Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Feel like you too are now forever stuck in a “wait and see” cycle?

I am afraid of resubbing as much as I would like to, I’m afraid of regret and frustration at how promised changes turn out to be versus what’s announced.

There seems to always be a catch now and things are never straight forward anymore. Like we gave you what you asked for but we did it our way with a twist, included some arbitrary gating mechanics...etc that’s bound to frustrate players and drive them away from the game again.

Wish retail can go back to WoW’s roots by keeping things simple: all raids are relevant and useful even when on farm / out geared like in the good old vanilla times. Wish they had a simple raid clear time server wide leaderboard. This would be great now that we have tier sets back.

I just don’t trust them at all now and the recent issues made me lose all interest in the game.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-11-22 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is way better when you don't bother to play it anymore. just watch the videos. That's how I scratch my wow itch.

My experience with this has been with the Campaign Weekly releasing through Renown.

I found I enjoyed Shadowlands a lot more when I waited to be able to go Renown 1-40 all in one go. The first time I did it week by week during the first 3 months of launch, which can be frustrating to just have to wait and see what your requirements next week are to gather that renown.

So then I just gave it time for 9.1.5 before I resubbed to get my renown up to 80.

I find with these things that only we can really remedy/find the solution for ourselves by just shaping the meaning of 'End Game' for ourselves.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another retail VS Classic thread from you. You never learn.

I think it's pretty crazy that you get such huge dillema wether or not play a video game.

It's just a game. Chill. If you are not having fun, move on to something you like. There is really no need to sit in your dark room, watching the stars and pondering if that game company is worth your trust or if you are going to have the time of your life killing pixels over internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The game is way better when you don't bother to play it anymore. just watch the videos. That's how I scratch my wow itch.
    same, and if i want that MMO itch scratched i go and play FF14 and ESO

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    same, and if i want that MMO itch scratched i go and play FF14 and ESO
    Problem is that no other games are a proper substitute for WoW. FF14 is the most polished alternative themepark game for sure, but it doesn't have WoW's aesthetics. It doesn't have good PvP, and it doesn't have strong faction or racial identity like WoW does.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I am afraid of resubbing as much as I would like to, I’m afraid of regret and frustration at how promised changes turn out to be versus what’s announced.

There seems to always be a catch now and things are never straight forward anymore. Like we gave you what you asked for but we did it our way with a twist, included some arbitrary gating mechanics...etc that’s bound to frustrate players and drive them away from the game again.

Wish retail can go back to WoW’s roots by keeping things simple: all raids are relevant and useful even when on farm / out geared like in the good old vanilla times. Wish they had a simple raid clear time server wide leaderboard. This would be great now that we have tier sets back.

I just don’t trust them at all now and the recent issues made me lose all interest in the game.
    That is current WoW and it doesn't look like its ever going to change. The new patch is literally just more of the same. If you didn't like it and you're not hopelessly addicted, then don't bother returning. You'll get tired of it within a week. If any of your friends are left, they're probably shells of what they used to be and it'll be depressing seeing them in that state. Stay away.

i can still experience the story through channels like nobbel, still see cinematics and cutscenes here on mmochamp, and other things related to the lore. i'd prefer to experience the lore in the game but if the game is being made into a crap product (as well as the lore currently), then i'm not going to pay for "access" to my character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Problem is that no other games are a proper substitute for WoW. FF14 is the most polished alternative themepark game for sure, but it doesn't have WoW's aesthetics. It doesn't have good PvP, and it doesn't have strong faction or racial identity like WoW does.
    i completely feel that. as amazing as ff14 is, i would still return to wow in a heartbeat if the devs and heads would take their heads out of their behinds are start making a good game again. and preferably without the sexual harassment and discrimination this time.

Yeah. Things are never truly good today. Something is always wrong. And I'm not even in "wait and see" cycle. Today it's obvious, that we will never get better game without fundamental changes, that will GUARANTEE quality of game. Example: Blizzard give us flying in 9.2. This may give you hope, that they're implementing per-patch pathfinder. But they have never promised it and therefore can change their minds at any moment and do 9.1.x crap again. So, they have to come out and say, that per patch pathfinder is GUARANTEED. But overall it's not enough - even more global changes are needed. BFA has proved, that game can be bad even with flying. We need so called "casual mode", where it's GUARANTEED, that content cater to casual players. Example: raiders know for sure, that this game will always have high quality raids in it, so they can pre-order game without any doubts. But casual players can't say the same. Game constantly changes. Sometimes it feels better, sometimes worse. Nothing is guaranteed. But it should be.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    my Wait and See is to wait and see how they lead into 10.0
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Such a lie. You'll be back to make another one of these threads... after you get back from your vacation, that is.

I'd feel that way if I became too tolerant to WoW crack and still wanted WoW to be my main source of dopamine. Fortunately I've mostly moved on, you can't experience things for the first time again.

Uff... those are hardly strong points.
    People want them to get rid of the faction divide.
    The PvP in WoW is only better if you are into unbalanced one shot matches.

I think the only thing WoW does well is the player power customization. It allows for pretty interesting and different builds which you can then take to the raid, pvp or mythic+.
    Like the whole talents+lego+soulbind+covenant ability things are actually alright. It's how they are aquired and the system limitations that are the issue. But, that is the only place where there is still fun to be had in WoW imo.
    That is certainly the only thing FF is missing.

With that said, it does have it's benefits balance wise.

If one wants a game that has that custumization aspect, i sugest SWTOR.
    They have also a talent system+tactical+set bonus thing going.
    Though, it's about to change soon as they have a new xpac coming that will revamp the whole thing.

Anyways... OP. You aren't missing much. I am looking forward to leaving this game behind in 6 months or so after i clear the next tier.
    I am gonna wait and see what the next xpac looks like, buy i don't have high hopes.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-23 at 05:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Wait and see, Legion will fix the game!" (Well Legion was kinda fun, but still lost a lot of player interest)
    "Wait and see, BFA will fix the game!"
    "Wait and see, Shadowlands is off the wall bonkers we're pulling out ALL THE STOPS to make the BEST WOW EXPANSION EVER HOLY SHIT RESUB YOU'LL LOVE IT"
    "10.0 will fix WoW, wait and see, it's gonna be amazing."

As others have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. One thing people need to start doing is they need to stop with this mentality that they have to be married to a game. You can play other games. Have other experiences. You say you like WoW's world, lore, aesthetic, races, classes, raids, etc. and nothing else will do? I've heard that same story hundreds of times. The same people who said that are now in the deep end of FFXIV.

Give other games a try. If you don't like it, move on and try something else. That simple.

I realize the initial feeling that you're "cheating" on WoW is harsh. I realize getting used to the controls of a new game can be awkward, but give games a fair chance, and you might find your new favorite out there. Because from my angle, every day I see tons more people expressing how much they feel physical pain and anxiety just logging into WoW. And that's when you need to stop.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-11-23 at 05:58 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    after 16 years of uninterupted wow, i sadly have the same experience more and more, in the last 3-4 months.

from time to time some „i could play my [insert some class here] toon to 245 ilvl, by some m+15 runs and some SoD HC runs“ thought comes into my mind. then i look at my actual main and think about redoing all the quests, Korthia, getting Stygia, Conduits, Renown, getting Soul Cinders, Torghast, updating the Korthia Gems to max, and all that shit…. and i quickly forget about touching wow, even for a second.

heck, even the item to remove korthia gems from gear, costs 2500 stygia. i have 13.000 stygia on my main, but i have to login on 4 chars, doing the the helbound chest (250 stygia accountbound item) multiple times, just to get some 2500 stygia to my alt. while my main do not know, what to do with 13.000 stygia.

in EXACTLY that moment, thanks to that horrible game design, the lifesaver „wtf“ thought comes into my mind, preventing and protecting me, to again play this shit show of a game, wow retail became. so, in some way, i am thankful, that this game design is that huge pile of shit.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-11-23 at 06:00 AM.

and it doesn't have strong faction or racial identity like WoW does.
    WoW doesn't have this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    WoW doesn't have this.
    To be fair, it's the one thing I think WoW does decently. FFXIV doesn't do factions, and I think how WoW handles factions can be lame most of the time, but there is a sense of faction loyalty and identity. Same with the races. You feel a connection to the lore of your character's race. But that's it. They do those things relatively well, but the overall experience is shallow.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    To be fair, it's the one thing I think WoW does decently. FFXIV doesn't do factions, and I think how WoW handles factions can be lame most of the time, but there is a sense of faction loyalty and identity. Same with the races. You feel a connection to the lore of your character's race. But that's it. They do those things relatively well, but the overall experience is shallow.
    Faction and Race identity/loyalty have never been relevant or executed properly in World of Warcrafts entire narrative history. Like you said, it's very shallow.

If you deleted all the races from the Horde bar Orcs no one would realise, likewise for Alliance but with Humans narratively.

Horde and Alliance have no difference except playing on the Alliance sucks ass gameplay wise, that's about it.

Faction divide has no purpose in WoW, gameplay wise or narratively except to make gameplay more annoying and to sell faction changes to Alliance players.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-11-23 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "Wait and see, Legion will fix the game!" (Well Legion was kinda fun, but still lost a lot of player interest)
    "Wait and see, BFA will fix the game!"
    "Wait and see, Shadowlands is off the wall bonkers we're pulling out ALL THE STOPS to make the BEST WOW EXPANSION EVER HOLY SHIT RESUB YOU'LL LOVE IT"
    "10.0 will fix WoW, wait and see, it's gonna be amazing."

As others have said, if you're not having fun, stop playing. One thing people need to start doing is they need to stop with this mentality that they have to be married to a game. You can play other games. Have other experiences. You say you like WoW's world, lore, aesthetic, races, classes, raids, etc. and nothing else will do? I've heard that same story hundreds of times. The same people who said that are now in the deep end of FFXIV.

Give other games a try. If you don't like it, move on and try something else. That simple.

I realize the initial feeling that you're "cheating" on WoW is harsh. I realize getting used to the controls of a new game can be awkward, but give games a fair chance, and you might find your new favorite out there. Because from my angle, every day I see tons more people expressing how much they feel physical pain and anxiety just logging into WoW. And that's when you need to stop.
    all you said is imo 100% accurate. but there is still that problem of „long term dependency and long term investment“.

i for myself do not even WANT to play other games. one of the greatest aspects of wow for me is, that i have that 1 game, that i play to infinity. and in that one game i invested a lot of time, since 16 years. all the „hunt and collect“ mentality has lead to having 12 max classes, A LOT of achievements and collected stuff. this all was an investment over years and i for myself totally understand why a „let it go“ is not that easy, when you bring these things on the table.

if we would talk about some console game, or things like counter strike etc. i am TOTALLY on your side. i for myself played A LOT of games in my life and foremost before 2005. for all that games, yes, you are right. but exactly that „1 game“ thing, where all stuff happens and evolve, is what made wow great for me. so, to me, „leaving wow“ and „stop playing i.e. CSS after years“ is not the same thing

so, for „normal“ games, yes, totally agree. but some mmorpg, with all the worlds and expacs you did, the big world formed in your head, with all the books/lore read, with all that stuff you collected and achieved, with all your beloved characters… no, its not as easy as it sounds in your post. even when i 100% agree.

in short: i can totally understand why some ppl have that „weird marriage“ with wow and why „just play other games“ is not so easy for longterm wow gaming, than for other games.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-11-23 at 06:15 AM.