Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question MMO-Champ not publishing bad press/news RE: Activision Blizzard?

First I have a feeling that this post is either going to get merged into another general thread to discuss the overall topic of allegations against Activision BLizzard (even though THIS thread is about MMO-Champion's not covering the subject anymore not about the subject of the allegations itself) locked, deleted, and/or I get infracted for even posting this but I'm taking that risk in asking this.

One thing I noticed in regards to all the news about what has happened with the legal and moral/ethical problems with Activision Blizzard in recent months is that MMO-Champion was reporting the news from Activision, Blizzard, and those directly involved in the situation from both official releases from the company AND from personal releases from those involved in the matter. These front page news posts made by MMO-Champion were done either the same day as or day after such news hit the public. Sources have been directly through Activision, Blizzard, person releases of said individual, or from gaming news sites like polygon & IGN. These posts were made on the MMO-Champion front page to address/inform the readers here of these events. In the past month there has been much more that has came out including but not limited to: Jen Oneal revealing how after she learned of her huge pay discrepancy after Activsion Blizzard had already been hired to satisfy this equal pay employees were wanting is what led her to leave the company & how she was only offered equal pay as Mike Ybarra AFTER she had tendered her resignation (that part is a couple paragraphs after the first picture in the artile but can be found all over the internet too); Bobby Kotick knowing more than he previously stated (see link prior to this part); Bobby Kotick reportedly stating that he would quit if a solution can not be made quickly; Blizzard employees walking out in protest exactly 1 week ago from MY post here today.

All of those thing are things that have came to light in just the past couple weeks. Jen Oneal announcing her resignation to work for Women in Games International was covered by MMO-Champion when it was announced but the follow up information has ZERO coverage from MMO-Champion. The first walkout that Blizzard employees staged was covered by MMO-Champion yet the one that happened on Nov 16th was not. And don't get me started on the lack of information about Bobby Kotick which includes a message straight from Bobby Kotick himself on the ActivisionBlizzard website transcript video message & transcript via wowhead.

So my question is why? Why is MMO-Champion no longer covering the issues over at Blizzard? Does Curse/MMO-Champion have some sort of stake in Blizzard or get kickbacks from them which causes them to not speak negatively of Blizzard products?

Instead of immediately jumping into conspiracy theory land, maybe consider the fact that most people don't want to see "Blizzard bad" in their feed 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    First I have a feeling that this post is either going to get merged into another general thread to discuss the overall topic of allegations against Activision BLizzard (even though THIS thread is about MMO-Champion's not covering the subject anymore not about the subject of the allegations itself) locked, deleted, and/or I get infracted for even posting this but I'm taking that risk in asking this.

One thing I noticed in regards to all the news about what has happened with the legal and moral/ethical problems with Activision Blizzard in recent months is that MMO-Champion was reporting the news from Activision, Blizzard, and those directly involved in the situation from both official releases from the company AND from personal releases from those involved in the matter. These front page news posts made by MMO-Champion were done either the same day as or day after such news hit the public. Sources have been directly through Activision, Blizzard, person releases of said individual, or from gaming news sites like polygon & IGN. These posts were made on the MMO-Champion front page to address/inform the readers here of these events. In the past month there has been much more that has came out including but not limited to: Jen Oneal revealing how after she learned of her huge pay discrepancy after Activsion Blizzard had already been hired to satisfy this equal pay employees were wanting is what led her to leave the company & how she was only offered equal pay as Mike Ybarra AFTER she had tendered her resignation (that part is a couple paragraphs after the first picture in the artile but can be found all over the internet too); Bobby Kotick knowing more than he previously stated (see link prior to this part); Bobby Kotick reportedly stating that he would quit if a solution can not be made quickly; Blizzard employees walking out in protest exactly 1 week ago from MY post here today.

All of those thing are things that have came to light in just the past couple weeks. Jen Oneal announcing her resignation to work for Women in Games International was covered by MMO-Champion when it was announced but the follow up information has ZERO coverage from MMO-Champion. The first walkout that Blizzard employees staged was covered by MMO-Champion yet the one that happened on Nov 16th was not. And don't get me started on the lack of information about Bobby Kotick which includes a message straight from Bobby Kotick himself on the ActivisionBlizzard website transcript video message & transcript via wowhead.

So my question is why? Why is MMO-Champion no longer covering the issues over at Blizzard? Does Curse/MMO-Champion have some sort of stake in Blizzard or get kickbacks from them which causes them to not speak negatively of Blizzard products?
    Maybe because they don't need to? At this point literally anything that they post has like a 90% ratio of people dragging Acti/Bliz crap into the comments instead of talking about the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I blame you, really.

Why would mmo-champ hurt themselves? Anything negative about blizzard is going to affect mmo-champ in the long term too. Less users, less revenue.

Thanks O-bama.

All of that is being discussed, just in specific threads. 18 threads on the same thing just bleeds shit everywhere. I do admit that they do a piss poor job informing where stuff IS being discussed.

Edit

This seems to be the catch-all thread for this.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...fornia/page100
    Last edited by HateTrain; 2021-11-23 at 11:27 PM.

More than likely there is probably some kind of deal between MMO Champion and Blizzard. It's probably something simple like MMO Champion gets preferential treatment and access with regard to breaking news about Blizzard Games and MMO doesn't run negative press unless there is an official press release from Blizzard on an issue. I seriously doubt there are any kickbacks involved. And yes, everything I just said is 100% speculation, but it does make sense at the very least.

I thought they had a megathread for these topics somewhere in the off-topic discussions. Not the place that I usually visit.

I only come to this site for game news or to talk about the game. I couldn't care less about what goes on inside the company.

It all gets contained in a single thread in the off-topic forum.

Maybe sometimes, people want to come on here and just read some info on up and coming X-pacs/ Patches and not all the politics that go on behind the scenes..

I'm sure there are other websites that just post about all the scandal that is going on.....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Maybe sometimes, people want to come on here and just read some info on up and coming X-pacs/ Patches and not all the politics that go on behind the scenes..

I'm sure there are other websites that just post about all the scandal that is going on.....
    Well, there is a News subforum, and I don't think that it's unreasonable to ask for Blizzard-related news on it... Or is it asking too much?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

People tend to come here for WoW news. They care about what the new patch will contain, they don't want a new 'Blizzard lawsuit' news post on the front page every day.

Those that care about the lawsuit can follow the relevant thread.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Instead of immediately jumping into conspiracy theory land, maybe consider the fact that most people don't want to see "Blizzard bad" in their feed 24/7?
    Pretty much this. As the biggest news site for WoW, this is purely a business decision. People who come here for WoW news don't want to see Bobby Kotick's history of being a sex pest, they want to know what's going on with the game.

Also, you're not allowed to criticize MMOC, unless it's in their suggestions and feedback sub forum.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/...s-amp-Feedback
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-11-23 at 11:39 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You could at least be a little more truthful and tell that you personally don't want to see Blizzard Bad™ news, for God knows what odd reason. And if Blizzard Bad™ news affect you to such a personal level, you could always skip the News subforum... But no, it's much better to keep everyone in the dark, (at least as far as MMOC is concerned), isn't it?
    Who is being kept in the dark?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Who is being kept in the dark?
    You (voluntarily) and many other MMOC dwellers (perhaps not so voluntarily).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like wasted time when WoWhead.com makes more in-depth coverage of this situation. MMO-champion, of course, posts when things are posted by Blizzard, meanwhile many of the other sites have snooped out to catch articles worth publishing themselves in their version. MMO-champion, just like you see with outside threads, focuses on the game first and foremost, everything else goes into the Off-topic/Video games discussion section. As well, I hold my doubt that MMO-champion has as many employees or investments as WoWhead.com.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You (voluntarily) and many other MMOC dwellers (perhaps not so voluntarily).
    I don't get my WoW news specifically from MMO-C. I'd encourage other people to do the same.

MMO-Champion covers WOW (and other games), and they covered the WoW implications of what is happening (e.g. renaming stuff)..... but not the rest.

Seems reasonable.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.