Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Iam impressed , this looks far bigger than I thought. May resub for this outdoor stuff

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    This is why WoW is on the down spin. Competitive raids and dungeons is why most players are leaving. /shrug
    Raiding in wow has had no impact to the downturn of WoW, if anything the raiding is whats keeping people in as the raiding content in WoW is still the best.

    The issue is Blizzard inability to implement content outside of raiding, Blizz has a dedicated raid team that does not impact resources for anything else bare in mind.

    Its Blizz current inability to implement good content outside of raiding for a long time and continued currently is whats annoying people.

    Older WoW had multiple types of content that people could sink their teeth into with a decent amount of grind, this kept people playing, Blizz removed this to implement highly gated content and borrowed power that stripped the class gameplay heavily at its base that would only unlock as the game went on as opposed to heading into which ever content it is with your full set of kit as it were.

  3. #43
    Well that's obnoxious. Bigger zones are miserable before they give us flying. Don't enjoy spending 5 minutes running around on my mount to get where I'm going to do a quest.

    Wish the whole zone was just the size of Stormwind or something, that'd be way more convenient.

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff, Québec
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Does it really matter?

    People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.
    Well, I don't care about raids and dungeons. World content matters to me. But I agree that a bigger world doesn't mean it is better. Lets wait and see.

  5. #45
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Does it really matter?

    People care about raids and dungeons the meat and potatoes of wow. How big they make the mindless grind zone isn't really a selling point. I would argue a bigger zone is worse then a smaller one.
    Though it does. Sad to see people do no longer care though. I am very much interested how much investment Blizzard is putting in their outdoor zones.

    @Op Thanks.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Though it does. Sad to see people do no longer care though. I am very much interested how much investment Blizzard is putting in their outdoor zones.

    @Op Thanks.
    I mean... how hard do you think they tried with the Maw?

  7. #47
    It looks MASSIVE when you look at the map for it. Who knows what it will look like in game, but its an important topic because this zone will include flying, so it needs to not immediately just trivialize traveling around it.
    Like imagine having flying in Korthia lol...

    Hope its as epic as it looks!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  8. #48
    Boy, I remember the last time we had this conversation. Back when MoP came out.

    We've literally run out of things to complain about. Whee.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

  9. #49
    I am actually impressed by the size.

    Hopefully it will contain lots of things to do and not have dead landmasses with just a few rares on<3

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well that's obnoxious. Bigger zones are miserable before they give us flying. Don't enjoy spending 5 minutes running around on my mount to get where I'm going to do a quest.

    Wish the whole zone was just the size of Stormwind or something, that'd be way more convenient.
    Im a bigger fan of bigger zones that makes the place able to "breathe", than having a smaller zone with 1 million mobs crammed into every corner of the place. If they just made the flying requirements be "do this and get flying without timegating it", most would be solved. People would travel out and complete it, get flying.

    Theres to many zones in wow that has been ruined because it was to small and way, way to many mobs crammed in.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Raiding in wow has had no impact to the downturn of WoW, if anything the raiding is whats keeping people in as the raiding content in WoW is still the best.

    The issue is Blizzard inability to implement content outside of raiding, Blizz has a dedicated raid team that does not impact resources for anything else bare in mind.

    Its Blizz current inability to implement good content outside of raiding for a long time and continued currently is whats annoying people.

    Older WoW had multiple types of content that people could sink their teeth into with a decent amount of grind, this kept people playing, Blizz removed this to implement highly gated content and borrowed power that stripped the class gameplay heavily at its base that would only unlock as the game went on as opposed to heading into which ever content it is with your full set of kit as it were.
    Issue is that entire end game is too acessible. Yes raids used to hold players interest in the game becouse it took lot of effort to beat them and get into them. This isnt case anymore thanks to LFR and LFG so this type of content no longer have that retantion value what is used to have.

  12. #52
    size itself isn't so important but if the zone is tiny they're not going to fit a lot of content there. then again though Mechagon was a lot of fun despite being so small

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully the layout of ZM won't be anything like Nazjatar's though. Boy that place sucked donkey #$&%, especially without flight ffs.
    going back there now it doesn't feel as bad, although that's probably just as much to do with spending less time there as it is to do with being able to fly. I really wish that at some point we'd been/will be able to visit a flooded version and swim through the zone as it always should have been

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •