Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    If there is someone better than you then boosting exists. In raiding guilds only bad players get rewarded cause they get free boost.
    Shit attitude, but it represents every fkin thing that is wrong about this world...
    You know, there were times when people helped each other "just because" made them feel good, and not just for gold, any currency, blowjobs or etc.
    Just being "fellow human beings" you know... Well you don't.

  2. #182
    Old God Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Unfortunately, as subs seem to be very low now, "hidden" microtransactions - is major way to get profit for Blizzard. So, there are just two ways to play this game properly. You either work for Blizzard, i.e. provide boosting service, and then you get all rewards for free, including cash shop ones. Or you pay $$$ to buy gold and get boosted. All other players are pushed out of game, even if they pay sub fee. Just sub fee no longer enough for Blizzard.
    I have the suspicion that Blizzard doesn't actually give a flying @#$& about sub numbers, since they are raking in more or less the same money as in MoP, the only difference being that playerbase is likely to be quite smaller this time. This means that every remaining player, as an average, is effectively paying much more than $15/month, and I really doubt that store cosmetics are the bulk of the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Shadowlands could have had half it's timegated, grindy, restrictive, pointless mechanics removed and replaced with nothing and it would have just been a straight up better game for it.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    You are absolutely incorrect here, as I've already noted. The effects of the token/boosting are why I have quit WoW. I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one to leave over the design decisions that are a direct consequence of the token/boosting.
    This ought to be rich. What "design decisions" are made around tokens?

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Shit attitude, but it represents every fkin thing that is wrong about this world...
    You know, there were times when people helped each other "just because" made them feel good, and not just for gold, any currency, blowjobs or etc.
    Just being "fellow human beings" you know... Well you don't.
    I know that you want to promote laziness, it is only human nature to be lazy and live life without hardship, but you know that some need to step outside of that comfort zone and get shit done. I think players just forgot how long they have been abusing kindness of better players, and when there is even slight interest in getting rewarded for it, you guys shit your pants. Natural reaction to lazy person truly.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I have the suspicion that Blizzard doesn't actually give a flying @#$& about sub numbers, since they are raking in more or less the same money as in MoP, the only difference being that playerbase is likely to be quite smaller this time. This means that every remaining player, as an average, is effectively paying much more than $15/month, and I really doubt that store cosmetics are the bulk of the difference.
    It isn't a suspicion, they flat out state it in all of their earning calls.
    Their whole marketing approach is to leech as much money out of active players as possible. They are trying to retain players unless they are spending well over their sub each quarter on store items/services.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Anyone with half a brain cell knew this would come to pass when they brought the token to the game. Why would Blizzard stop something making them a lot of their current WoW revenue at this point?
    We've been selling boosts since vanilla. There was no token then. This is not a new issue, just people whining about it.

    The ONLY problem with boosting is the trade chat spam. That's it. People bought boosts long before the token, so that's not the cause.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    I literally buy boosts every expansion with money I make from AH. Argument wrecked.
    Then you are from a club that not many have joined. Most the gamers I know have told me secretly they do it for money...real money. I never rat them out cause that is their problem. And I will never play police for booty grabbing WoW.

    They have issues and they need to fix them for their selves.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Shit attitude, but it represents every fkin thing that is wrong about this world...
    You know, there were times when people helped each other "just because" made them feel good, and not just for gold, any currency, blowjobs or etc.
    Just being "fellow human beings" you know... Well you don't.
    weird comment, as he didnt mention gold at all, even if you help someone for free its still boosting...

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    I have already seen and reported multiple multiboxers in season of mastery.
    Unless they're using external programs they're doing nothing wrong.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    Boosting encourages purchasing tokens to pay for the boosts. Blizzard loves token sales because business. So Blizzard begins to design the game in such a way as to encourage boosting to, in turn, promote token sales.
    You seems to have internal information on the tokens sales. I love to see how much, percentage wise, tokens accounts for their revenue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    You now have a game where either you're either a booster, buying boosts, or a mid-tier scrub shooting for AOTC or KM with your guild by the end of the patch. If you're not at least mid-tier and aren't buying boosts then you're literally playing for the shabbiest cosmetics and part of the story and nothing else of any value. Well, you could be into RP.
    Thanks for the insults. So people not using tokens are now considered mid-tier scrubs?

    You have failed to tell me how the game is bad due to token sales. All I read are adjectives and insults.

  11. #191
    I personally don't have a problem with boosting itself. The out of control wide spread advertisement of it is more the problem. If I join a public server wide channel it's pretty much an endlessly rolling spam of boost advertisements. I open up the group finder and it is all over the place. I get tells randomly telling me what people charge and when the times are for boosting. I was on an alt messing around in LFR and people were advertising it just in the LFR chat. Just kind of out of control right now. Just create a public bulletin board they are allowed to advertise on. Automatically block it anywhere else. Repeat offenders can find their account facing bans.

    After that it doesn't matter. It has always happened and always will. The coin has made it to where people can do it with the slide of a credit card instead of hard work so its wide spread. Fine, whatever, I don't like it but it is the reality so we got to face it. Just end the out of control advertisement.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

    Let's say boosting is banned.

    Suddenly your guild gets a new recruit. Grey parsing, dies to everything. Leaves the guild after he obviously fails his trial. Still got a few upgrades from the raid though. Oh, and there's 250k in the guild bank that wasn't there before. Strange.
    Did you reply to the wrong person or something?
    I don't care how or why they could solve boosting, because its the playerbase causing the issues.

    Stop encouraging mediocre players to buy their way to success, and mediocre players get better and achieve success yourself.

    That is why boosting exists in the first place, and it shouldn't. Its a video game that is all about progression. Stop paying to rob yourself of it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Did you reply to the wrong person or something?
    I don't care how or why they could solve boosting, because its the playerbase causing the issues.

    Stop encouraging mediocre players to buy their way to success, and mediocre players get better and achieve success yourself.

    That is why boosting exists in the first place, and it shouldn't. Its a video game that is all about progression. Stop paying to rob yourself of it.
    I replied to you mostly to illustrate that even if you somehow managed the impossible task of reprogramming millions of players to simply not want to get boosted, boosting would still exist. It just wouldn't be called boosting. As long as capital in this video game can be traded for in-game goods, the incentive to trade that capital for a service (boosting) will exist; you cannot remove that unless you remove capital from the game.

  14. #194
    I legitimately don't have an issue with boosting on its own. The issue I have is how rampant it is due to the inclusion of the WoW token; Players are essentially back and forth trading gold and WoW tokens between boosters and boostees at this point.

    I have no issue with someone farming herbs for a month straight in order to earn their mythic kill grey parse; I have an issue that I could create a new account today and get the gold to do it a few hours later (with Blizzard's consent). Gold making has never seemed so meaningless.

    Boosting will always exist, regardless of if it's permitted; But right now it's border-line encouraged by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-11-23 at 05:00 PM.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I legitimately don't have an issue with boosting on its own. The issue I have is how rampant it is due to the inclusion of the WoW token; Players are essentially back and forth trading gold and WoW tokens between boosters and boostees at this point.

    I have no issue with someone farming herbs for a month straight in order to earn their mythic kill grey parse; I have an issue that I could create a new account today and get the gold to do it a few hours later. Gold making has never seemed so meaningless.
    If you're talking about Mythic Sylvanas -- last I checked it was about 25 million gold for that. You can only buy one token every four hours and a maximum of 20 tokens a week. Taking into consideration an average sales price of 200k per token, it would be almost two months before you could realistically pay for the boost.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you're talking about Mythic Sylvanas -- last I checked it was about 25 million gold for that. You can only buy one token every four hours and a maximum of 20 tokens a week. Taking into consideration an average sales price of 200k per token, it would be almost two months before you could realistically pay for the boost.
    Mythic Sylvanas is going for 6m on Draenor EU horde right now. There is a weekly cap to tokens, but the one token every four hours thing is false. I'm not sure what the daily is (if there is one), but I know it's at least more than 3. I know this because I'm guilty of buying WoW tokens for my bronto at the last minute.

    Edit

    Just checked, the only limitation is that you can't have more than 1 in your inventory at a time + the weekly cap of 20. You just have to put it on the AH every time you get one.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-11-23 at 05:11 PM.

  17. #197
    Old God Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    right now it's border-line encouraged by Blizzard.
    Of course it is, after all Blizz gets free $5 for every token that changes hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Shadowlands could have had half it's timegated, grindy, restrictive, pointless mechanics removed and replaced with nothing and it would have just been a straight up better game for it.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Mythic Sylvanas is going for 6m on Draenor EU horde right now. There is a weekly cap to tokens, but the one token every four hours thing is false. I'm not sure what the daily is (if there is one), but I know it's at least more than 3.
    You have to wait for somebody to buy the token. I used four hours as an average because you cannot realistically expect people to sit around waiting to buy a new token the second the one you just put up is sold. The last time I looked at Mythic Sylv kills was when it was still in the HoF so that's probably why the example I used was off; even said, you're still waiting more than a week for the gold to come in. It's not nearly as simple as "swiping a credit card" as the reductive argument against tokens is often cited.

  19. #199
    Tokens is not the reason why people buy boost. People would do that anyway. Tokens just makes it easier in retail. People buy boosts in all classic versions too. No token there.

    Taking the token away would never fix the issue.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-11-23 at 05:14 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You have to wait for somebody to buy the token. I used four hours as an average because you cannot realistically expect people to sit around waiting to buy a new token the second the one you just put up is sold. The last time I looked at Mythic Sylv kills was when it was still in the HoF so that's probably why the example I used was off; even said, you're still waiting more than a week for the gold to come in. It's not nearly as simple as "swiping a credit card" as the reductive argument against tokens is often cited.
    You can stick all 20 of them on the auction house at once; They will literally not take more than a couple hours to sell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •