Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's the same with their push for stronger female characters, yet at the same time, i can't think of more bipolar characters than Sylvanas, Tyrande and Jaina in the last four years, which again speaks to their lack of self awareness.
    It's hilarious to what extent they communicate the exact opposite message of what they intend. Consider BFA's lesson that a woman, much like a brown man, being in charge will lead your state to death and destruction. Their lack of impulse control will mean they'll be quick to warmonger, relying on underhanded tricks to compete. True wisdom comes only through the mouth of a hereditary male monarch, who despite his youth, can lead a multinational coalition because they all ultimately concede the superiority of his culture and apply it. The only one to resist his wisdom is also a woman. Said ruler recognizes that his values are worth the lives of any number of conscripted peasants sent to die in the meat grinder and that while the lower class might not like it right now, they will concede his wisdom later.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

You'll all get banned, one round of infractions was already dispensed. Discussing gender identity on the forum is forbidden, even if Blizzard does it in the game. Just drop the topic, it's not worth it. Not everything in the game can be discussed. I think mods should lock the topic altogether because of who it is about
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    [SPOILERS HEAVY]

...because I personally think that's lame.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-arb...poilers-324986

Pelagos is just one of the meaningless characters in the Shadowlands. Personally I'd rather even see Sylvanas or Tyrande doing that. Damn, even Arthas would have been a much more meaningful option.

Funny quote from the comments:

It's an analogy to the S8 GoT ending, which was pretty stupid also.
    Eh, there are worse picks, but yeah: a nobody for no particular reason.

Even Bolvar would be better. Or Kael'thas.
    Kael'thas as the arbiter would be hilarious.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Why do we even need an Arbiter anyway? Without the Janitor and his butlers, is there any reason why the Maw should be feared or should be a place of suffering? Janitor and co. were the ones torturing the unfortunate souls going there, but if they are defeated and gone then what exactly is the problem if all souls flow into the Maw? No one's there to torture them. Is it that the sky is red and scary or something

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's hilarious to what extent they communicate the exact opposite message of what they intend. Consider BFA's lesson that a woman, much like a brown man, being in charge will lead your state to death and destruction. Their lack of impulse control will mean they'll be quick to warmonger, relying on underhanded tricks to compete. True wisdom comes only through the mouth of a hereditary male monarch, who despite his youth, can lead a multinational coalition because they all ultimately concede the superiority of his culture and apply it. The only one to resist his wisdom is also a woman. Said ruler recognizes that his values are worth the lives of any number of conscripted peasants sent to die in the meat grinder and that while the lower class might not like it right now, they will concede his wisdom later.
    This is an entertaining take.
    In my experience most extremes on the political spectra (let's face it: there is nothing left or right about gendernonsense) are so absurd that they would be their own best medicine by the grace of their counterproductivity, were it not for groupthinking.

Sadly groupthinking turns empathic people into drooling imbeciles more closely resembling lower monkeys than thinking humans, it barely matters whether that makes you think about religious nuts, literal nazis or present day wokeys. Or any other such social contagions.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why do we even need an Arbiter anyway? Without the Janitor and his butlers, is there any reason why the Maw should be feared or should be a place of suffering? Janitor and co. were the ones torturing the unfortunate souls going there, but if they are defeated and gone then what exactly is the problem if all souls flow into the Maw? No one's there to torture them. Is it that the sky is red and scary or something
    That would be more of question - what's the purpose of shadowlands? Arbiter is required to send souls to the proper realm in shadowlands. If all souls go to Maw then all the all covenants will be starved for Anima and wither away. Without Anderweald animal souls will not be reborn back into the world of the living, so that's one thing. The other 3 are required to protect and fetch / cleanse souls for use in Shadowlands. But what else would happen if Shadowlands didn't exist at all? Maybe the next patch will tell us why is even Shadowlands required. But I doubt. So far it looks like Shadowlands is required to power Shadowlands
    Last edited by procne; 2021-11-25 at 12:01 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    That would be more of question - what's the purpose of shadowlands? Arbiter is required to send souls to the proper realm in shadowlands. If all souls go to Maw then all the all covenants will be starved for Anima and wither away. Without Anderweald animal souls will not be reborn back into the world of the living, so that's one thing. The other 3 are required to protect and fetch / cleanse souls for use in Shadowlands. But what else would happen if Shadowlands didn't exist at all? Maybe the next patch will tell us why is even Shadowlands required. But I doubt. So far it looks like Shadowlands is required to power Shadowlands
    Someone should ask the First Ones why they designed the Shadowlands as a system that runs on anima in the first place. So when all souls go into place X, all other places starve and die eventually. Seems like an obvious design flaw to me.

Like why? I've literally never heard of an afterlife that runs on fuel, and if too many souls flow into Afterlife X, then everything else withers away and dies.

The more I look at Shadowlands, the more the First Ones look like idiots to me

The funniest part is that blizzard would be saying that their transgenre character is at the point where it doesn't want to exist anymore.

Blizzard checking off boxes instead of creating a coherent story

I think him becoming the Arbiter is an absolute shit decision. Theoretically only 25% of the player base even know who he is and even then many of those players don't even care that he exists. Instead of making someone familiar by the player base as a whole they give the title to this side, side character. It's totally a token promotion because of what he is in the game and not because he necessarily deserves it. Why not give it to Uther?

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I think him becoming the Arbiter is an absolute shit decision. Theoretically only 25% of the player base even know who he is and even then many of those players don't even care that he exists. Instead of making someone familiar by the player base as a whole they give the title to this side, side character. It's totally a token promotion because of what he is in the game and not because he necessarily deserves it. Why not give it to Uther?
    Because he needs to stand inside the little farm house in Stormwind when the Kyrian become an Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It remains to be added that when a Man who is not human and his position is not injured betrays one of his allies, a huge conflict begins.
    When Anduin does the exact same thing. Elune comes to Calmara Tyrande so that she does not have internal conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It could have litterally been anyone, since it starts and stops having meaning all at the same time. He gets crowned, before we even fight the jailer, we will never revisit Shadowlands and it will never again be important, and he will be drowned out entirely by whatever big plot twist happens during the jailor fight.

They could have madei t murky and it would have the same narrative effect in the long term.

It is, ENTIRELY, meaningless and is just proof positive they have zero intention on ever touching SL again.
    This, completely.

And here is everyone throwing a fit about it. geez.

This is most likely done solely because it's a transgender character, which now gets a high position. It's all real world politics infesting the game.

Which is exactly the problem with the entire company, they're busier playing real world politics than making fun games.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Meaningless character become meaningless arbiter of meaningless shadowlands.
    This.

It's pretty damn dumb, all of it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Everyone get ready for 'fractals' to be the explanation for every gaping plot hole the end of Shadowlands will leave unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I've literally never heard of an afterlife that runs on fuel
    Behold an afterlife conceived by atheists who reject the possibility of an afterlife. One of the primary reasons Meaninglesslands was doomed to flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

If they made Sylvie to be the new arbiter, then she would be stuck there and would never be able to join the fun later.

The fact that we're not even allowed to discuss the most prominent aspect of this character should say enough on the matter

3+ Year Old Account
    It just... seems kinda random to me? Like someone threw an arrow at a picture board with SL characters and Pelagos is who it landed on. YMMV of course
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.