Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I can no longer decide if I would like to wear a pointy hood or not and I can no longer look like a catholic penitent wearing a capirote. Why would I want to look like that? For the same reason I may want to go out wearing a short skirt or lip gloss and growing a beard. Avert your eyes if my choices bother you. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Dude, we ve had pointy hats since T10. Go learn wow.
    Kinda shot yourself in the foot there, eh bud?

At least the warlocks are getting a different and hopefully better costume.

This thread has been a great chance to google stuff, I no idea what Capirote's were until I saw this thread and looked it up.

According to the Smithsonian the first KKK outfit was a completely made up illustration in a book called, 'The Clansman' by Arthur I. Keller.

Later, D.W. Griffith adapted the book into his 1915 film, "The Birth of a Nation", the movie was so popular that the KKK adopted the costumes.

No trying to justify anything, just saying the origins of stuff is kind of fun to look up.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You version bad. You version don't work because you version decide it all part of big intentional trend when actually it all part of big social trend. You think it connected to German man but it not, you stretch logic. You stretch logic okay, you actually have good point at first, but you making it about all that think big dum-dum.
    Here's what you don't get: the "big intentional trend" IS the "big social trend". Same fucking thing. And, yes, it is connected to "German man (Hegel)", through Marx, and then through Marcuse, and then through Crenshaw and others. It mutated through trial and error, and is now a little different from where it started out.

More understandable?
    Oh, yes, much more than your preening attempts at sounding smart. A bit condescending, but at least it's understandable.

Firstly, burden of proof falls on the accuser. Secondly, even doing your intellectual hard work for you, abortion.
    Abortion isn't an argument. It is simply a tool towards demoralization, and for discredited and evil Leftist theories like "eugenics".

The only reasonable thing that I could think of along those lines is that perhaps the restrictions imposed by anti-abortion systems could be imitated by restrictions required to permit abortion. I have to emphasize, too, that I'm pro-life. I would actually be keen to find arguments against abortion.
    The only real argument needed is that humanity isn't as "overpopulated" as the media portrays it, and that Margaret Sanger was an evil racist fruitloop.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-11-21 at 09:51 PM.

They probably just don't want to hit the news when this set comes out and some 13 year olds role-playing a KKK meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Here's what you don't get: the "big intentional trend" IS the "big social trend". Same fucking thing. And, yes, it is connected to "German man (Hegel)", through Marx, and then through Marcuse, and then through Crenshaw and others. It mutated through trial and error, and is now a little different from where it started out.

Oh, yes, much more than your preening attempts at sounding smart. A bit condescending, but at least it's understandable.

Abortion isn't an argument. It is simply a tool towards demoralization, and for discredited and evil Leftist theories like "eugenics".

The only real argument needed is that humanity isn't as "overpopulated" as the media portrays it, and that Margaret Sanger was an evil racist fruitloop.
    You see, the difference between us is that I could procure a hundred and one pro-life arguments out of my ass with minimal effort. What you need is mud-slinging and accusations of eugenics to prop up your autism. I, conversely, can look towards any number of actual philosophical arguments. That's how we're different.

Either way, your need to careen away from my argumentation is evident. I present an example of ethos, even one that I disagree with, and I do my best to present an example that does not fit your narrative. You're not interested in argumentation, you're interested in diversion and excepting the arguments which destroy yours. You have no real intention to debate because you're too divorced from reality to accept when you've been beat fair and square. I offer one, simple reason and you can't offer anything other than over-the-top pathos in response. The reason for this is that you're too stupid for philosophy or political argumentation in good faith.

As for the "mutations", you mean evolution. That's how ideologies evolve. They start from a particular ideological origin then evolve into various different forms, usually exponentially. I could argue that Locke is the origin of most Anarcho-Capitalist thought, but they'd disavow him. Secondly, your claim is entirely unfounded. You offer no evidence, no logical arguments, and no reason behind what you're saying. You just repeat the same claim over and over again, hoping it'll get hammered in. I offer you a hundred different angles and you'll draw it back to the one claim as if you've found a real "gotcha" by just saying the same thing you already said.

Dude, "Society" is trying to cancel Jake Gyllenhaal for simply breaking up with Taylor Swift 11y ago... Nothing special, they just dated for 3 moths and he ended it because he didn't feel it.

Now he's the worst :P

That's how bad it've gotten, and I'm quite a "lefty" as political savages say on these kinds of forums

I literally have no met any one who is complaining about this, only seen people complaining about complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideology poisoned people see their preferred boogeymen everywhere & they're enjoying a moment in time where they can force their delusions onto otherwise normal people.

It's not a "Klan hood," it doesn't look like a "Klan hood," and would be unlikely to be used as a "Klan hood."

The real "offense" here is how many tier sets (including this one) have looked like absolute garbage & made it to release with few, if any, changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    None of those were white.

Like I get it, you have the luxury of living a life where you didn't have to worry about symbols like that, but at least try to understand that other people did not have that luxury. Letting you wear a white capirote is not worth giving racists the chance to cosplay as the KKK in World of Warcraft.

Now stop getting mad about them changing the KKK hood.
    Believe it or not, you have that luxury, too. I highly doubt someone posting on a World of Warcraft forum has any experience with, or reason to worry about the First & Second Klans...
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2021-11-21 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    What people hate about this is that people such as yourself are willing to twist the original meaning of things and want to keep them twisted in order to support your own argument. You teach further generations only the bad and none of the good. This applies just as much to the swastika, as it does to what a male and female are, to "white supremacy". It's like you found one bad apple in an orchard and decide to torch all of the trees. You seem to honestly think that the only proper way of treating something you may disagree with is to eliminate it and never allow it to return..
    So firstly: I'm not the person who twisted the meaning of anything. I wasn't even alive when these things were twisted into representing something that they originally did not.

Secondly: I'm not trying to keep anything twisted to support anything. I don't have an argument against the usage of any symbol.

Thirdly: I do believe the only proper way to treat ideals that would lead you to believe another life is worth less than your own is to torch that ideal. But that, once again, has nothing to do with the symbol itself. I also never stated anywhere in my original post that I don't want to see these things ever be used again.

My entire post was calling out the fact that so many people use the excuse that a symbol should not be offensive because it wasn't created to be offensive, and that just doesn't make any sense.

A symbol doesn't mean anything in the first place. It can only ever mean what humans ascribe it to mean.
    For the example of the Cross: Christians see it as a representation of their positive religion, but the people being slaughtered in the Crusades would have seen it as a hateful symbol of war and death. Neither of them are incorrect, but you also can't be expected to shove a cross down those people's throats, claim it represents positivity, and think they will just accept that message after being slaughtered by those who brandish that same symbol.

It's sad that these things were twisted in the first place, but you can't just expect everybody to use them the way their were originally intended as if they were never a symbol for hatred. It doesn't work that way.

Having said all of that: A symbol is still only displaying the message it is intended to display. If you want to display a Swastika with the message it was originally intended to be used for, then that's okay. It's just that not everybody is going to display the image that way, and not everybody is going to perceive your display of said image as positive either. It's just better to avoid controversy if you're a public figure or game that is viewed by many. You're fine to ascribe any meaning to any symbol if you'd like. I will gladly support your choice if the meaning of your message is positive.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2021-11-21 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Believe it or not, you have that luxury, too. I highly doubt someone posting on a World of Warcraft forum has any experience with, or reason to worry about the First & Second Klans...
    I do have that luxury. But I also have this thing called empathy that lets me consider things from other peoples' perspectives. Apparently you don't have that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Fair, you got me.

But putting big nosed greenskins in concentration camps gets pretty close and is obviously trying to mimic the brutality of fascist regimes throughout history, you can't deny that.
    I mean no absolutely not, because context matters. These big nosed greenskins were put into internment camps because they were part of a demonically corrupted army hellbent on world domination and genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is wandering far afield of its original topic. Let's return to discussing this tier set and drop the real-world politics and other tangents.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    I do have that luxury. But I also have this thing called empathy that lets me consider things from other peoples' perspectives. Apparently you don't have that.
    That's not empathy, that's called being extremely online & hyperpolitical. None of the handful of people who have any experience with the Second Klan still alive today would be able to explain what "World of Warcraft" is. This is just performative outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread is wandering far afield of its original topic. Let's return to discussing this tier set and drop the real-world politics and other tangents.
    I honestly think that's a lost cause given the reasons for the creation of the thread. I highly advise locking it.

That's not empathy, that's called being extremely online & hyperpolitical. None of the handful of people who have any experience with the Second Klan still alive today would be able to explain what "World of Warcraft" is. This is just performative outrage.
    Anyone who uses the term "performative outrage" has exactly zero room to accuse anyone else of being "extremely online".

Like, people are here complaining about Blizzard changing a helmet in a video game, what would you call that?

Isn't the entire topic based around real world politics? How do discuss censorship including self censorship without touching on that topic?

Should we simply use code words to describe the conversation instead perhaps have a cypher posters can use so we can talk about the topic without it being clear we are actually talking about the topic?

10+ Year Old Account

The original topic is OP calling people brain dead because of supposed wrong offense taken, based on KKK similarity and what a capirote is. The entire premise of this thread is based on that: a REAL-WORLD POLITICAL point.

This thread was created 2 days ago, to complain. A tier set thread was made on the 11th actually discussing tier sets. Both are on page #1 of General Discussions. Both are still active and still open.

The past 5 pages of this thread has been nothing but back and forth flaming because of real-world politics. Some math needs to be done here and it's obvious.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-11-21 at 10:49 PM.

"No one here has ever even had to worry about the KKK if you only count the older versions."

Nice save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Alright, this thread is now closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead