Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ah ok. It's childish to tell you to accept that you can't get your KKK cosplay on in WoW because Blizzard has decided to change it but your numerous posts of being tilted over the decision, spewing ad hominem, and disregarding anything that proves you wrong isn't. I've read plenty of articles. You literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
    Yes, saying "YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET YOUR WHITE SUPREMACIST COSPLAY" is terribly childish. Grow up.

This isn't weird outrage. Numerous people noticed how similar the set is to KKK robes. Someone I live with who doesn't play WoW passed by and saw the picture then said "Video games letting you be Klan members now?"
    Then everyone stood up and clapped?

I don't see it but these days perception is all that matters and Blizzard being hip deep in scandal i can see why they got rid. The twitterverse nutters will be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Yes, saying "YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET YOUR WHITE SUPREMACIST COSPLAY" is terribly childish. Grow up.
    That's literally the crux of this entire thread. You're pissed you can't dress up like the KKK in WoW. There really is no other reason to make this thread and get as tilted as you are over the decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. A bit off the topic of my comment, I believe? So, I guess I'll have to chop it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Probably because they police actual player conducts in the game.
    Blizzard does so as well, just, sadly, minimal compared to - then again, FFXIV has started to slack on this as well.

People dont actually care about that kind of shit, it was one guy on twitter that @ them for the set. You dint design your entire game for one guy on twitter.
    But people do care for that shit, and there are complaints about certain outfits, just not pampered to as much as Blizzard does - especially not as much as Blizzard does now with the drama.

You can get all kind of bad guy gear in ff14, you just cant be a bad guy TO PLAYERS.
    Nor are you meant to be able to in WoW, yet the player base freaks out over explicit words and outfits, and what not.

Thats exactly why wow gets ripped and ff14 gets nothing. Wow goes for the fake asthetic points.
    Eh, what? It is all fake aesthetics we're talking about, fans just react differently.

FF14 doesent, theres a huge RP community lftbq+ friendly and harrassing them in and even outside the game can get you banned.
    Eh, same on Blizzard's platforms, though, slower, but even SE is slowing down on that.

Meanwhile you can hardly block people in wow and sending tickets for harassment does jack shit.
    1.: You can block people easily? Easier than in FFXIV.
    2.: Blocking people now, blocks the full Battle.net account (they finally added that shit in, has been promised for years), FFXIV's does not.
    3.: Though it operates slow, reporting people for harassment does work, and I know, as I've done it successfully so before (As successfully as we can by getting a receipt that actions have been taken).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's literally the crux of this entire thread. You're pissed you can't dress up like the KKK in WoW. There really is no other reason to make this thread and get as tilted as you are over the decision.
    He's not tilted - he's here to educate. Everyone who wanted it removed is a crybaby, & he's just spent a whole day telling everyone why it's a bad thing because they're crybabies & need to be told.

(Huge /s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    He's not tilted - he's here to educate. Everyone who wanted it removed is a crybaby, & he's just spent a whole day telling everyone why it's a bad thing because they're crybabies & need to be told.

(Huge /s)
    See....you say you're being sarcastic but that's literally the summary of every that he's said in this thread. It's one of those situations where making satire of the comments is difficult because most things that anyone comes up with is actually what people are fucking saying.

See....you say you're being sarcastic but that's literally the summary of every that he's said in this thread. It's one of those situations where making satire of the comments is difficult because most things that anyone comes up with is actually what people are fucking saying.
    I gave up after a few messages Just poked my head into the thread to see if he was still going, and he is haha.

Such an assumption is so pathetic that I'm gonna leave you there. What a sad human being you must be.

Such an assumption is so pathetic that I'm gonna leave you there. What a sad human being you must be.
    And now you turn to ad hominem because you're mad that I'm right. there is literally no other reason to get this upset over the armor change.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Are they forcing you to be so offended by them changing whatever they want with their intellectual property? Why are you against businesses and corporate freedoms? Who are you to tell them what and what not to do with their property?
    For once I agree with you. But I've already brought that up to the OP in this thread -- he's not upset that it's removed, he's upset that Blizzard kowtowed to people who might get offended by it, feeling that Blizzard should have taken a moralistic "We made it, deal with it. If you think it's the KKK that's a you problem" approach. This, of course, completely ignores the monumental insignificance of the design itself... but hey. When you're making a stand against society I guess that doesn't matter.

Are they forcing you to be so offended by them changing whatever they want with their intellectual property? Why are you against businesses and corporate freedoms? Who are you to tell them what and what not to do with their property?
    I'm glad you said that. Tell that to those who complained about a warlock tier set.

You guys use arguments that are at a very poor level. Try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

And now you turn to ad hominem because you're mad that I'm right. there is literally no other reason to get this upset over the armor change.
    Exactly, there's NO OTHER REASON. You got me there, pal.

Mad at you? Nah, I pity you.

You can't understand (it seems you struggle a lot) that this is not a design style debate. I can't be bothered to explain this to you.
    It's allright, nuance can be a very tough concept for some. But by all means, give it your best shot, otherwise I'll happily take the concession!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether intentional or not, that garb is still cleary offensive to some due to the colour scheme of white with red accents. The issue isn't with those types of robes specifically, or the pointy hood, just with the heavily misguided palette the art team decided for these sets. I agree that it'd be lame to only change the colours for the lock, but something as simple as swapping the white out for silver would be enough to break the negative association.

Some of the posts here are pretty disgusting, and can be read as defenses of that terrorist cult. I'm not in favour of Blizzard's current censorship crusade, but this design immediately evokes something a majority of Americans object to. I had assumed that they were universally detested, but whether or not citizens of other nations view them with the same disgust as those from the US is irrevelant, as one group not taking offense does not invalidate the offense taken by another.

Blizz decided to change the set, not the players who complained about it sorry. Blizz has a very well demonstrated history of ignoring what players want. If Blizz didn't agree with the complaints they would not have changed it.
    Are you serious?

Blizzard decided to change it because some players asked Blizzard to do so. It didn't happen out of the blue.

Gosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz decided to change the set, not the players who complained about it sorry. Blizz has a very well demonstrated history of ignoring what players want. If Blizz didn't agree with the complaints they would not have changed it.
    And did anyone ACTUALLY complain about it though anyway? All I saw was they replied to a tweet that was basically on the lines of "well, oops, this is awkward."

As for the set in general, yeah it looks a bit aesthetically shitty for a Warlock anyway, but anyone thinking that it:

1. Didn't look like something a KKK grand wizard would use

and

2. Isn't something that people in game would wear along with a Teemo's Blazing Longsword or Scorching Straight Sword

Is fucking blind and or delusional.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-11-20 at 06:52 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    And did anyone ACTUALLY complain about it though anyway? All I saw was they replied to a tweet that was basically on the lines of "well, oops, this is awkward."
    Ah but you see to the hardcore anti-woke crowd that's basically the same as them libturds frothing at the mouth and rioting over it.

Just like they changed azerite armor when there was an outcry over how shit it was. Just like they listened about covenants in Shadowlands from the players right? Just like all those players that asked for pictures of women to be turned into fruit right?

Maybe get with the real world, Blizzard also sees the connection to the KKK and therefore are taking preventive measures. Again sorry you can't cosplay as the Grand Wizard in WoW, you'll just have to stick to your irl conventions I guess.
    You're not getting it, kid. I don't care about the set. What I think is it's so bloody sad that Blizzard listened to someone who whined at them saying "that set offends me."

Apparently, you haven't got the intelligence to understand such a simple premise.

Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to role play as a KKK member in WoW. I'm devastated. I wish I could be as lucky as you are. Being able to role play a brain-dead undead ingame must make you see the game as a very inclusive one.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must want to cosplay as a fracking grand wizard so bad. It is you that needs to grow up and quit defending/fetishizing a terrorist organization that you fail to understand exists as a very real, visible threat to many Americans. Seriously, get it together and get informed or keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    If OP and some of the commenters here weren’t offended, and are genuinely disappointed by the set not being Warlock enough, then they wouldn’t be going in circles on the same topic for days/pages. There’s a strong hint of obsession with unchecked anger.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    You must want to cosplay as a fracking grand wizard so bad. It is you that needs to grow up and quit defending/fetishizing a terrorist organization that you fail to understand exists as a very real, visible threat to many Americans. Seriously, get it together and get informed or keep your mouth shut.
    I'm sure I know more about that topic than you. KKK is not a real threat for anyone anymore. Those who operate in its name are residual. Go and read a book, do yourself a favour.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-20 at 07:04 PM.