Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    GUIIIIIS! THE WOOOOOOOOKE IN MUH VIDYA REPRESENTS THE DECLINE OF SOCIETY.

How fucking stupid are you people? Really? You read that the most collectively idiotic developers on the planet make a collectively idiotic decision based on one half of their collectively idiotic fanbase and you, of course, being as collectively idiotic as every other idiotic part of this entire structure, decide that this is representative of a serious ailment with society as a whole? The very fact that you unironically screech "SOCIETY!!!!" the moment you see a twinge of harmless stupidity as a consequence of a company trying to virtue-signal how "woke" they are is more a sign that there's a problem with you than with the world as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Words mean things. Symbols mean things. That's why we use them. That's why you carefully craft the wording of your replies, it's why everything from in-game guilds, to multinational corporations, to countries, religions, and various ideologies use symbolism and branding. Sometimes that association becomes a toxic statement in its own right.

They exist to have something to associate with. And we all know what white pointy hats with white robes and red trims are associated with.

Do Blizzard want to be associated with that? No. Do I, as a Warlock player want to be associated with that? Absolutely fucking not.

Most of the western world no longer uses Swastikas or similar symbols, and is recognised as insulting even in places which don't have the same degree of negative association - and most Hindus will be very quick to point out their symbol is not a swastika, and there's usually enough other symbolism going on around these things to be able to tell the difference. It's pretty disingenuous to make that sort of comparison.

Don't pretend any of that is otherwise, especially when using a national coat of arms as your avatar.
    The Western World is not the WORLD, although CELTIC culture is European, and they still use their crosses and symbols that were twisted by the nazis, just in the same way some Indians use swastikas.

You are not getting the point because you're dogmatic. Nobody with a functional brain would associate Blizzard with the KKK because of a warlock set. Literally nobody. Just a twisted mind would do that.

The problem here is people would get offended if Blizzard suddenly created a new Covenant with a symbol that resembles a swastika. Normal people would realise that it doesn't mean Blizzard are Nazis, it's just a symbol that it's got so many meanings, and the fact that someone would see a swastika (or something similar) in a videogame and say: "THIS COMPANY IS A NAZI COMPANY!" must go to therapy.

The problem, as I said before, is society not being able to see the differences and use common sense.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    It wasn't just "someone". Stop trying to play the victim card. There were several people complaining in Twitter. It's ridiculous.

My frustrations? hahaha It's so funny to see people twisting reality. This is like that time when there were people complaining because "only black translators should translate black people". I guess that all those who said how ridiculous that perspective was, were struggling with their frustrations too and not the other way around.
    Stop standing in the metaphorical fire. You can get out if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    What I'm finding so damn funny about this thread, is how everyone shat all over those tier pieces and now they're going to be removed people want them back in the game!
    I've "shat" on those class tier sets when they were revealed, I still do, and likely forever will.

But I've never advocated for its removal, nor ever will. I don't believe in removing content from the game as a good thing ever, save for one sole exception: if the content in question was made with the express intention to glamourize something unsavory. In this case, if the warlock tier set was made with the actual intention to symbolize/reference the KKK outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Stop standing in the metaphorical fire. You can get out if you want to.
    Your point of view is just ridiculous. You just don't wanna accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Western World is not the WORLD, although CELTIC culture is European, and they still use their crosses and symbols that were twisted by the nazis, just in the same way some Indians use swastikas.

You are not getting the point because you're dogmatic. Nobody with a functional brain would associate Blizzard with the KKK because of a warlock set. Literally nobody. Just a twisted mind would do that.

The problem here is people would get offended if Blizzard suddenly creates a new Covenant with a symbol that resembles a swastika. Normal people would realise that it doesn't mean Blizzard are Nazis, it's just a symbol that it's got so many meanings, and the fact that someone would see a swastika (or something similar) in a videogame and say: "THIS COMPANY IS A NAZI COMPANY!" must go to therapy.

The problem, as I said before, is society not being able to see the differences and to use common sense.
    People in game would absolutely associate that set, and it would not be beyond players in game to actually take that association and use it for that reason. That is the problem. That would end up solidifying the association. Shit, we already have screenshots of people doing exactly that in this thread with another set.

Again, stop with the conflation of the hakenkreuz with other similar symbols, most people can tell them apart; and even then they tend not to be used in places where confusion might occur.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-11-21 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Wait, you think NOT acquiescing to the ignorant "majority" in this case makes for bad publicity?
    Ignorant? What makes them "ignorant"? Just because they disagree with your stance? Do you honestly believe its impossible to actually see where you come from and still disagree with you?

You know, it really hurts your position when you have to use insults when referring to those that disagree with you in an attempt to poison the well, here.

People in game would absolutely associate that set, and it would not be beyond players in game to actually take that association and use it for that reason. That is the problem. That would end up solidifying the association. Shit, we already have screenshots of people doing exactly that in this thread.

Again, stop with the conflation of the hakenkreuz with other similar symbols, most people can tell them apart; and even then they tend not to be used in places where confusion might occur.
    Nobody with a functional brain would associate anything. I've already told you. The problem here is you're supporting people with twisted minds' perspectives. That's all. You're clearly in the wrong. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody with a functional brain would associate anything. I've already told you. The problem here is you're supporting people with twisted minds' perspectives. That's all. You're clearly in the wrong. Period.
    I'd say the Nazis and those defending and sympathising with them are the ones with the twisted minds. My grandparents didn't fight them for nothing.

I'd say the Nazis and those defending and sympathising with them are the ones with the twisted minds. My grandparents didn't fight them for nothing.
    Oh, here we go with the victim card. The Second World War happened 70 years ago, get over it. Nazis are residual nowadays, as I've already said.

But besides that, what do the Nazis have anything to do with all this? Nobody cares about your grandparents, there's nothing related to Nazism in WoW (appart from Garrosh).
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 01:38 PM.

It's not your history dude, it's very much your present day. I think that's actually the important part of this; it does seem a very American affectation to consign things to ancient history, and therefore irrelevance, very quickly - what do they say, 100 miles is a long way in Britain, 100 years is a long time in America.
    Well to be fair while racism and the ideology of the Klan are still very much alive and well, the notorious white hood is a pretty fringe sight nowadays. Calling it “history” shouldn’t be automatically taken to mean “ancient history with no bearing on the present day” anyway. I don’t think it’s so much that Americans tend to think of history as being irrelevant and more that they tend to think “it was worse in the past” essentially means “it’s fixed now”.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, here we go with the victim card. The Second World War happened 60 years ago, get over it.
    You mean 76 years.

Dude, Americans have their own way of seeing things. This is an American game. Accept that they are offended by 75% of stuff nowadays and move on
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    You mean 76 years.

Dude, Americans have their own way of seeing things. This is an American game. Accept that they are offended by 75% of stuff nowadays and move on
    Yeah, I wanted to say 70 to round it, not 60. Thanks for noticing that, I'll change it.

And I totally agree with you, this is more an American thing, for sure. Their society is appalling. They get offended even by films (Gone with the Wind). The problem here is we look too much at them and in many ways some Europeans try to copy their society, which is terrible. You can see how American society is already poisoning other anglophone countries like the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, here we go with the victim card. The Second World War happened 60 years ago, get over it. Nazis are residual nowadays, as I've already said.

But besides that, what do the Nazis have anything to do with all this? Nobody cares about your grandparents, there's nothing related to Nazism in WoW (appart from Garrosh).
    The KKK and Nazism are pretty much inseparable at this point, the former being big fans of the hakenkreuz of the latter.

What does it have to do with present day? Well see my point of Americans being quick to consign stuff to ancient history and irrelevance, even while still in living memory.

That battle was won, but the genocidal ideology is still very much present, and for the last decade or so has been thriving.

As for playing the victim? You’ve been doing that the whole thread crying your High Wizard robes are being cut.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-11-21 at 01:47 PM.

The KKK and Nazism are pretty much inseparable at this point, the former being big fans of the hakenkreuz of the latter.

What does it have to do with present day? Well see my point of Americans being quick to consign stuff to ancient history and irrelevance, even while still in living memory.

That battle was won, but the genocidal ideology is still very much present, and for the last decade or so has been thriving.
    You must stop seeing ghosts where there aren't any. That mindset is residual, and trying to tell us that we're surronded by people with genocidal ideology is a bit of a stretch (again). However, I see that you're British. I understand your point since your country has recently left the EU supporting both politicians and parties that had (and still have) a massive xenophobic and racist stink. In your country people as despicable as Nigel Farage are being listened. Fortunately, in most of the Europeans countries that kind of profiles are residual.
    Last edited by Nork; 2021-11-21 at 01:53 PM.

You must stop seeing ghosts where there aren't any. That mindset is residual, and trying to tell us that we're surronded by people with genocidal ideology is a bit of a stretch (again). However, I see that you're British. I understand your point since your country has recently left the EU supporting both politicians and parties that had (and still have) a massive xenophobic and racist stink. In your country people as despicable as Nigel Farage are being listened. Fortunately, in most of the Europeans countries that kind of profiles are residual.
    "You must stop seeing ghosts where there aren't any."

Meanwhile, a company virtue signals to try to hide the horrible crimes they committed from people with the memory of a goldfish (in actuality, goldfish do not actually have as poor memories as people think—I figure the cognitive capacities of most WoW-related twitter users are quite lower than a goldfish) means that this is 100% the decline of society to "woke"

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thanks for proving this was a non-issue until some people decided to push some agenda out of it..
    All it took was a humorous "That's an... interesting helmet from the back lol" from some stray commenter, all in good favor, to turn on the little light that immediately goes "Oh that's very reminiscent of a KKK hood from back here! LOL! Well woopsies, maybe they oughta fix that up before shipping."

Nothing about it is agenda based, or political.

If I design a Logo, and accidentally from one angle it totally resembles genitals, you probably would agree I should just restart because that's just a big Woopsies, not a big deal.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    If I design a Logo, and accidentally from one angle it totally resembles genitals, you probably would agree I should just restart because that's just a big Woopsies, not a big deal.
    Nah dude, you should tell the people who see genitals to grow up, stand by your vision and stick it to the Twitter snowflakes because they're the reason our society is going down the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah dude, you should tell the people who see genitals to grow up, stand by your vision and stick it to the Twitter snowflakes because they're the reason our society is going down the shitter.
    I agree with your sentiment though I think these are two differing hypothetical scenarios.

Overly sensitive people "seeing" the logo as looking like nudity vs the artist accidentally making their art objectively resemble nudity.

I'd refer you to the photoshopped meme I made to highlight just how blatant of a similarity the new hood would have provided, lol.

As I said before in another way, I don't group myself with the 'snowflake' crowd you mention, but it seemed obvious enough to me (without anyone else's implicit suggestion of what it appears to be) that this was a mistake on the artist's part, and a harmless one that's mostly humorous. Either way, it should be corrected now that it's been noticed.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I agree with your sentiment though I think these are two differing hypothetical scenarios.

Overly sensitive people "seeing" the logo as looking like nudity vs the artist accidentally making their art objectively resemble nudity.

I'd refer you to the photoshopped meme I made to highlight just how blatant of a similarity the new hood would have provided, lol.

As I said before in another way, I don't group myself with the 'snowflake' crowd you mention, but it seemed obvious enough to me (without anyone else's implicit suggestion of what it appears to be) that this was a mistake on the artist's part, and a harmless one that's mostly humorous. Either way, it should be corrected now that it's been noticed.
    I'm on your side, that post was 100% sarcasm. (As an aside, I actually thought about taking your photoshop and editing it onto this image myself but figured I'd probably get slapped for that lol)

This isn't representative of an agenda nor is it an endemic societal issue as the OP has repeatedly implied. It's a white pointy hat that got past Blizzard QA and is now going to become a slightly less pointy hat.