Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    D&D alignments are very shitty, even WoW has more realistic morality in the sense that few human-like characters are inherently or purely categorisable as good, evil, lawful or chaotic.

I've obeyed stupid orders, done plenty of self serving actions, but i've also been the opposite as the stories demand.
    Well you're really always following orders.
    There are few missions where you actually make a decision on your own.

PS: On the D&D it is rather to define a general not a rule to be followed by raja tabala. Look at it as a simplified scale.

Chaotic dumb and it’s not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Wow is a roleplay game for danuser only, everyone else playing is stuck playing out his awful fanfics.

there is zero consistency as you would expect from a trash tier writer.
    sometimes we burn children alive and harvest their souls to hell, sometimes we save kittens.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My Ren'dorei main would be Neutral Good just like the Ren'dorei in general.

She is neither Lawful nor Chaotic. She is not Lawful because she's an outcast exiled by her own kind for beseeching a dark power. She is not Chaotic either, because she has always believed in the Alliance's ideals. Those ideals that brought Magister Umbric to denounce the despicable system that crushes the goblin masses. They are devoted to the ideals of justice and equity.

And obviously, and this is true for all Ren'dorei, she is not Evil, because ultimately she only wants to protect Quel'Thalas and all of Azeroth from the Shadows.
    why not just call it a void elf lol
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Chaotic Dumb.

How is this even in question.
    Was gonna suggest something else...
    But this is really it, no sarcasm, no joke, just the best answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    why not just call it a void elf lol
    I will address a faction of Thalassian elves by their Thalassian name.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    D&D alignments are very shitty, even WoW has more realistic morality in the sense that few human-like characters are inherently or purely categorisable as good, evil, lawful or chaotic.

I've obeyed stupid orders, done plenty of self serving actions, but i've also been the opposite as the stories demand.
    D&D Alignments are used to describe the consistent trend of a character's behavior. Not define everything the character is capable of.

The player has the moral compass of a rotten tomato, since they lack the brainpower to actually think about their choices.

The only alternative to chaotic dumb is chaotic evil, given how we will kill anyone and anything for a few coppers just because someone asks us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The player has the moral compass of a rotten tomato, since they lack the brainpower to actually think about their choices.
    I'm starting to think that the PC is actually mind-controlled, since he/she lacks any kind of actual agency when it comes to the story, or even about his/her own actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah, they barely made sense in the late 70's when Gygax and his buddy made them. Now a days? Pffft. Get outta here!
    I think they make some sort of sense in their old models for their universes since they were built on the wheel of alignments. Effectively with alignments being tied into fundamental parts of the universe. An objective good, evil, law, and chaos.

But in any setting that doesn't have it, it doesn't make much sense at all. People are motivated by goals, wants, and desires, not because they want to be "chaotic neutral".

7+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft it self is very open about this, so it all comes down to what you feel your characters is like.

There are evil quests... Good quests and neutral quests, so it all depends on what quests you have done and what you "think in your head" your characters is like.

I would be great to have a alinement things that would show it in game to give each character you have more personality.

Something that would be amazing would be to get the "Dragon Age" way of system where you can choose what to answer in quests and where the quests veries abit from your choice.

Elder scrolls online does this really good in their quests out in the world.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Alliance: Lawful stupid
    Horde: Chaotic evil

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    D&D Alignments are used to describe the consistent trend of a character's behavior. Not define everything the character is capable of.
    Yeah, thereby flattening most characters into nonsensical pancake personalities.
    Even just no system is better than theirs, in most of my campaigns, whether as DM or participant we've just scrapped alignment entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Well you're really always following orders.
    There are few missions where you actually make a decision on your own.

PS: On the D&D it is rather to define a general not a rule to be followed by raja tabala. Look at it as a simplified scale.
    Even as a simplified scale it is dysfunctional imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah, they barely made sense in the late 70's when Gygax and his buddy made them. Now a days? Pffft. Get outta here!
    Exactly, all they're good for nowadays is memes.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    My Blood Elf Mage is true neutral, she cares only about enhancing her own magical power and is constantly confused at the frequency in which she finds herself doing shit for other people that do not serve this goal.

My Void Elf Priest is Chaotic Evil, he delights in causing insanity, it amuses him. He thought opposing N'zoth was the dumbest idea ever and he secretly hopes his leaders will see what he calls reason, and embrace what he calls sanity.

My Forsaken Warlock just wants to be left the fuck alone, some kind of neutral I think.

I have several other characters, but to keep it short- they all make very dumb decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.