Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    literally the point of any hobby

to burn hours
    A hobby rewards you for your time and investment. Whether thats in pure pleasure, intangible benefits such as mental/physical engagement, etc...

Honestly gaming has never been much of a hobby, its more of a pure time waster. Its like saying going out to party is a hobby. At least with parties you gain actual experiences, not short fleeting experiences that are gone the second another short fleeting artificial experience comes along.

I’ll admit I forgot what it was like way back when. Gave in and thought I’d try tbc classic, made a warlock and was out of mana in three shadowbolts. Had to stab that boar to death

Quote Originally Posted by troqu View Post
    Probably just me getting old though for the most part. I find gaming in general has a lot less joy in it than it used to and when all I see are systems that make me think "this is work" like so many games seem to put in these days it's hard to want to bother. Back when I was younger that stuff was awesome cause it just meant "more fun", but I don't find it fun anymore so it's just "more tedium" instead now.
    Damn, I think that's actually true for me too and part of the reason I've gone off WoW. I had more fun in a recent Mass Effect trilogy playthrough than I've had for ages in WoW. Great story, great characters, fun gameplay and almost devoid of anything that feels like it's just been put in to waste my time (Mako missions can piss off though). Thinking about logging into WoW and making all those various bars fill up bit by bit makes me feel mildly nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Content now a days is all about a patch. That is the problem. I think that we are already living a "Seasonal" stlyle of game but we don´t know it.
    Now a days? It's been like this since WOTLK.