Question Mythic antorus solo ilvl?

So, my hunter is now 221, i wanna go for the shackled urzul with the most char i can per week, wich ilvl should i be around to be able to solo that with "ease"? My DH solo it easy at 247 ilvl but my 205 DK was getting wrecked....so for hunter wich ilvl you guys did solo that?

Quote Originally Posted by lazarius View Post
    So, my hunter is now 221, i wanna go for the shackled urzul with the most char i can per week, wich ilvl should i be around to be able to solo that with "ease"? My DH solo it easy at 247 ilvl but my 205 DK was getting wrecked....so for hunter wich ilvl you guys did solo that?
    Can’t guarantee it, but you’re probably fine. Keep in mind Hunters and Locks can solo things sooner than most other classes simply because the pet takes the brunt of the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Can’t guarantee it, but you’re probably fine. Keep in mind Hunters and Locks can solo things sooner than most other classes simply because the pet takes the brunt of the damage.
    well i tried this morning, got to argus, but then argus raped my face.... i dont know why even if i misdirect on my pet, even if my pet taunt every 8 second, the boss ALWAYS come to me and eat me alive....what i am doing wrong?

My understanding is that at some point (2013 maybe?) there was implemented a modifier to pet threat on raid bosses. This was done so that a random pet taunt wouldn't mess up boss mechanics, or be used to cheese boss mechanics. Removing that change on old bosses that people farm is probably low priority for Bliz, I assume probably because the change was done to how pet taunt works, and not to abilities added to individual bosses. It's possible it could be in the generic combat scripting of entering raid boss combat as well (I.e: the specific type of combat that resets cooldowns when combat finishes).

I personally just recommend putting in lfg for it. It's not too hard to find a couple other people to go with.

well i tried this morning, got to argus, but then argus raped my face.... i dont know why even if i misdirect on my pet, even if my pet taunt every 8 second, the boss ALWAYS come to me and eat me alive....what i am doing wrong?
    Bosses are immune to growl -at least most are.
    I don't know if Argus has any special mechanics, but try to sending your pet in to build up some aggro and wait with going ham yourself.
    Keep MD up and use FD to reset your own threat.

As someone else stated, MD on the pet, use FD if needed. Might need to slow play it a little bit.

Out of curiosity, what caused the issue? Just his melee hits or was it a debuff issue? I’m probably going to attempt this tonight if I have time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo it every week on my hunter. I have more Ilvl than you but this is the general strat.

1. Come prepared with all kind of buffs. Do not use rune/food because you get killed before p3 anyway.
    2. Have the teleport to get right to Aggramar. Don't need to kill Shivarras or dogs, just do Garothi, Aggramar, Argus.
    3. In phase 1, pet can tank the boss without any issue. The scythe however will always be directed at you. If you get too many stacks, just feign death, wait for the stacks to run out, then resume attacking. Refresh misdirection whenever you can and use feign death to wipe your aggro otherwise.
    4. Everything is easy until last phase.
    5. As soon as you can ress, run to the tree, pop a rune, use all cooldowns, and start hitting Argus. Interrupt his instakill cast at the last second to maximize dps time. In this phase, scythe stacks do not reset (but they don't get applied either if you use feign death, so try to work with that), you get progressively more damage, and you must take care of modules that spawn sometimes. Be sure to have at least some self-heal, your pet is not at risk of dying. If you can kill the boss before he kills you, you win.

The only problem really is the last phase. At ilvl 240 I almost died there, but I was also taking it too easy instead of focusing like I should have. So you might be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I solo it every week on my hunter. I have more Ilvl than you but this is the general strat.

1. Come prepared with all kind of buffs. Do not use rune/food because you get killed before p3 anyway.
    2. Have the teleport to get right to Aggramar. Don't need to kill Shivarras or dogs, just do Garothi, Aggramar, Argus.
    3. In phase 1, pet can tank the boss without any issue. The scythe however will always be directed at you. If you get too many stacks, just feign death, wait for the stacks to run out, then resume attacking. Refresh misdirection whenever you can and use feign death to wipe your aggro otherwise.
    4. Everything is easy until last phase.
    5. As soon as you can ress, run to the tree, pop a rune, use all cooldowns, and start hitting Argus. Interrupt his instakill cast at the last second to maximize dps time. In this phase, scythe stacks do not reset (but they don't get applied either if you use feign death, so try to work with that), you get progressively more damage, and you must take care of modules that spawn sometimes. Be sure to have at least some self-heal, your pet is not at risk of dying. If you can kill the boss before he kills you, you win.

The only problem really is the last phase. At ilvl 240 I almost died there, but I was also taking it too easy instead of focusing like I should have. So you might be fine.
    Just to add to this (my ilvl is 253), I did not use a rune, but I did have a Flask, Shadowcore Oil, and an armor kit on from raid the night before so that definitely helps. I ended up 1 shotting this, so take this with a grain of salt.
    I used lust on pull; however, looking back on it I would have preferred to use it after the tree spawns and you Rez.
    I only got 2 of the Orbs, and should have prioritized them more as the 1st one I ignored until it was almost 1/3-1/2 of the room.
    I had to use FD quite often as my damage is way over the threat a pet can do now.
    I did this as MM, with SST as my legendary. I used a cat pet (any ferocity works because of the Leech bonus), which helps get your health back up after your stacks get high from Scythes. I also have all of my gems ranks 5 which help. I could have optimized them better, but I used all 3 Blood gems, the Unholy gem for stacking damage, and the Frost gem for the absorb shield.

To the OP: if you’re still struggling you might want to wait until next tier or get some m+ runs in for higher ilvl. It would take a while, but with uncapped valor and some high m+ runs you can upgrade the items up to 246 capped right now.