Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This whole situation is obviously unacceptable. Anyone defending the transmog-set is suffering from serious Stockholm syndrome.

I don't even like the cash-shop set's aesthetic, but it's abundantly clear a LOT more time and effort went into it than the "Tier Sets" being added in 9.2. It has been made abundantly clear, time and time again, even after the fucking "shards of domination", that "Tier Sets" are NOT about "set bonuses", they're about class aesthetics. Two patches in a row, Blizzard has played dumb on this.

Now, obviously Blizzard is in a whole heaping mess right now. You've got the lawsuits, then other employees are spending time retroactively making the game "woke", all while there's clearly no cohesive vision for WoW anyways. But these recent cash-shop additions are making a bad situation look infinitely worse, and it's absolutely incredible that Blizzard must straight-up NOT HAVE a PR team.

I'm not even being facetious when I say, it is almost like people at Blizzard *want* the company to go under. I legitimately don't think their optics could be any worse than they are not, even if they tried (or perhaps they already are?).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Imagine making these sets:

And then putting THAT set into the store:

Just check out the 3D models, the animations, the colors.
    You cannot tell me that the store set is less detailed and people have made a lot less effort in designing it.

The animation is really beautiful:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...3JYmESIusu.mp4

The Murlocs backpack is also cool:

Though I don't really think it's a big problem compared to the items we're getting for paying the subscription compared to the ones we can buy.
    The store bought ones are effing ugly lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    This whole situation is obviously unacceptable. Anyone defending the transmog-set is suffering from serious Stockholm syndrome.

I don't even like the cash-shop set's aesthetic, but it's abundantly clear a LOT more time and effort went into it than the "Tier Sets" being added in 9.2. It has been made abundantly clear, time and time again, even after the fucking "shards of domination", that "Tier Sets" are NOT about "set bonuses", they're about class aesthetics. Two patches in a row, Blizzard has played dumb on this.

Now, obviously Blizzard is in a whole heaping mess right now. You've got the lawsuits, then other employees are spending time retroactively making the game "woke", all while there's clearly no cohesive vision for WoW anyways. But these recent cash-shop additions are making a bad situation look infinitely worse, and it's absolutely incredible that Blizzard must straight-up NOT HAVE a PR team.

I'm not even being facetious when I say, it is almost like people at Blizzard *want* the company to go under. I legitimately don't think their optics could be any worse than they are not, even if they tried (or perhaps they already are?).
    The store item is a particle effect and outline which is used on multiple transmogs and character models. Likely to mean it's saved as a default effect requiring less effort. Looking pretty does not equal more effort if it's things they've done in the past.

Secondly there have been multiple instances in the past where tier sets had no link to the class or raid the item's dropped from. Sometimes they just design set's to look cool and they don't.

Ok so whether a set is beautiful or not is entirely subjective and there are a couple tiers that I prefer over the store set (eg; Paladin mythic variant).

What is objective though is that there is a metric ton more effort being put into the store set with the animations, glow effects and all the separate 3d pieces. This is a set that is in general of much higher quality than most things that are available in game and I do not think this is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thank you for reminding us that capitalism is bad. I'll be sending my congressman a sternly worded letter and hopefully he will address this in a timely manner.
    Capitalism is bad because you have to pay for stuff? Srsly??

Greed is what is bad. Don’t reward greedy people

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Capitalism is bad because you have to pay for stuff? Srsly??

Greed is what is bad. Don’t reward greedy people
    Where's the greed? Greed, to me, sounds like charging a monthly service fee to access a video game. Why aren't we up in arms about that?

5+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they put some more celestial shit in the future. Hmm, I would like to have a celestial house for example instead of a swampy garrison. I would be having a portal to the realm of juiciness, god that would be so lovely. For now, I guess, I'm satisfied with living with Algalon in Ulduar. At least he's not lonely anymore. Of course, I also would like a nice weapon and more pets
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-11-23 at 07:41 PM.

I have no problem with transmog/mounts other shop items that don't really fit in with the current themes, (Such as glow kitty or sparkle pony) it's just annoying when you see more work on them than in the models in game.

My main issue is when you end up with something like an expansion filled with giant sprite darters and ravager mounts, but they're in the shop already so we just get more reskins in game.

Or the banana dragon, which it seems a lot like it was meant to have been a reward for the "Chromatic Champion" achivement but then was changed to be a store mount to get some more money from it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I really wish they put some more celestial shit in the future. Hmm, I would like to have a celestial house for example instead of a swampy garrison. I would be having a portal to the realm of juiciness, god that would be so lovely. For now, I guess, I'm satisfied with living with Algalon in Ulduar. At least he's not lonely anymore. Of course, I also would like a nice weapon and more pets
    There's an Algalon-themed encounter in the next raid... he drops Algalon-themed gear, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    There's an Algalon-themed encounter in the next raid... he drops Algalon-themed gear, too.
    Don't even tell me about Rygelon. My homeboy from Southern Hemisphere. I just can't stand it ok? Why do they have to do this to me! Crushing my cosmic nerdy dreams! I don't even want gear out of him. I will be skipping this boss, unless there is a possibility to save him. Damn it.

Starting to notice there is much less vitriol coming towards these tier sets now. Can't say why, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Snip
    The only nice thing about the store set is the particle effects. The actual gear looks like dungeon blue bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Don't even tell me about Rygelon. My homeboy from Southern Hemisphere. I just can't stand it ok? Why do they have to do this to me! Crushing my cosmic nerdy dreams! I don't even want gear out of him. I will be skipping this boss, unless there is a possibility to save him. Damn it.
    He's right up before Zovaal, part of the locked-off 3 bosses, and that makes me think that he will go down dropping some AWESOME lore-revealing quotes, at the very least.

His death won't be in vain. If only we got there before Zovaal Dominated him, imagine that he'd say then. At least we get to free him, even if we can't save him.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Both look awful and low effort.

Could someone quickly check and let us know how many total sets (class tiers, dungeon sets, questing sets, island expeditions sets, pvp sets, torghast, etc) are obtainable in-game vs how many are purchasable in the shop?

I'd risk saying it's something like ~600 vs 2 (celestial thingie and yeti pajamas?)?

How off am i?

That said, is this really a concern?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-11-23 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i agree on this. while i never was a fun of this boring 2 and 4 tier set thing, i had a good laugh when i saw the set models. The sketchworks for the tier sets, look way far different from whatever you like to call the new models that made it into the game
    love WoWarcraft

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    He's right up before Zovaal, part of the locked-off 3 bosses, and that makes me think that he will go down dropping some AWESOME lore-revealing quotes, at the very least.

His death won't be in vain. If only we got there before Zovaal Dominated him, imagine that he'd say then. At least we get to free him, even if we can't save him.
    Yeah. I just literally read somewhere in the Greek mythology today, that Orion (Rygelon) has been blinded and the Sun God guided him and he recovered his sight. I started to wonder if this is not some kind of a spoiler regarding Kael'thas. That would be so great. The motive of the Sun is appearing everywhere in relation to Observing. I think this whole "observing" is nothing more than just having a star that is life-sustaining Azeroth, exactly like in a properly working Solar System, so the planet wouldn't fall to the Void. This would be exactly what the Constellar is doing and if this is true then their role is really important.

By the way, thank you for supporting my beloved race. I fully support the world revamp concept as well. I can't wait for this to finally happen!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-11-23 at 09:36 PM.

Why bother making new sets and all when everyone just instantly transmogs it to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Why bother making new sets and all when everyone just instantly transmogs it to something else?
    Perhaps this wouldn't happen if the new sets were actually worth transmogging to instead of looking like Argus blue sets

Where's the greed? Greed, to me, sounds like charging a monthly service fee to access a video game. Why aren't we up in arms about that?
    You are probably the most obnoxious poster on MMO C