Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People can't get their heads around others being civil instead of acting with hostility from behind the perceived anonymity the internet gives them.

FF14 players in general are just that, civil. If in their heads they're cursing you for being a loser.. That's their business. Welcome to real life.

I think these people that bring up passive aggressiveness should just get out more.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. In the real world, most people are civil to each other even if sometimes they curse others in their head. As long as they don't act on it, that's not passive aggressiveness. It's just conducting yourself with the civility of a human being.

For a long time, the internet and online gaming especially has offered a way for people to be anonymous, and thus gives them an outlet to act like an asshole. But I have a question for people who want to be openly toxic:

If your real name was attached to all of your online personas, would you try to avoid being a complete dick to other people who also had their real name displayed?

The answer most would give (honestly at least) is likely not.

Passive Aggressiveness is not cursing someone in your head. Passive aggressiveness is where you do or say things to subtly show your distaste for someone. Passive aggressiveness is acting on those negative emotions but in a more subtle way. If nobody acts on toxic feelings and remains quiet. That's not passive aggressive. That's just staying quiet about your feelings.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    And show me your savage and ultimate clears before saying FFXIV's endgame is a joke.
    No thanks I don't want to be banned because I told a guy his DPS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    Honest question: Do you people legitimately think telling someone in a randomly matched group that their dps sucks solves anything? Like they're going to suddenly play better or what?
    Does this accomplishes anything besides insulting someone and stroking your own ego? Just from the logic perspective.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2021-12-01 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    You showed him, everyone will believe that is the reason why for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Honest question: Do you people legitimately think telling someone in a randomly matched group that their dps sucks solves anything? Like they're going to suddenly play better or what?
    Does this accomplishes anything besides insulting someone and stroking your own ego? Just from the logic perspective.
    Yeah, exactly my point. It's not like anyone gains anything from that.
    Neither will the player think about what is being said, nor has he any reason to believe it in the first place.

Yesterday, the tank in our M+ group who tanks 20+ keys for me/us got blamed by randoms for a +15 key that wasn't done in time. (he didn't die and didn't stop between pulls or whatever)
    I mean, even if it were true, what exactly is he going to change when all that was being said was "worst tank ever".
    I have no idea how a tank can even be blamed for that as there isn't really anything a tank can/should do in a +15 that is even remotely important to the run other than doing the pulls (especially since last week had irrelevant affixes), but that's not the point.

The point is that others feel like they have to put blame on someone that isn't them... these conversations aren't used to help each other improve, it's just there to make the other person feel worse and to somehow trick your own mind that you yourself are not to blame. It's like a poor mans version of "mobbing".
    If that gets removed by the banhammer whenever it comes up, I'm a happy man. I love to see them being faced with consequences.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-01 at 11:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's always burner accounts dumping on the game. At this point I've learned to ignore them. The internet already offers a strong level of anonymity. That people feel the need to create additional fake accounts to protect their real account from being recognized as a shitter is just all the more sad.

I'd suggest just ignoring the shitter burner accounts made a couple of days ago, guys. But I'm not gonna hold it against you if you wanna call them out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I think you guys need to check how you behave yourself. This will determine how well the community is near your prescence. I hear horror stories about wow but I've play blizzard games for 20 years now and rarely have i had any issues in wow and i think has had the best community of any game.
    So i want you to look at your own behaviour ingame and see if you may be the cause for a bad experience in a games community.

I've never seen a community so quick to leap to the defense of a healer with half the classes in the game at 80 when the evil elitist tries to shatter their mind by requesting the healer cast some damage spells on occasion instead of spamming their lowest throughput heal.
    I've never seen people so willing to tolerate having their time wasted by someone who joins a pf group for a phase of a boss they can't get to reliably.
    I've never seen so many creeps walk up to someone they don't know and solicit erp.

There are other such experiences that anyone with more than a passing familiarity with the game will have seen.

I have 5000 hours in ff14 and I love the game, but it winning this award is a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    In real life, when someone is bad at what he is doing, I can say it. I'll get ban for that in FF. Not really the same "rule".
    Offering friendly advice to someone won't get you in trouble in game or out of game. But if you think you can start screaming vulgarities at people and telling them to kill themselves and not get kicked out of the bowling alley, I have bad news for you.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I think you guys need to check how you behave yourself. This will determine how well the community is near your prescence. I hear horror stories about wow but I've play blizzard games for 20 years now and rarely have i had any issues in wow and i think has had the best community of any game.
    So i want you to look at your own behaviour ingame and see if you may be the cause for a bad experience in a games community.
    I would not agree, because people lash out at others just for not performing on a level the that person sees as reasonable. And do it without recieving actual aggression. You don't have to start a conversation, you could simply make a mistake or just be bad at the game.

See the person below your post. I'm not saying he is doing that, maybe he is just thinking it (like myself), although I actually *believe* he is doing it. I mean, it does at least sounds like he comes into contact with these guys regulary and seems like it creates conflict.

Either way, it all depends on how things are being said.

If I'm the healer and I'm not doing damage and that other guy in my group starts saying "man, that trash healer should deal some damage" the agressor is not the person not dealing damage, it's the person making that comment and the way he made that comment.
    Just because he is fed up with healers not doing damage doesn't mean he gets to behave like a moron/man-child.

And I'm saying that while being part of the "healers that don't cast dps spells in dungeons/raids/savage/ultimate are absolute shit"-group
    But that's what I think to myself, and not what I smear into their face every chance I get. It has nothing to do with "they pay 13 bucks for the sub and can play how they want either".
    I'm simply grown up enough to realize that they aren't doing it out of spite or malice, they aren't doing it because they think thats not their job or whatever their reasoning is.
    And the *only*, seriously *only*, correct way to tell them otherwise is doing it by talking to them *properly* like you'd explain your colleague at "work" or wherever how to do something.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-01 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Offering friendly advice to someone won't get you in trouble in game or out of game. But if you think you can start screaming vulgarities at people and telling them to kill themselves and not get kicked out of the bowling alley, I have bad news for you.
    So you went from one extreme to another. How typical. As I said, if you say to someone : you are not pulling your weight, you do less damage than the healer. You will get punished.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I would not agree, because people lash out just for not performing on a level the other person sees as reasonable. And do it without recieving actual aggression. You don't have to start a conversation, you could simply make a mistake or just be bad at the game.

See the person below your post. I'm not saying he is doing that, maybe he is just thinking it (like myself), although I actually *believe* he is doing it. I mean, it does at least sounds like he comes into contact with these guys regulary and seems like it creates conflict.

Either way, it all depends on how things are being said.

If I'm the healer and I'm not doing damage and that other guy in my group starts saying "man, that trash healer should deal some damage" the agressor is not the person not dealing damage, it's the person making that comment and the way he made that comment.
    Just because he is fed up with healers not doing damage doesn't mean he gets to behave like a moron/man-child.

And I'm saying that while being part of the "healers that don't cast dps spells in dungeons/raids/savage/ultimate are absolute shit"-group
    But that's what I think to myself, and not what I smear into their face every chance I get.
    Couldnt have said it better. I m also in the group of "healers should deal damage". But lashing out and flaming healers who dont do it instead of politely asking or offering advice is just not right. I have never even received a warning or gm jail in my 8 years of playing and I ve asked plenty of people to pull their own weight. Just not in an asshole sort of way.

- - - Updated - - -

So you went from one extreme to another. How typical. As I said, if you say to someone : you are not pulling your weight, you do less damage than the healer. You will get punished.
    You will not. This is a flat out lie. The only way to get punished is to point directly to a damage meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Couldnt have said it better. I m also in the group of "healers should deal damage". But lashing out and flaming healers who dont do it instead of politely asking or offering advice is just not right. I have never even received a warning or gm jail in my 8 years of playing and I ve asked plenty of people to pull their own weight. Just not in an asshole sort of way.

- - - Updated - - -

You will not. This is a flat out lie. The only way to get punished is to point directly to a damage meter.
    Nope, it happened to me. I never said I did use ACT. But still got punished for that

Nope, it happened to me. I never said I did use ACT. But still got punished for that
    This does seem like a "I didn't call him stupid, I just asked if he is!" situation. You don't really need to be a genius to understand a lot of implications.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also a party based game. You don't have to be the cause to see toxicity. I was pretty good at WoW and I rarely made major mistakes when doing M+ dungeons. That didn't stop me from seeing people tear each other apart in party chat when someone made a mistake.

It's honestly an inherent part of the design. When someone has something to lose other than wasted time, you see far more toxicity as a result. It's a large reason why League is so toxic. Same thing with the way Mythic raid lockouts work. If you get a bad group you're basically screwed because you're locked to the raid and basically can't progress until next week.

Final Fantasy 14 doesn't have those things so people are far more willing to just leave a group that's wasting their time rather than raging before they do so.

Weird how I've helped dozens of people who weren't performing very well and never had a problem. I wonder if there is something different about our approaches...
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Weird how I've helped dozens of people who weren't performing very well and never had a problem. I wonder if there is something different about our approaches...
    Obviously, but idc. I was stating facts without insults and got punished for that because he could not handle it.

Obviously, but idc. I was stating facts without insults and got punished for that because he could not handle it.
    Gonna press a fat X to doubt the no insults part.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Gonna press a fat X to doubt the no insults part.
    Can't handle facts ? I do not insult, not even in wow. I just state facts and people get angry over it

Can't handle facts ? I do not insult, not even in wow. I just state facts and people get angry over it
    Thats the most 12 year old kid thing I have ever heard. Just because something is true it doesn't automatically becomes non-insult.