this game has always been under-the-radar amazing. I haven't raided since it first launched and the first xpac, but all the leveling, event, and social content is just great.

I went on a tear playing every MMO the first time wow went in the garbage, but I've been stuck as a world '1000th' raider grinding mythic since BFA. Now that it's gotten this bad again, I finally broke away and I'm back to playing all these MMOs and jesus they are fun. GW2 xpac coming, SWTOR xpac....new arpgs releasing, steam backlog.

Ah the life of breaking those blizz chains.
    what xp buff? there is no xp buff ongoing right now last I checked, that expired.. last week I think? or 2 weeks ago...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what xp buff? there is no xp buff ongoing right now last I checked, that expired.. last week I think? or 2 weeks ago...
    From just subscribing -- plus (it's been a while, so I don't remember for sure) the quests that award the major xp buffs/class buffs, etc can't be selected as rewards if you aren't subbed. I think you just get credits otherwise.
    BAD WOLF

From just subscribing -- plus (it's been a while, so I don't remember for sure) the quests that award the major xp buffs/class buffs, etc can't be selected as rewards if you aren't subbed. I think you just get credits otherwise.
    Which gets annoying AF because of the credit cap.

I'm playing as preferred right now and am at the credit cap. Every quest turn in, every enemy looted, every opened reward that has credits splashes the stupid "you're at the credit cap, XXX credits have been placed in escrow" message in my chat.

SW:ToR is the most annoying F2P game in this respect because unless you're subbed you get these annoying messages from different sources. The two most obnoxious and flagrantly "you're not a sub so you're not good enough" are this credit cap escrow one and the big red one that splashes on your screen when you enter a rest area, that literally says you're not getting rested xp because you're not a subscriber.

With that said, it's still a great game, but these messages and the restrictions are annoying AF.

oh. those. I thought you were refering to occasional double xp they do, xp boosts from quest rewards are regular thing, that's why i was confused (especially since these boosts and double xp - stack)

that said... if you have legacy bank unlocked? just dump excess credits into it before you reach 1 mil. I tend to deposit the moment I go above 500k which has an added benefit of stopping those very annoying "you are very close to hitting your credit limit" messages. now it may also have a cap for all I know, but at 280k mil I haven't hit it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    With that said, it's still a great game, but these messages and the restrictions are annoying AF.
    Yeah it's weird....the model is pretty fine. For it's time, it is quite generous and was never really a giant problem since you could buy your way out of some stuff. Not quite as flexible as LotRO, but wasn't immediately a reason to stop playing. That being said, the way it makes the warnings trigger is fucking obnoxious.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah it's weird....the model is pretty fine. For it's time, it is quite generous and was never really a giant problem since you could buy your way out of some stuff. Not quite as flexible as LotRO, but wasn't immediately a reason to stop playing. That being said, the way it makes the warnings trigger is fucking obnoxious.
    I find LotRO worse in many ways.

Being completely locked out of entire zones, that the game directs you to, with few alternatives unless you know your way around is seriously messed up. Their model is more predatory IMO.

SW:ToR is just annoying you with the messages and stupid lockouts, but you can at least play the entire game without being locked out of the content.

Finally hopped onto the PTR, new menus and stuff really are insanely slick. Definitely going to grab people better than the old ones.

Hoping the low level pvp bracket is active again after this. I always enjoyed it a lot with the lack of gear being a big thing. Though hopefully gutting people's individual survivability will make max-level versions more fun again. People had way too much survivability in a game with healing and guard.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

There's so much going on in Feb they really should have just pushed back to march lol. Going to be hard to get more than just the people in who are playing anyway with everything coming out in feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's so much going on in Feb they really should have just pushed back to march lol. Going to be hard to get more than just the people in who are playing anyway with everything coming out in feb.
    March isn't any better, both months are fairly brutal in terms of major releases. There's not a ton of MMO competition for them at least from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    March isn't any better, both months are fairly brutal in terms of major releases. There's not a ton of MMO competition for them at least from what I know.
    Don't really see much big in march, i mean you have tiny tina's, elex 2, but what else is really that big?

Even if I missed something, there's like 2 major mmo launches in Feb. besides swtor.

GW2 expac launches in feb and new WoW patch... might? GW2 is the only one I can personaly thing of besides swtor

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I like the only gamer that has never had to choose between 2 games coming out at the same time? Is it that rare to play 2 games at one time?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Am I like the only gamer that has never had to choose between 2 games coming out at the same time? Is it that rare to play 2 games at one time?
    not particularly. that said, for a lot of people one game, especially one MMO is all they have time for between work and family. but... those people tend to already be only playing that mmo of choice, so other mmo's releasing content at the same time - doesn't affect them.

mostly I just hope they gave themselves enough time to polish this expansion (and to maybe revert some of the changes? yeah, I know, not happening :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    GW2 expac launches in feb and new WoW patch... might? GW2 is the only one I can personaly thing of besides swtor
    For releases in Feb, you also Lost Ark which is shaping up to be reasonably big at launch. Also if we include major patches, then I believe the balance one for FFXIV is for February as well (but I might be wrong on that one). So yes, February does look busy for MMOs tbh.

it's busy but I'm dubious about how much cross-over appeal there is in some games at this point.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    it's busy but I'm dubious about how much cross-over appeal there is in some games at this point.
    There is quite a big crowd of WoW refugees that are still bouncing between MMOs trying to find their new permanent (or as permanent as it can be) online home. See for example what happened with the launch of New World. It might not be a massive number in comparison to WoW's peak numbers, but considering what all the rest of the MMOs could call "regular" players up to this point then yes, it is quite important for every single one of them and that creates an overlap and cross-appeal.

Sure, but i think the audience is a lot more atomized than that now. WoW was in the unique position of being "the game for everyone" for a long time, but that has never been true of other games with much smaller budgets. There is nothing in swtor/eso/gw2 that will hold serious wow endgame players for long, and then there's the breakdown between people who want fantasy vs sci-fi and people who are at least casual SW fans versus not at all.

Or put another way, I don't actually think it is possible for swtor to grab all that many wow refugees 10 years after launch. Maybe some, but I doubt that whether or not gw2 or lost ark has an expansion makes a huge difference in that number. People who were going to play those games were probably going to do it anyway or already want something different in their mmo experience that swtor can never provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I'll have a new PoE expansion/league starting tomorrow, this thing, then GW2 on the 28th. I already am angry at WoW, so I don't see it fitting into any of that to be honest.
    BAD WOLF

Well we are a week out. Is there a compelling argument not to be a stealth spec as a section option for every class?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Well we are a week out. Is there a compelling argument not to be a stealth spec as a section option for every class?
    I can't think of a single one.