Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordoc91 View Post
    You ignore the fact that hunters are normally put in a melee group that provide Trueshot Aura to buff the melee.

Do you actually have any footage/logs/proof of you making this work to a decent level or are you going to keep spouting this crap?
    So? as a melee Hunter you benefit from Trueshot Aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    So? as a melee Hunter you benefit from Trueshot Aura.
    Ill go back to my earlier point - show us footage of you/anyone else making this work to a decent level or stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    So your admitting a ranged hunter does more dps you are purposefully gimping yourself and raid for no gain. What a team player. The worst bit is hunters are already the worst actual dps class and you have admitted you make it worse.
    If someone doing less damage is the determinating factor for a boss not being killed, there are bigger issues going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    you heard . so you have no knowledge. No its pretty good right now.
    dps wise its half decent,but that means nothing if other melee dps bring more to the group,there is literaly zero reason to ever have a survival hunter vs literaly any other melee dps

ofc that doesnt mean you shouldnt play it if you enjoy it,if you are in a normal/hc guild you can play w/e and be fine

Why would you even consider this a legit playstyle, until survival became a melee spec the only reason a hunter should ever be in melee is/was to level weapon skills or for certain fight conditions (such as if you you might get pushed of a ledge and die to x ability)

3+ Year Old Account
    Melee-weaving was enjoyable and put that little bit that was missing from a ranged hunter in place for the class to actually feel engaging when playing it in Raids.
    Only did it myself after I acquired the stick from Loatheb, but it bumped my dps by about 100-250 after learning how to do it properly so that was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    dps wise its half decent,but that means nothing if other melee dps bring more to the group,there is literaly zero reason to ever have a survival hunter vs literaly any other melee dps

ofc that doesnt mean you shouldnt play it if you enjoy it,if you are in a normal/hc guild you can play w/e and be fine
    right now. survival on ptr is nuts easily the strongest aoe spec in the Game and it also has very good ST

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    right now. survival on ptr is nuts easily the strongest aoe spec in the Game and it also has very good ST
    It will proly get nerfed,but a spec that brings no utility should always do more dmg

It will proly get nerfed,but a spec that brings no utility should always do more dmg
    This a Classic thread, not Retail

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    This a Classic thread, not Retail
    the line of discussion i was replying to was about retail

the line of discussion i was replying to was about retail
    I know Your post was just the last in the line.

If someone doing less damage is the determinating factor for a boss not being killed, there are bigger issues going on.
    This is kind of a "free rider" mindset. If you assume that everyone else is going to do enough damage so that your damage doesn't matter, you're probably right and the boss is going to die. But if everyone assumes that, the damage will obviously be too low, and the boss won't die. It's about understanding that to be successful, you don't want players who assume that their contribution doesn't matter because when you have too many players like that, you won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    This is kind of a "free rider" mindset. If you assume that everyone else is going to do enough damage so that your damage doesn't matter, you're probably right and the boss is going to die. But if everyone assumes that, the damage will obviously be too low, and the boss won't die. It's about understanding that to be successful, you don't want players who assume that their contribution doesn't matter because when you have too many players like that, you won't be.
    We're talking about a hunter/hunters going this unusual melee route not the entire raid. In the most dire of hypotheticals you're looking at a few extra seconds to a boss fight. And just a reminder that bosses were killed 15 years ago with far much less damage or knowledge.

Also atm boomkins/ret/enh/ele are more mainstream and are still barely invited, you won't see more than 1 or 2 in a raid, there's clearly not a huge movement of people wanting to go down the off meta route, let alone an entire raid of people for it to be enough of a negative impact.
    Last edited by Caperfin; 2022-01-24 at 12:00 PM.

If you have anymore questions, let me know!

If you have anymore questions, let me know!
    Yeah I have one, can you show us footage of this working/being competitive?