Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Ybarra still hasn't actually met the devs apparently

https://twitter.com/dogspinster/stat...78791148097541

I didn't know that keystone boosting was that time consuming, damn.

Wow, he didn't even introduce himself. That's so rude and unprofessional.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

But...... but he plays WoW!

I met the President of the division of my company once, about 6 years ago, when i got a performance award (Kinda like a employee of the year for the department I was in).

I haven't seen him since then and I'm quite a bit higher on the Software Engineer ladder now.... I wouldnt expect a President to spend his time actually talking to devs, thats not what a President of a company does (Whatever they want to give his title, thats what he is essentially).

They are doing a poor job of this overall, but I think its silly to nitpick on the fact he isnt meeting with devs which is probably the least concerning thing he is doing.

Blizzard employees now gossiping about each other on Twitter? That got to do wonders for the moral...
    Good for the drama I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I met the President of the division of my company once, about 6 years ago, when i got a performance award (Kinda like a employee of the year for the department I was in).

I haven't seen him since then and I'm quite a bit higher on the Software Engineer ladder now.... I wouldnt expect a President to spend his time actually talking to devs, thats not what a President of a company does (Whatever they want to give his title, thats what he is essentially).

They are doing a poor job of this overall, but I think its silly to nitpick on the fact he isnt meeting with devs which is probably the least concerning thing he is doing.
    I don't think this is what people meant when the term "hands off" was said to blizzard ceo's, this isn't exactly business as usual and being a total no show from the moment you get the job does not inspire confidence at all.

I don't know if I trust the Twitter account of a single OW dev to speak on behalf of the entire dev team but it's possible. The whole running keys during work hours quip is pretty spicy. I guess we'll find out the validity of these claims soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

I have over 3500 employees, they all don't get face to face time. I have work to do so do they and we all don't work the same schedules.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I don't know if I trust the Twitter account of a single OW dev to speak on behalf of the entire dev team but it's possible.
    I mean...it would be a huge faux pas to tweet about your boss not having met the staff once, but it's actually just you having missed the meeting.

Publically shaming your boss basically asking for getting the boot, falsely shaming your boss is basically signing the pink slip yourself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I have over 3500 employees, they all don't get face to face time. I have work to do so do they and we all don't work the same schedules.
    Introduction or atleast say hi once in a while can be a strong motivator for some. No matter the reasons.

Working different schedules is just a stupid reason as a boss honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean...it would be a huge faux pas to tweet about your boss not having met the staff once, but it's actually just you having missed the meeting.

Publically shaming your boss basically asking for getting the boot, falsely shaming your boss is basically signing the pink slip yourself.
    The whole thing smacks of airing dirty laundry to fan the flames. Like I said, we'll find out soon enough if that developer still has Blizzard Entertainment in their profile description a week from now.

I don't know if I trust the Twitter account of a single OW dev to speak on behalf of the entire dev team but it's possible. The whole running keys during work hours quip is pretty spicy. I guess we'll find out the validity of these claims soon.
    Shouldn't be too hard to check the M+ stuff, as all you'd probably need to do is check for runs completed during average Cali work hours.

I don't think this is what people meant when the term "hands off" was said to blizzard ceo's, this isn't exactly business as usual and being a total no show from the moment you get the job does not inspire confidence at all.
    Hardly. This is you having unreasonable expectations. The guy has plenty of work on his desk already, just going out to meet the employees isn't likely to be very high on his priority list. Especially when it isn't business as usual.

If three months in you haven't heard from your new boss, then chances are you are at very least being considered for termination because it's easier to fire people you don't know. Not Tracy Kennedy specifically but as part of a larger group of employees that could be let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Introduction or atleast say hi once in a while can be a strong motivator for some. No matter the reasons,
    That's the other thing -- different people have different expectations from their management team. Some may prefer the face-to-face interaction while others may be perfectly content with an informal e-mail with contact information.

Ouch, when the producer of one of your flagship games washes dirty laundry on twitter, then you really have managed to piss someone off. Hope she didn't fuck her career with that tweet, because it's certainly not very professional.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The whole thing smacks of airing dirty laundry to fan the flames.
    I mean of course, it's regardless of the circumstances utterly unprofessional to vent on twitter about your boss.

10+ Year Old Account

Ugh, I wonder if he was slack in VV as well.

Nevertheless, the wrong section I believe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the other thing -- different people have different expectations from their management team. Some may prefer the face-to-face interaction while others may be perfectly content with an informal e-mail with contact information.
    Depends what kind of work it is as well, I mean its totally different when most of us work from home still and find it perfectly fine to zoom a bit and talk it out there.

The other part is that this is usually about people who actually work on the floor who need a motivator more especially in this time of covid and thus would appriciate some manager to dropp by and ask how things are doing.
    In my experience at least.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-11-16 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Depends what kind of work it is as well, I mean its totally different when most of us work from home still and find it perfectly fine to zoom a bit and talk it out there.

The other part is that this is usually about people who actually work on the floor who need a motivator more especially in this time of covid and thus would appriciate some manager to dropp by and ask how things are doing.
    In my experience at least.
    Usually a CEO would at least introduce themselves to the company at large and offer a few words - especially in a situation like Blizzard's currently. I don't know if he didn't show up at all, or if he just didn't have smaller visists in the individual department, but I would at least consider it kinda rude if a new CEO wouldn't at least do one tour through the company. Especially seeing how OW isn't exactly a little side venture. I'm not sure how the pandemic situation is in cali right now, but maybe they still try to avoid gatherings? Still, this should be communicated and I would expect a producer to be in the know of something like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.