Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    This is why blizzard made the worst spec in retail.. hunter never been the same since

  2. #22
    Nice guide on paper, but unfortunately in practice it isn't a real thing.

  3. #23
    Love it!

    Bring back Monkey and Pack in retail too!
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    And you're gonna steam rolled by any ranged because you're busy spending so much to try and make Hunter something it isn't and you're neglecting a lot of your ranged attack boosts
    You have many more tools innately to fuck with a caster than a warrior does.

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    You have many more tools innately to fuck with a caster than a warrior does.
    Yeah...you don't have charge or intercept to catch up to them in melee
    You don't have a melee or ranged interrupt because you're too busy having to hybrid hard just to try and make your silly spec viable
    All your dodge and parry you went to stack is meaningless against them
    If they're smart enough to take out your pet first you got nothing (You also need to stop your dps to heal your pet)
    Two of your best damage increasing tools only increase ranged dps...so you and your pet our out in melee
    In melee you're like a watered down Ret or Enhancement where you have but a few abilities on cooldowns, but you don't have anything like seals or windfury
    In ranged you'll be just a watered down BM because instead of damage you're spending points on melee defense
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  6. #26
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    You have many more tools innately to fuck with a caster than a warrior does.
    You 100% don't, at all. 90% of your actual burst is useless if you're sitting in the deadzone because you're trying to wing clip and raptor strike your way to victory.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    This is why blizzard made the worst spec in retail.. hunter never been the same since
    you are clueless

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    you are clueless
    So just ruined one of the three physical range specs just for the fun of it? Not cause of meme specs like this people made in vanilla?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You 100% don't, at all. 90% of your actual burst is useless if you're sitting in the deadzone because you're trying to wing clip and raptor strike your way to victory.
    Your burst is wyvern sting-immo trap-raptor strike. it's unavoidable bar a resist. would take a top 0.1% player to keep you in a deadzone forever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah...you don't have charge or intercept to catch up to them in melee
    You don't have a melee or ranged interrupt because you're too busy having to hybrid hard just to try and make your silly spec viable
    All your dodge and parry you went to stack is meaningless against them
    If they're smart enough to take out your pet first you got nothing (You also need to stop your dps to heal your pet)
    Two of your best damage increasing tools only increase ranged dps...so you and your pet our out in melee
    In melee you're like a watered down Ret or Enhancement where you have but a few abilities on cooldowns, but you don't have anything like seals or windfury
    In ranged you'll be just a watered down BM because instead of damage you're spending points on melee defense
    conc shot/wyvern sting and cheetah in between casts is enough to close the gap, not to mention you're draining their mana the whole time you don't have wyvern sting up. Let's say you're rooted at range, with a fast ranged wep and 1.0 attack speed pet you have the best pushback in the game. I actually played this in classic so I know it works, have you?
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2021-11-26 at 08:06 AM.

  10. #30
    Any logs to back up this going above and beyond expectations?

  11. #31
    Isn't spamming Wing Clip delaying autoattacks? If so, why would one do that in the vain hope of triggering windfury (that melee hunter likely will never get to be graced with).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  12. #32
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,799
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamePlayer View Post
    Your burst is wyvern sting-immo trap-raptor strike. it's unavoidable bar a resist. would take a top 0.1% player to keep you in a deadzone forever.


    conc shot/wyvern sting and cheetah in between casts is enough to close the gap, not to mention you're draining their mana the whole time you don't have wyvern sting up. Let's say you're rooted at range, with a fast ranged wep and 1.0 attack speed pet you have the best pushback in the game. I actually played this in classic so I know it works, have you?
    If you go deep enough to get wyvern then you lose out on much needed pet dps and lose a stun. All it takes is a spec of damage to shut cheetah down.

    You can only use one sting at a time and if you're using viper sting there goes a even bigger chunk of your ranged damage. Any caster worth their mettle will have pushback resistance

    Yeah sure you have...just like you had to flat out lie your ass off about Warriors...you obviously know nothing about them so why should I believe you know anything about this at all? You're just like the people who insist playing enhancement/ret in raids...only they actually have some utility
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    So just ruined one of the three physical range specs just for the fun of it? Not cause of meme specs like this people made in vanilla?
    survival was always meant to be the melee spec. alot of the talents even indicated that. in fact it WAS a Melee Spec before Release

  14. #34
    pretty sure you lose to a nova and standing in dead zone

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    but it can't do great dps or the ranged hunters will complain
    you were so close to admitting the truth. No, it's not that they can't or range would complain, it's that they just can't. There's a reason why it was scrapped entirely for so many expansions, because it just flat sucked

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    survival was always meant to be the melee spec. alot of the talents even indicated that. in fact it WAS a Melee Spec before Release
    yes and Ehn for shaman were supposed to be a tank spec as well. Funny how design and application don't always work out right

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinkx View Post
    Any logs to back up this going above and beyond expectations?
    they're literally less damage than ret paladins with the survivability of less than a rogue. It was always a very bad build and always will be. The reason why some of these people think it worked in vanilla is because there were so many people that were just awful at the game and they think being able to win duels against people that can barely understand two buttons means they were a success.
    I'm done talking with talking/arguing with the far left authoritarian fascists of this site. You've lost all sense of reason and abandon logic for the brainwash feed of the mass media without taking a second thought to really think for a few seconds about what you're being spoon fed. The mods of this site are also just as bad and charge an infraction on anyone they disagree with for whatever reason, even if they have to make one up. We're done here with any sort of discussion.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    you were so close to admitting the truth. No, it's not that they can't or range would complain, it's that they just can't. There's a reason why it was scrapped entirely for so many expansions, because it just flat sucked

    - - - Updated - - -



    yes and Ehn for shaman were supposed to be a tank spec as well. Funny how design and application don't always work out right

    - - - Updated - - -



    they're literally less damage than ret paladins with the survivability of less than a rogue. It was always a very bad build and always will be. The reason why some of these people think it worked in vanilla is because there were so many people that were just awful at the game and they think being able to win duels against people that can barely understand two buttons means they were a success.
    and now it works for 6 years. whats your point ?

  17. #37
    High Overlord Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinkx View Post
    Any logs to back up this going above and beyond expectations?
    I went down the rabbit hole a bit and couldn't find any. OP does have a Discord for melee hunters, though, for what it's worth. But I'm curious how this does in comparison to similarly-skilled "Correct build" hunters.

  18. #38
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I went down the rabbit hole a bit and couldn't find any. OP does have a Discord for melee hunters, though, for what it's worth. But I'm curious how this does in comparison to similarly-skilled "Correct build" hunters.
    The best Hunters melee weave and will utterly shit on pure melee builds. That goes for PvE and PvP, where you can still get big Raptor Strike slaps after you've already unloaded your ranged burst and cc'd your target.

    There's literally no reason to go pure melee and willfully throw away 75% of your kit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    If you go deep enough to get wyvern then you lose out on much needed pet dps and lose a stun. All it takes is a spec of damage to shut cheetah down.

    You can only use one sting at a time and if you're using viper sting there goes a even bigger chunk of your ranged damage. Any caster worth their mettle will have pushback resistance

    Yeah sure you have...just like you had to flat out lie your ass off about Warriors...you obviously know nothing about them so why should I believe you know anything about this at all? You're just like the people who insist playing enhancement/ret in raids...only they actually have some utility
    Much needed pet dps? Pet dps is fine even with zero BM talents. With full BM your pet can solo people, that's a fun but different build.

    Serpent sting's piddly and mana inefficient damage is nothing compared to the value of ooming people. An oom enemy is utterly helpless. These two points show me that you're of the mindset of a PvE player.

    Cheetah in between casts is a skill but it's very simple in classic, all you really need to keep track of is fire blast and shadowburn. Other abilities (even hunter shots which you can track with a swing timer) have a visible missile or cast bar, just switch to another aspect before it lands.

    DPS casters don't have pushback resistance on their most important spells without shields. Ice barrier and PW:S gets eaten quickly by damage. VW sacrifice is annoying, you can hope to trap the pet before they sac it, but link warlocks are the rock to hunter's scissors no matter your spec.

    I haven't lied about warriors at all, you just can't get over your dragonslayer bias. They do great damage in PvE and that's awesome, but they're among the least capable classes in the game on their own. Key word capable eg. they have many situations where there is nothing in their spellbook that can help them.
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2021-11-26 at 08:36 PM.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    and now it works for 6 years. whats your point ?
    you mean retail? because it sure af doesn't work in classic/classic tbc. And I've heard survival in retail is still pretty bad
    I'm done talking with talking/arguing with the far left authoritarian fascists of this site. You've lost all sense of reason and abandon logic for the brainwash feed of the mass media without taking a second thought to really think for a few seconds about what you're being spoon fed. The mods of this site are also just as bad and charge an infraction on anyone they disagree with for whatever reason, even if they have to make one up. We're done here with any sort of discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •