Thread: Cheap gaming pc

10+ Year Old Account

Cheap gaming pc

Let me start off with saying I'm in the market for buying a cheap gaming pc...my current rig is on its last leg and I've only got limited funds. That being said probably even some of the cheapest pcs would probably be better than my current pc which is almost 8 years old.

I've only just started looking at pre-built ones...buying my own component probably would be cheaper but I only have experience with replacing certain parts, not assembling a while pc from scratch and I don't have the tools for it. I may know someone locally who could do it for me for a decent price if I could find all the parts I need at a cheap enough price

But for the record I start looking here for lower cost pre-built pcs

This being one of the cheapest I saw, it blows my current pc out of the water and it's definitely affordable for me.

https://www.newegg.com/p/3D5-0002-00...quicklink=true

I doubt that rx 550 is better than what you have, it performs less than a midrange card that came out in 2010 accdg to tpu gpu hierarchy, and its an i5 6th gen, it means its 4core/4thread, literally wont push frames above 40fps that came out in the past 3 years. Is your computer broken?
    now is the worst time to be building a pc, coz of gpus specifically

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...n-rx-550.c2947
    Look at the relative performance vs what you have, I personally would not upgrade an 8yr old rig to anything less than 400%-500% relative performance
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-11-21 at 02:44 AM.

Really wouldn't bother with that old Dell. For around the same price you can start building your own modern machine that you can upgrade and add parts to.

The integrated graphics in the 5600g are going to be better than that rx550. Yes you're only buying a single stick of 8gb ram but it's enough to get you going, and it's a cheap part. You only need to save up $40 then you can add another stick which will be a big increase to performance for the integrated graphics. Plus you can add your own graphics card later down the line if you save up.

Not included windows though. If you already have a key then great. If not, you can buy one for about $20 online.

As for tools, all you need is a screwdriver and watch a pc building guide on youtube. It's really quite easy. Or just get someone else to put it together for you.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($36.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.49 @ Adorama)
    Case: Cougar MX410 Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.50 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $539.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-20 21:51 EST-0500

the fact they aren't telling you which CPU is going to be in it is a huge red flag. the GPU is hot garbage. you could probably find a better PC, that isn't refurbished junk.

Like the post above me said, if you really need a new pc right now, its probably best to just buy a 5600g or 5700g and just buy a gpu in the future when gpu prices stabilizes, no such thing as "cheap" right now coz all gpus are marked up 200-300%, even old ones. A 5600g integrated graphics is roughly a 750ti, still better than what you linked

GamersNexus has a "at least it's not Dell prebuilt" award for things that are pretty garbo. Stay away from these.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown World View Post
    Really wouldn't bother with that old Dell. For around the same price you can start building your own modern machine that you can upgrade and add parts to.

The integrated graphics in the 5600g are going to be better than that rx550. Yes you're only buying a single stick of 8gb ram but it's enough to get you going, and it's a cheap part. You only need to save up $40 then you can add another stick which will be a big increase to performance for the integrated graphics. Plus you can add your own graphics card later down the line if you save up.

Not included windows though. If you already have a key then great. If not, you can buy one for about $20 online.

As for tools, all you need is a screwdriver and watch a pc building guide on youtube. It's really quite easy. Or just get someone else to put it together for you.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($36.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.49 @ Adorama)
    Case: Cougar MX410 Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.50 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $539.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-20 21:51 EST-0500
    My only comment would be to note that the OP said the linked PC was “definitely affordable”, so stretching slightly above the 540$ to say, 600$ and just getting the 16GB of RAM and a higher wattage PSU right off (just get the 650W version of that EVGA) would be a good idea. Especially since the APU performance will suffer A LOT with single-channel.

Otherwise, OP, this is definitely a better way to spend your money. The 5600G will do 1080p/medium just fine. You may even be able to scrimp a little and re-use your current HDD for mass storage (id still get the SSD for OS/frequently used games), and re-use your existing case.

I don't think it will be a good idea to buy a cheap gaming PC. Because as far as I know, for gaming the PC needs good configuration for better playing and speed.

Thanks a lot for this detailed thread. It helped.

A gaming computer can't be cheap. It's expensive, in my opinion.

The cost of gaming pc is depends on your game requirements. The higher resolution your game have the higher your pc cost will be.