Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just allow cross faction raids/M+

All other content should be faction locked. No entering opposite faction cities, towns/outposts etc. Factions should still matter from a world perspective (quests, lore, wpvp) since the main drawback with factions currently is that significantly dwindling playerbase is split.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Approximately 0% of players give a shit about faction story enough to jump through additional hoops to be able to do the cross faction content. You're basically arguing to annoy everybody with a fundamentally pointless system. Everything that players need to understand about cross-faction play can be explained with a text box that says, "Hey, opposing faction people can now apply to your guild/group."
    Exactly. We have already 17 years of lore of horde and alliance working toghether to overcome the bugger threat.

It would just take a small chain quest to tell the story of this change (cause some kind of "explanation" ia needed) but then it's should be just a switch flipped on.

WoW, unfortunately, is not really a story driven game. Story/lore is mostly functional to justify gameplay.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make everything soloable. Solved your group problem.

I’ll never understand why people care for this stuff, seems like a lot of effort for something that people will very quickly get used to and stop appreciating.

Is cross faction play really something a majority of people care for? I’ve just never seen the appeal.

I don’t care if it exists or not, but like others here have pointed out, this version seems a bit overly convoluted.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-11-30 at 09:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Question

I didn't read topic, because I don't share "positive" opinion in connection with such actions, but... I really wanted to note in general that main mistake, perhaps, I consider rudiment from previous game in the form of 2 factions, and their (excluding neutral/friendly/aggressive towards everyone else) should have been at least 3 (could be more, but it's hard to organized properly). Tripod does much more to maintain balance *looking thoughtfully at SC series* As I have said more than once, there must be a conflict, there must be a local factional fraternity for its fulness (ideologically, they fed it for many years, but forgot that technical part plays no less important in this case), guilds perform here role of association of interests or competitive part (conflicts here are of a different kind) and race is more aesthetic part.

ps. It's rather not much about what OP is so worried about, but balance of factions and binding of this to system/organization of server filling, with which I disagree (and system (still used) of launching Classic servers, at its time, only once more reminded me of this).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-01-06 at 07:36 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    However, the removal of the barriers, makes the entire reason for the heavy alliance/horde lore push irrelevant, as such the story /lore needs to also adjust to reflect this. So changes must come there too.. this is why i go into detail. If you want ot protect some modicum of the story/lore you have to make adjustments to this too.
    Not really, no. They didn't go and rewrite the entire lore to let people play battlegrounds as the other faction. You just slapped on a paper masks and joined their queue. All that needs to be done is jsut reuse the same thing. Slap on the mask, then you can queue and use the opposite faction's group finder as well as join parties with them. Ban, done. No need to rewrite any lore, other than an NPC asking you to 'go undercover' when you use it.

Faction lock never made sense. No lore needs to change to allow it. Ion said as much in the interview where he said they're open to it: "If Thrall and Jaina can work together, why can't players?" The system for faction removal is simple. Guilds and groups are completely removed from the faction system. They never should have been a part of the Horde or Alliance. You may join a group with any other player to defeat the enemies of Azeroth. Your guild is not registered with your faction, it's a mercenary company who will take whoever it can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

They need to make the mythic lock out the same as heroic for cross faction and pugging as well. I don't really think people overly care what the guy clearing heroic 12 times the first week will do.

I'd just open up grouping cross faction with no if or buts about it.

If you picked Alliance you can still only do Alliance and neutral quests, same for horde and horde quests. Leave cross faction questing, faction syncing and any issue that might have for another update. Instances would have to force everyone to count as the leaders (at the time of instance creation) faction for things like Icecrown Citadel or Siege of Borealus. For PvP cross grouping just keep cross faction groups to one side, whatever is most convenient for the matchmaking system. Call it an extension of mercenaries.

We players make up a disproportional amount of characters compared to what we do lore wise where we are one to maybe a few hundred depending on event but mainly we remain in the low end of the spectrum. Even if we take lore into account we have far more cross faction teamups of NPCs, in many cases on a per expansion level than canon involvement of players. (There is one Maw walker, only so many in any raid group of "adventurers" that killed any boss etc.) canonically speaking we'd blend in with other cross faction NPCs and traitors while doing cross faction actions or just rule them all as non canon. We didn't need a lore reason explaining why all servers were turned into non PvP servers when War mode came in and expanded PvP flagging so I think we'll survive this one too.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if the factions are open, but all races have at least 1 or 2 standard enemies they're hostile towards, but rep can be grind out for it.

Example:
    A Human can be hostile towards Orcs and Forsaken, but not towards Blood Elves or Tauren. They can be neutral/friendly with Orcs, but that shit has to be grind out in a rep.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Too bad that it isn't going to happen, no matter how blue in the face ally fans get
    Hell, many of us who lean Alliance were never a fan of it anyway. Jaina definitely felt like she was going for the most extreme option.

Personally I would've preferred a compromise. Instead of letting the Horde do whatever or dismantling the Horde, Lo'gosh should have stepped forward and claimed the mantle as Warchief, while Varian Wrynn remained High King of the Alliance. This would've forced the factions to remain working close together, slowly whittling away issues they have with each other, while also having a strong leader not able to be manipulated by Mueh'zala. Of course, Varian would need to not go get himself killed by Gul'dan, but as the leader of both factions, it would be easier to convince him to stay off the front lines, I'm pretty sure.

Wasn`t part of the whole idea behind dissolving factions not to pidgeonhole players into groups of necessity?
    Just have players be free agents, group up with whoever they want to, heck enjoy their time together with
    whichever race their friends play.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    They need to make the mythic lock out the same as heroic for cross faction and pugging as well. I don't really think people overly care what the guy clearing heroic 12 times the first week will do.
    You know this will encourage boosting even more, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I'd love it if the factions are open, but all races have at least 1 or 2 standard enemies they're hostile towards, but rep can be grind out for it.

Example:
    A Human can be hostile towards Orcs and Forsaken, but not towards Blood Elves or Tauren. They can be neutral/friendly with Orcs, but that shit has to be grind out in a rep.
    -Timmy, we need a healer for our raid group tonight. Out druid is sick!
    -I can't join your group, because you have a Tauren in the group and I am hostile to Taurens for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Approximately 0% of players give a shit about faction story enough to jump through additional hoops to be able to do the cross faction content. You're basically arguing to annoy everybody with a fundamentally pointless system. Everything that players need to understand about cross-faction play can be explained with a text box that says, "Hey, opposing faction people can now apply to your guild/group."
    Well seeing as I am one, clearly it is t 0%. Wanna bet all those lore forum people also give a shit

This is a bad idea. Uniting the factions is a bad idea that once implemented it cannot be removed and let me tell you plenty of people are gonna ask for it to be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    This is a bad idea. Uniting the factions is a bad idea that once implemented it cannot be removed and let me tell you plenty of people are gonna ask for it to be removed.
    I'm going to ask you the same thing I ask most people I see that say this: If uniting the factions is a terrible idea, what other option would you recommend to help with the high level player/guild exodus from the Alliance to the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Faction lock never made sense. No lore needs to change to allow it. Ion said as much in the interview where he said they're open to it: "If Thrall and Jaina can work together, why can't players?" The system for faction removal is simple. Guilds and groups are completely removed from the faction system. They never should have been a part of the Horde or Alliance. You may join a group with any other player to defeat the enemies of Azeroth. Your guild is not registered with your faction, it's a mercenary company who will take whoever it can get.
    This. It has been the Class Orders which have defeated the Legion, while Alliance and Horde have been busy wasting resources on pointless skirmishes between Greymane and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm going to ask you the same thing I ask most people I see that say this: If uniting the factions is a terrible idea, what other option would you recommend to help with the high level player/guild exodus from the Alliance to the Horde?
    Honestly, I'd say an aggressive, organized streamer shift to the Alliance, including several large raiding guilds paired with periods of free transfers. Of course that can't happen on it's own, so Activision would have to get involved, incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well seeing as I am one, clearly it is t 0%. Wanna bet all those lore forum people also give a shit
    Why does there have to be a massive lore justification? The Alliance and Horde have already teamed up to defeat every big bad of every expansion. The ability to group cross-faction doesn't need to be gated behind a system... the game already has too many of those anyway. I think if given a choice between adding yet another system to the game and just allowing cross faction play, almost every player would choose the latter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-11-30 at 05:56 PM.