Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think I would've ever made the connection myself, but having it pointed out I can definitely see how it was made. Not really a huge issue, though; just add a simple design, band, or really any kind of detail to the back of the hood, and the problem is likely solved. They can keep 99% of the design without a need to change the silhouette of the set and avoid the unfortunate but unintended association.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    When did I say you couldn't? I'm pretty sure I've agreed with you repeatedly that this is a really stupid thing to get offended by. But the fact that it's getting changed has absolutely fucking nothing to do with whether you or I find it offensive and everything to do with the potential bad publicity not changing would give the company. They aren't kowtowing to the liberals, they're making the only choice that makes sense.

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly about things never getting changed ever that you're choosing this completely meaningless controversy -- of all things -- as the hill to die on.
    Oh, it's nice to see you backing up. Yes, you tried to tell me that it's not my right to tell people why they should get offended by. You'd better improve your memory skills, you said that just 30 min ago.

I don't care whether or not they change it. I wanted to point out that this society is fucked up, that we've reached a level where people complain about a bloody warlock tier in a videogame. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Oh, it's nice to see you backing up. Yes, you tried to tell me that it's not my right to tell people why they should get offended by. You'd better improve your memory skills, you said that just 30 min ago.
    I said you didn't have the right to tell people not to get offended.

I don't care whether or not they change it. I wanted to point out that this society is fucked up, that we've reached a level where people complain about a bloody warlock tier in a videogame. That's it.
    ???

You said multiple times that the change was a mistake. And now suddenly you don't care? Are you sure I'm the one that needs to work on my memory skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I said you didn't have the right to tell people not to get offended.

???

You said multiple times that the change was a mistake. And now suddenly you don't care? Are you sure I'm the one that needs to work on my memory skills?
    You're saying the same thing: telling me that I shouldn't point out a silly offense.

I said the change was a mistake, indeed. What I'm also saying is that it doesn't make me have insomnia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they wanted to create a tier based in the KKK habit. You got them. You must study in Harvard.
    No one is saying this. The likeness is there and Blizz don't want to be associated with it. That's it. No one's outraged about this other than you and the other right wing bores.

Let's be honest....

No Warlock is going to use this set. It's probably one of the worst warlock specific transmogs ever.

I don't see Klan robes when I look at this ugly-ass set. I do, however, understand why Blizzard would want to alter the design anyway. White robes with red bits and a pointy hat that obscures the face checks enough boxes that I don't blame Blizzard for tilting their head and going "Yeeeeah... Let's tweak it just a bit so that imagery can't be evoked at all, which is much safer for Blizzard than for them to tell players to shut up and stop imagining that white robes with red bits and a pointy hat that obscures the face could at all evoke Klan imagery.

After all the weird and innocuous little shit that Blizzard has changed in the name of 'evolving creative content' in WoW, I would normally be reluctant to side with Blizzard on a matter of changing things like this. But this in particular? Yeah, I get it.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-11-20 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    No one is saying this. The likeness is there and Blizz don't want to be associated with it. That's it. No one's outraged about this other than you and the other right wing bores.
    Actually, people have outraged about this. Otherwise they wouldn't have tried to 'fix' their terrible mistake. Anyway, I'd recommend you to build a better argument; calling me a "right wing" just because I think this is a stupid complain is not only a stretch, but a very poor reasoning.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 01:22 AM.

Literally anyone who complained about this, or thinks there is something wrong with this set has a mental illness and needs to seek professional help.

You're "looking" for a problem, so you can "create" a solution through virtue signaling because you think people will give you attention and admiration for being so "woke".

I cannot wait for these types of people to disappear. They're literally making everything around them worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they scrap it altogether. Such a shit set.

10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly wouldnt have made that connection at all.. i feel like the people who make that connection as a first thought are the people we should be worried about, lol.

Ugly ass set anyway though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Let's be honest....

No Warlock is going to use this set. It's probably one of the worst warlock specific transmogs ever.
    this is not hyperbole. that set looks fkn horrendous.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    There are plenty of slaves in WoW tho, used by the scourge, used by the old gods, used by ogres, etc..
    None of the slaves in wow are any thing like the American slave industry.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is more like a Rorschack test for people... they're just seeing what they want to see. If you got clansmen and KKK on the brain, you're going to see clansmen when you look at this hat.

Me? I have to do some mental gymnastics in my head to see this as a klansman hood, as the first thing I think of are a religious outfit.

Nope, these aren't KKK, and they were around and wearing these outfits long before the KKK did. KKK originally just wore mostly whatever they wanted, anything from animal horns (better get rid of all those animal horn helmets in WoW, think of the children!!!), animal skin hats, sacks, etc. It wasn't until a book and a movie inaccurately depicted the KKK in similar outfits, sensationalized the outfits, then the KKK said "Wait a minute... free advertising and recognition, time to make us a uniform!" And the rest's history.

Simply put, if you're first reaction is seeing KKK when looking at the Warlock tier set, it's a much larger reflection of yourself than the outfit actually being a problem.

*edit* - BTW, I think the warlock tier set looks pretty bad, but it's more the rest of the outfit instead of the helm necessarily. I'm not a huge fan of any of the outfits. I'd rather get tier sets that are more like the recently released xmog in the store. I don't really care if they scrap the warlock tier set, but doing something for the wrong reasons is still wrong.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-11-20 at 02:06 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

By the way, educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
    The KKK still ruined it for everybody. Just like no one's buying the whole "the swastica means peace" crap.

Love yourself more than wasting your time defending something they're going to fix in 3 minutes by shifting the color hue on the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    It's a shit design and looks a bit like a klan hood. And?
    Fixed.

Tell that to all the people who were whining because the tier offended them.

I love to see how people twist the reality to the point of calling snowflakes to those who laugh at such a silly complain. It's brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The KKK still ruined it for everybody. Just like no one's buying the whole "the swastica means peace" crap.

Love yourself more than wasting your time defending something they're going to fix in 3 minutes by shifting the color hue on the armor.
    Poor argument detected.

KKK didn't ruined anything; in Spain they use similar habits and nobody thinks they're KKK members. I guess it's got more to do with ignorance.

5+ Year Old Account
    ppl got to be such a snowflakes nowadays.. i hate that everything, every word can make someone offended. You cant even use some words if u have other skin color than black so... its just racist but no one gonna say it

Educate yourself: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

And yes, it's common sense not to get offended by a warlock tier saying it's a KKK habit and whining to make them change it. Get over it.
    Your attempts at trying to be dominant are as adorable as they are ineffective. Very much so.

If the KKK and their historical garment have enough impact to make people think of it when looking at the back of the tier set, you screeching into the void won't change that. I don't care if it does, I still see the resemblance, and Blizz is free to decide if they want to remove that association from their game or not. You whining into the void doesn't seem to be very effective on that either.

And because I do enjoy being snarky myself...

Educate yourself:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...sh/resemblance

As a life long warlock this set is fucking trash. The art department did a shit job on this all around. Should have just sent out recolors of classic sets instead of this generally fuckery.

To the Klan shit, if you're a company getting hammered at the moment, you might want to just avoid something simple like this. Do I see Klansman, no, but white pointy hood and robe sorta has a specific connotation here in the US. So I would have dodged it in the current climate. Especially with the design being this shitty. This isn't a "The design is so good, lets risk some blowback." this is a trash design, at the wrong time for this company, and yeah some folks probably going to associate white pointy hood and robes with well ya know the Klan.

Bring back the demonic look to warlock. But its just lazy design because they hate class sets and having to pay the artists to make them. Would rather them work on techno spiders and jesus water. ( Also thought this was the Priest or Mage set at first glance)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    ppl got to be such a snowflakes nowadays.. i hate that everything, every word can make someone offended. You cant even use some words if u have other skin color than black so... its just racist but no one gonna say it
    Don't be a coward. Say the word. No one stops you from saying it. You want to say it, you do say it in the appropriate company. Quit being a soy boy and say it. Come on live strong. Be the change! Take the word back! Get your power back you unfortunate little weakling. Little melting snowflake can't say his words because the imaginary boogie man is gonna punish him!

"committing actual genocide against thousands of civilians in our game is a-okay but vaguely racist symbolism is a no-go" -blizzard probably

I thought that was the priest set. Ugh.